Why not a Floro Dery Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dinobot Snarl, Feb 7, 2019.

1. IczerRyuga

IczerRyuga Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Galvatron has always been my fave G1 design and Decepticon leader ever since 2002. Well,if you wanna be a boss who's a little more of a dark angel,take 2 goons who are more than enough to fuel your nightmare when they come after you during a raid,amirite?

Floro sure does make some of the craziest designs. On the other hand,I find it weird that not a lot of people went back to TF when Headmasters toyline came around to bring back the Diaclone and Microman-styled aesthetics but with more amp. I'm thankful for watching the TF Headmasters anime to know that G1 is still alive,even after the movie. Then again,it's storyline leaves to be desired.

Ahhh,Galvatron..what is it about that Samurai-style helmet and mixture of medieval king garb that makes you so endearing to my eye as a kid? I dunno. ^_^ Guess his more Sengoku-era style makes it all the more cooler. It's like he came from a different show like Machine Robo or Kamen Rider which is funny considering there was a Kamen Rider show called Kamen Rider Gaim with a samurai and fruit motif: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The way to make Floro Dery's designs work is that if the Decepticons would be upgraded like that to show more of a menacing feel while the Autobots are blocky and stuff. Funny considering that most of the classic Transformer designs were toned down from Shohei Kohara's designs by Floro Dery and Season 3's Transformers/Classic movie were all by Floro Dery gone batshit insane.

The Autobots of Season 3 were blocky to an extent so Travis Knight's could work to an extent. Just giving them more of a powered feel but not TOO alien like the Decepticons and stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, that demonic looking Unicron is way more up my alley that the typical Sunbow dull surprise he had plastered on his face every time he was in robot mode. Kinda makes me wish the movie was animated by the same people behind Heavy Metal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IczerRyuga

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    'looks at movie clips of Heavy Metal' Ahhh,but then it'll be quite a different movie in tone buuuuut since Ultra Magnus and Spike swore along with a deleted scene..more like storyboard of Ultra Magnus getting ripped/quartered by the Sweeps...it would work since this movie wanted to take the next step.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

True true after Shockwave,Galvatron is my favorite Decepticon leader .When I consider Cyclonus and Scourge being creepy and they fascinate for this,I look at Galvatron design more as a very powerful warlord of a Conan barbarian setting with also dark places that could suit well for his troops .These are suggestions that their design give to me. It's beautiful seeing blocky transformers for main part but fembot and for a while,a small group of these Dery Decepticon work very well besides Mindwpe is a fave of mine and can be scary for face,alt mode and bio although confined in blocky.
    Than that Unicron in background would have been awesome and scary in the movie as a foggy,galaxy creature face.
    But Galvatron as a samurai,although I prefer him as warlord ,is one of major influences as pics you showed suggested and helmet confirms it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IczerRyuga

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    [​IMG]

It's really funny how advanced the Headmaster toyline was in terms of design and visual look they have. It really goes the distance to show that these guys REALLY belong in the same universe. I never had any problem with the Headmaster guys tbh.

Ironic considering that Transformers was animated by Toei and so does the classic movie. Kamen Rider Gaim is created and produced by Toei,said to be the best Kamen Rider series in the franchise and accoladed as such.

I suggest you check the series out since it has the same as the Transformers and its various IDW counterparts like betrayals,worlds unknown to others,monsters,designs,etc.

[​IMG] There'll be so many allusions to TF you might not know and I might not even notice.

6. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Floro Dery and he is probably one of the most influential people to this franchise that doesn't get nearly enough credit!

Also, that's a great observation... the Knightverse aesethetic DOES kind of look like Floro Dery's work come to life. That just makes me love it even more haha

• Like Like x 2
  7. IczerRyuga

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Booyah to that.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Greebtron

Greebtron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sunbow was writing, Marvel Productions was visual.

That aside, he wasn't the only one. Most of the men in this photograph are Filipino File:1986TransformersCrew.jpg - Transformers Wiki

Matter of fact, the bulk of this team along with Dery and producer Jim Duffy left Marvel after their '86 work and went to TMS for Visionaries and/or Bionic Six. Romeo Tanghal and Del Barras stayed on for Jem.

• Like Like x 2
  9. IczerRyuga

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Totally Outrageous. Is there an interview from these guys? I'd like to know. Floro Dery is one guy I don't think we don't hear of that often.

• Like Like x 2