Why so many people want transformers 6 from michael bay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by decepticon seeker, Feb 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

I’ve been noticing on social media that so many people want transformers 6 and want michael bay to return to tranformers and find bumblebee a bad movie.Seems so many people enjoyed bayformers I wouldn’t call them real tf fans(people who went to see these movies but dont care about the franchise)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  2. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Because we want a proper closure to the story instead of wasting time and money on two other unrelated movies?

:deadhorse: 

• Like Like x 24
  3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    It's called a vocal minority. It's people who don't honestly care about TFs as a franchise and instead want to see some startlet half naked coiled around a motorcycle sexily while in the background indiscernible metal piles fight amongst explosions while other characters make pot and dick jokes.

• Like Like x 36
  4. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's likely the brand wouldn't be around if the movies didn't happen. But people like you can't be reasoned with.

• Like Like x 17
  5. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    This is patently false. The series was going fine without Bayverse. You want to look at a dead line, look at G2. BW reinvigorated the Western market, but the Western market was in NO danger during A/E/C. Movieverse fans on here have a MASSIVELY overinflated sense of their series' worth.

• Like Like x 18
  6. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

Yes I know but those movies gave the franchise a bad reputation and people who only watched tf movies and no tf shows or comics thats what I meant by real fans

• Like Like x 2
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Because people can not accept that TLK is, in fact, an actual ending, all because of the ONE stupid scene that mentions Unicron at the very end - which Lorenzo even admitted was only added to try and bait people wanting a sequel hard enough that it might convince Paramount to make it.

• Like Like x 19
  8. Not Blitzwing

Not Blitzwing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Virtual representation of Bayverse fans wanting Transformers 6:
    :deadhorse: :horse: 

• Like Like x 16
  9. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They can still be fans. I was obsessed with the movies completely then I discovered other generations and I love them all.

• Like Like x 16
  10. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually for me, it's not about TF6. It's more about seeing ideas not go to waste.

Part of the reason I like the movieverse is because there's stuff in there that I feel would be awesome if executed properly.

• Like Like x 17
  11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Closure, mainly. Some enjoy the subpar aspects of the previous films. For others, it's people wanting to see another Bay film go all explodey.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Wow. What a worthless, pointless comment to make. "Real TF fans?" Congratulations on being part of the problem with the Transformers fandom.

There are no "real TF fans" in the sense of there being a single group of fans who are the "true fans." We're all equally fans of Transformers here, whether we like G1, the Beast Era, the Bay movies, or Rescue Bots, or Bumblebee, or the UT, or Animated, or Prime, or IDW. Everything we like is equally Transformers. Please stop with the "real Tf fans" nonsense.

EDIT: This response was to the original wording and not the revised wording.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 56
  13. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

Apparently, the Unicron hook /the reason why some want a TLK sequel) was not in the original script, but was mandated by the producers after test screenings - both Bay and Whalberg stated that TLK was their last film and, without that scene, the ending has a note of finality.

And, yes, some people do consider the latter-day Bayverse's gross toilet humour, graphic violence and thinly written characters "edgy" and "cool", as opposed to Bumblebee being too "kiddy".

If a cousin of mine is anything to go by, these are the same people who whine that the complex subtext about power, identity and the cycle of revenge in Black Panther was "boring" and who threw tantrums at the very idea of Black Widow getting a solo movie.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    These people haven't really paid attention to the previous movies, have they?

Based on precedent, I'd say there's a very good chance a sixth Michael Bay film would have once again taken the story in a completely different direction that would have either barely acknowledged or even outright ignored the sequel bait set up by TLK.

I would assume those are the same people who seriously speculated following the reveal of TLK Onslaught about him totally being a member of the yet-to-be-revealed movieverse Combaticons who would have totally for reals combined into Bruticus, because there has never been such a thing as nameslapping in the film series before, amirite?

But no, people totally wanted to see Unicron. Who, knowing Bay, would have probably been depicted as an overweight robot Santa Claus, featured lots of farting, belching and pooping jokes, and would have eventually been taken down by Zac Efron, who plays the new human lead Danny Coleman, who turns out to have absorbed the essence of Primus. But hey, live action Unicron!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 17
  15. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto.

News Credits:
    Honestly, the should just make like a 5 issue comic and wrap up the loose ends.

• Like Like x 3
  16. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nobody likes a damn cliffhanger!
    I don't care what the reception to a movie is, it shouldn't end on a cliffhanger.

• Like Like x 8
  17. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Excuse me, what?

• Like Like x 24
  18. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto.

News Credits:
    That was my reaction. The type of grade-A jerk you have to be to diss people who like something other than you, and to then tell them they're not real fans.

• Like Like x 13
  19. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Jesus, people. He's referring to casual moviegoers who don't care about the franchise. Hipsters, if you will. Do schools no longer teach context or conjecture? I get the OP can't punctuate for shit, but I could see that while sleep addled from switching shifts...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 真破壊大帝

News Credits:
    I absolutely love all the salty and not at all mad responses to an offhand remark the OP probably didn't even think about posting. :lol 

Actually, one of the biggest problems with the fandom is how they'll settle for such subpar / crappy content and not have higher standards and then get pissy with people who think TF can be better than drivel appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Furthermore, gatekeeping your hobbies is a perfectly normal and good thing to do. I wouldn't call the normies who saw the bay movies and thought they were good to be actual fans, that doesn't make them bad people or anything it just makes them.. normies. Hell I wouldn't call the people who reviewed it and thought it was bad to necessarily be 'real fans' either. The average moviegoer who just enjoys the CGI and mindless action and who doesn't know any better isn't a fan like you or I, they can be, but just seeing crap films that do a poor job of introducing people to the series isn't enough. If you don't gatekeep your hobbies it'll become co-opted by dickheads who don't understand or want to change it so it will suit their vision instead of what made people like it in the first place.

As much as it may tick you off, there is such a thing as fake fans, or simply fans with stupid ideas that harm the overall brand.

When the crappy Bay movies came out, instead of allowing people to be skeptical or even downright negative about the films we had legions of idiots saying "why do you hate change, man? You're such a geewunner, man." And look where that's got us, 5 garbage-tier movies that people still defend to this day. Instead of asking for something better, so many people just became complacent and consumed it regardless because it was called "Transformers."

When the Sonic the Hedgehog (I say this as someone who's a fan of the IP) movie is objectively better than the majority of live action TF movies, that should be a sobering reality. The Sonic fandom is mostly infamous and yet their response to Sonic's ugly original design was to rightfully mock it, hell even regular non-fans of the character mocked it! They didn't do what the Bayformers acolytes did and just accept ugly redesigns of characters.

We should all have higher standards and not just accept crap. You're allowed to like the Bay movies, but we really should desire better. Transformers deserves it, and so do the fans.

:2c: 

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.