Why Optimus' distrust in humanity doesn't work for me.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LegionofMordor, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More like, "When every better action film comes out."

2. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ugh. Don't start that crap

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's true, though. Transformers movies only get compared to movies like Avengers and Pacific Rim on this forum because they handle certain storytelling elements better.

I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just clarifying why it's happening.

4. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

Comparing a diferrent action movie to another is like comparing DC to Marvel two diferrent things.

5. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

#IDW 4life

Kidding. Couldn't resist. :) 

6. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

I'd say while he's didn't give up entirely on humans, he no longer holds them on a pillar. He thinks they're no better than the Cybertronians. Yeah there's good like his old NEST friends and the Yeagers, but there's also rotten bastards like Cemetry Wind and the like, just like how there's Autobots and Decepticons.

However Cade does seem to restore his faith in humanity a bit, mostly because while he could have just turned him for a cushy reward and went on his way, but he helped Prime, even at the cost of his home and his life as he knew it, simply because it was the right thing to do. In a way Cade stuck his neck out even more than Sam did, because Sam was hunted by the Decepticons and pretty much had to side with the Autobots to save his own life. Cade had no such threat.

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I rewatched the film again today and a few things undermine this point in the movie;

Group meeting;
    Harold Attinger refers to his idea of a 'purified' Earth free of Transformers during a group meeting. The group meeting with Harold Attinger and other 'men in shadows' shows him referring to the dead Ironhide and Bumblebee as Autobots on the run, before throwing down a bunch of other Autobot cards which he labels as Decepticons.
    • If this were a meeting with his allies he would have said they were all
      being hunted and not specified between Autobot and Decepticon.
    • If this were a meeting with people who didn't know of Cemetery Wind's real activity then he would have called all the Transformers 'Decepticons'

Chicago broadcast;
    During the group meeting a news broadcast is shown announcing that the government broke their alliance with the Transformers after Chicago. Now... while this might just be used to explain that they were no longer working with the military, it can be taken another way by saying the Autobots are no longer welcome on Earth.

Viral media;
    According to the video leaked below the Autobots were exiled after the events of Chicago - once again like the Chicago broadcast in the movie this supports the idea that the Transformers are not welcome on Earth. It also ruins the idea that KSI and Cemetery Wind are doing this in secret when the media announces Optimus's words on TV.

"Calling all Autobots, we are under targeted attack, cease all contact with humans. We have been betrayed"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ6s9hYU0C4

8. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have to rewatch the meeting again. Every time I watch the movie I pay no attention to what is said and try to look at the cards lol.

I saw the Chicago broadcast as only the military alliance being broken. Remember the president wanted a photo with Optimus and the Chief of Staff wanted a grand, ceremonial send off if the Autobots were to leave the planet.

As far as the viral marketing. None of it really makes sense and was poorly done so I'm not taking it seriously.

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Conflicting and convoluted ideas, people are confused as to what is actually going on...so many many people just weren't paying attention.

10. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Attinger says that a handful of Autobots were given asylum. So they were not exiled from Earth.