Why not have gone this route?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mgibson97, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Mgibson97

Mgibson97 Active Member

Watching 1st Transfomers today and was wondering why the analyst Maggie (think that was her name) couldn't have been Carly all along? She was a computer geek in G1. And why not part of her analyst team could have been the kid in the wheelchair (don't remember his name from G1)? Just some thoughts I had...

2. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Suppose they could have done this. and would have gave them a reason to bring her back . I persoanlly liked maggie and glenn. Wish they were back

3. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would have been cool to have Chip Chase in there, if only because the world needs more nice characters in wheelchairs.

I think I agree with bringing in more old characters/names, if only for the fan appeal.

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Wih a few simple name changes alone, TF1 could have been so much closer to being G1. It would not have been that hard to take the film we got and make it more G1- or GI Joe- homage.

5. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

because maggie & that big buy are years older than sam & mikela in the movie verse

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Because the writers don't give a shit about G1.

7. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    That'd be awesome. Movie Chip Chase would have like a spider tank for legs, and enough strength in his human arms to tear apart floppy discs, buildings, transformers and the moon. He'd also have the thickest glasses anyone has ever seen (literally a couple of metres thick) and would be buddied up with a racially insensitive interperatation of Blaster to give them a buddy movie, meeting of two opposites sort of vibe.

That would MAKE the movie for me. :D 

EDIT: Throw in a speech impediment for laughs and he's perfect!!!

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Same here. I really wish they would have been brought back. That, and Keller, too. I'd rather take Keller over that jerk Galloway any day.

9. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Ditto.
    Good characters to be sure.

10. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Didn't the Secretary of Defence's assistant say that they were recruiting tight out of high school?

I figured they would be the same age.

11. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Maggie and Glen were pretty good, and I think it would have been neat to see them rolled into Sector 7/NEST with ROTF.

12. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not really sure if you're making fun of the movies' crazy stereotypes, or didn't get what I said...but I was dead serious, actually. For one, my brother is in a wheelchair and there is nothing more annyoing than indirectly telling handicapped people that they're 'out' just because they can't run away from giant fricking robots...there's other ways to be really helpful. I think that was exactly what Chip Chase was in the old cartoon: he got to hang around with the Autobots just as good, and was helpful too.

No need to cram in political correct population ratios, but it wouldn't hurt to place such a character here and there where it would make sense (without stereotyping it..).

But I agree on the spider tank legs! How awesome is that!! :p 

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  13. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Nah, I spent my teenage years in a chair - i wouldn't make fun of them. I'm more mocking the way the movie handles stereotypes. And also Chip in G1, who was superhuman. :D 

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Yep, they should have stayed around for TF2 and TF3.. could've been written in easily and much better actors than some they kept.
    Not that much older..more college age than high school and they had jobs!!

Yep, was kinda hoping they'd bring back Keller as Sec. of Def. again, or President and have Maggie and Glenn working for him.. he asked Maggie to work for him in the novel.. could've worked for TF2 and TF3.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Yeah, when I read that part in the novel, I was so thinking that we would see these characters again in ROTF and was disappointed when they weren't.

16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

There were some things that had nothing to do with G1 that were actually very good decisions in the first movie, a couple of those being Maggie and Glenn, and the portrayal of Barricade.

I think the writers were encouraged to make nominal, limited nods to G1 only as needed to provide just enough cues to suggest the movie was G1 based. It does seem a little weird to me, though, that they didn't name the Mikaela character Carly.