Why no emblems on exterior of disguises?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bourne4red, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Prime Red

Prime Red Banned

I always figured they were proudly worn because they were symbols of honor/might...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because these movies have a lot of budget doesn’t mean they have infinite budget. Or time. Choices on what to do and what to leave are always made.

Next to that, one thing Bay likes to pride himself in is staying within budget - even if, yes, they probably could spend a bit more anyway - all movies made more than their budget back until The Last Knight, which totally bombed.

With all the faults I have with these movies, Drift (or ofher Transformers) not sporting a symbol in altmode is not one of them. That’s...an extremely nitpicky complaint. Personally, I don’t see why they’d have them on their altmodes anyway.

Edit: I just realized you have already made multiple threads and they’re all about movie bots and their altmode symbols. Looks like you’ve got a laserfocus on this pecular subject. I’ll back away out of the movie forum again....:confused2 

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    My real gripe is the lack of the emblem in robot mode. If they do, it’s too small to be seen. Aside from Ratchet and Bumblebee. Optimus’s emblem is so small that’s hidden within his chest plate.

Megatron, the founder and leader of the Decepticons, does not have the emblem anywhere on him at all. Hell I don’t remember any instance where the Decepticon leadership in the live action movies had the Decepticon symbol on them visibly.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Technically, the logo in the movie verse is based on the face of The Fallen, so he's litterally wearing it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bourne4red

Bourne4red Member

I agree wholeheartedly, for those of us growing up with Transformers in multiple media, it’s a damn shame!
    Why the inability to actually match the vehicles? I mean, how hard, or costly, to find a red Lamborghini Countach for Sideswipe?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Pretty costly, actually. Part of what worked for Transformers movie wise is that the vehicles were loaned if they weren't Prime or BB. The first few films were in reality fancy car commercials.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Because the emblems are smaller. . .

8. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

True. . .Yet, it most likely boils down to the contract Volkswagen (who bought Bugatti in 1998) had with Paramount-which I'm sure forbade digitally inserting faction symbols.

9. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What happenes with the R8 that pissed audi off

10. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Could that be why they didn’t grant Hasbro the R8 license for Sideways’s toys?
    upload_2019-9-8_10-32-7.jpeg
    upload_2019-9-8_10-32-34.jpeg
    upload_2019-9-8_10-32-50.jpeg

11. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    According to TFWiki, the licensing with Audi was all a mess:
    "Due to licensing issues with Audi and the writers' strike, Sideways' role was dramatically altered and he was early taken out of the script entirely. Originally, Sideways was going to escape the first wave of his Autobot pursuers by using Demolishor as a distraction. After Demolishor's death, Sideways would have been cornered and engaged by Sideswipe in robot mode. At this point, it would have been Sideways, not Demolishor, who would have dropped the Fallen's name when he threatened Sideswipe during the fight. Ultimately, the scene was never finished. Audi backed out of the licensing agreement and the scene was rewritten to focus on Demolishor. Audi later decided that they DID want their product featured, so a pre-visualization animation of Sideswipe bisecting a Lamborghini (included in the movie DVD's and Blu-ray Disc's bonus material) was reworked to feature an Audi R8 being sliced in half instead. Interestingly, some toys still referenced the deleted fight. Most of Sideways' toys feature a chainsaw weapon that he did not have in the film, and Human Alliance Sideswipe's box art depicts a diorama scene of Sideways attacking him in robot mode.

Sideways's toys and merchandise are not licensed by Audi, and are thus merely approximations of the R8. However, Sideways' appearance in the Revenge of the Fallen video games is fully licensed, so he is accurate to the car used in the film and has Audi's logos and signage."

• Like Like x 1
  12. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im confused why their pissed when they were being wishy washy

13. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Their car got cut in half at the beginning of the film by a GM product.

Seriously, it's not exactly that difficult to understand when you consider the films were partially vehicles for marketing cars.

• Like Like x 3
  14. BelnadesPistol

BelnadesPistol Banned

Where do you get this information bruh?

15. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    This very website back in 2011.

• Like Like x 1