Why no conventions in Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by GuitarPrime1986, Sep 4, 2014.

1. MrsOptimusPrime

MrsOptimusPrime Autobot

That's cool about meeting them! I chose to go to GMX because CC is so expensive, and I am also looking forward to meeting Greg Grunberg at GMX.

2. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    If no one minds I'm just going to plug this here.

March 6th though the 8th I'll be in Nashville with Erastus, a band that I'm currently doing sound for. The play date is the 7th at the Silver Dollar Saloon in Nashville. Any fellow board members that would like to do a meet and greet before, during, or after the show I'd be happy share a drink and a few stories with fellow fans.

If there is anyone that would be interested I'll have more information as the date draws closer. We may not be the best band in the Nation but we sure do have a lot of fun!

3. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have been an active member on this site since 2001 and back then, we actually had several meet ups. We arranged around peoples location and set a date a month or so ahead of time and met up in Knoxville. We set the meeting in a comic shop that had a huge back room. We stayed all day and brought figures we didn't want anymore to sell or trade. I think the most we had at the one time was about 16 people from around the eastern side of TN. Still stay in regular contact with a lot of the guys I met.
    Its not hard to set up a meeting. All that needs to be done is deciding on a place that can meet the needs of the group, time, and a date and then the good times roll. If anyone wants my help, I would be more than happy to assist in any way possible

4. Titantron

Titantron Wrecker

Ebay:
    A comic book shop sounds good to me. If you know of one that would let us use there back room, please ask them for us.

Just a thought, but a couple of years ago, we had a G.I. Joe customizing/swap meet in Nashville at one person's house that worked out really well. They set up some tables in their back yard for everyone to use and we all pitched in a few dollars for hot dogs and drinks. I'm afraid I don't have a yard to use, but if someone doesn't mind letting us use there's, that would be fun to do again!

5. MrsOptimusPrime

MrsOptimusPrime Autobot

I know a couple collectible/gaming places in Columbia and south of Spring Hill, but that's probably farther than most of you would like to drive.

6. Titantron

Titantron Wrecker

Ebay:
    Columbia and Spring Hill are too far out of the way for me. My parents live between Nashville and Clarksville, so I don't mind driving to Nashville and then going to see them, but I can't see going that far south.

7. unkrazimatik

unkrazimatik Seeker, of the truth

Anyone heading to Comic Con this weekend???

8. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That must mean we've met! I remember we had a couple - back when Charles set them up.

Also, other TN'ers - the KY guys get together sometimes, and it's always a good time. I've driven to those (although it's been a couple of years).

9. MrsOptimusPrime

MrsOptimusPrime Autobot

No, but I'm going to Geek Media Expo in Franklin on October 25. It's cheaper. Lol.

10. TFFORGIJOE

TFFORGIJOE Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to point out small but upcoming show. I will be set up there and I will have a 100's of transformers. G1 - movie. Not a ton of g1 but some. Tons of beast wars - current. If your are close swing on by. If you do not support the small shows we may never have anything that grows into something awesome.

Below is the link to a thread started on Hisstank:

Toymania toy, die cast, anime, sports show coming to murfreesboro tn november 15 2014 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe

PS. I am the owner of Dave's Toys. I am Large GI Joe & Transformers dealer that sets up at Joelanta and the Columbus Toy show.

11. MrsOptimusPrime

MrsOptimusPrime Autobot

I just might make it to that, TFFORGIJOE! Thanks for the heads up! Anyone want to meet up there?

12. Sokaris

Sokaris Decepticon

That sounds awesome! I'd love to have a big meet up in Knoxville like that! I'm a huge Transformers fan, as well as a MASSIVE fan of 3rd Party TF stuff too.
    The whole meet up and bringing things to sell or trade around with would be awesome since I have literally TONS of extras that have massed over the years that I really need to find new homes for. Mostly stuff from the last 20 years or so (Beast Wars and forward).

It'd be awesome to meet more local people. I know a few people around Knoxville & Chattanooga already and it's a huge help to be in contact with everyone to try and watch out for each other. Saves a ton of gas, rather than trying to hit all the stores over and over since everything in this state is so spread out. Not to mention I live about a 30min drive north of Knoxville myself. The few of us already try to keep info shared on local sales & discounts, 10-15-20% off coupons, Big Lots/Ross/Marshalls/etc finds, and such!

My house is more Transformer museum than house currently... haha Not to mention the other stuff I collect! Running out of space to put things, let alone places to display! :( 
    Need to do some hardcore house cleaning and sell a lot of extras of so many things I've ended up with!

Also collect a number of other things besides TFs too, like Nick TMNT, MMPR (legacy releases mostly), Star Wars Black Series 6" and some 3 3/4, Marvel Mashers, S.H. Figuarts- Gundams (mostly Gundam Wing), DBZ, Naruto, etc etc

13. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    There's plenty of general comic/toy shows in the Knoxville and Nashville areas. Can't really speak for any where else. You've got Marble City Comic Con, Fanboy Expo. and others in Knoxville. Hell, Nashville has a Wizard World show.

As for the Knoxville area, I attended the meet ups that Feral Prime mentioned. He and I actually became great friends from those meet ups. If there is enough interest, I could possibly help arrange a Transformers fan meet up at Marble City Comic Con next year. It's going to be April 25-26. I work for that show. Let me know who's interested, and we can go from there.

14. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    God, Wish there was something here In Chatt I could go too!