Why so Few Decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hound89, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

The Autobot To decepticon ratio of the Generations line Seems very seems Disproportionate.

Yeah We got Skybyte, waspinator, tankor and megatron, but nothing else.

IS it because there are so few decepticons in the spotlight in the IDW comics?

2. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

"Because kids don't want villains" I guess. This isn't anything new though. It's been this way for years. But the AOE line is ridiculous. Two villains. Yeah.

3. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah this.

4. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Well there's Stinger, and allot of people want toys based on some of those Vehicon drones (I Especially want the 2 headed Shockwave looking one).

Like I am not expecting Every Decepticon, but like whats the point of Getting autobots with out Decepticons to fight them

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I hear a lot of people speculating (or it may be an official statement, I dunno) that villains don't sell as well. But jeez, the AOE line is freaking ridiculous.

6. bman

bman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's also the fact that none of the real decepticons in the movie actually transform.

They just disintegrate and morph into the other form.

How does one design toys around that? *lmfao*

7. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

I thought the same thing, but I guess this strategy works for Hasbro.

I've actually bought mostly Decepticons from the 2012-present Generations line simply because my collection is overly imbalanced as it is.

8. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

It's been this way since 1984. Even back then, though, with Shockwave and Soundwave, I always thought their toys were cooler.

9. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This complaint, or ones like it, have existed since the first generation of Transformers toys came out. "Why are there so many Autobots and so few Decepticons?" When I first got into the craze, as a kid in the 80's, the 1984 line had 18 Autobot figures and only 9 Decepticons. It seemed strange that the Autobots were losing the war when they outnumbered the Decepticons two to one. This ratio improved during the 85 line as the number of new Decepticons available swelled to 19 against the 25 new Autobots Hasbro added. As far back as I can remember, there has always been more Autobot toys offered than Decepticons in any annual product line.

10. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

I would also think for stories sake since the Autobots come from a line of scholars and artists so to speak and that the Decepticons being the War branch of the community are more powerful, heavily armed, and armored and are more difficult to take down? Maybe not in the movie universe, but else where it does seem like that.