WHY is there a Galvatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MegaMoonMan, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Now a days it's just to keep trademarks and sell repaints

At least in Micron legends he remained Megs throughout the series and was reborn as Galvatron in Superlink.

I always thought that with the name Galvatron should come a new mold, but that's just me.

2. Hot-Shot!!!

Hot-Shot!!! Transform and rise up!

Ebay:
    Sounds like you didn't read the armada cmics....or see then ends of Armada and Energon..XD

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Nice one! :thumb 
    Would love to read a fanfic with that in it.
    Now you have me craving for a toy version.

I guess Energon Megatron is the closest we're going to get for awhile. He made a decent looking blend.

4. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pok├ęcon

I think it's sort of funny how, with the exception of Energon, the last few series have had a Megatron with some purple on him and the Galvatron repaint with a silver-ish paint scheme.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yes, and he could use the faction symbol I created for the contest here on the boards. ( can be seen in my avatar and sig )

6. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I've been toying with a TF universe in which Cybertron is controlled by the Decepticons and Predacons, led by Megatron and Scorponok respectively. The two sides are united under the rule of a single Emporer - Galvatron, who holds the Matrix of Leadership.

7. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

This is interesting, ever since the RID Megs and galvy repaints i've been working with the idea that they were the one person but their spark split in two, how I haven't figured out yet.

Then with Armada I used the idea of Unicron giving Megatron a new body, leaving Galvatron in command of the remaining Predacons on Cybertron.

Come Energon, Megs and Galvy fight and destroy each other, but Unicron combines their spark into E-Megatron, which was pretty cool in the sence that to look at E-Megs and RiID Megs, they have the same outline shape, wings and the back part when in Jet mode, only thing different being E-Megs cannons.

Thats as far as I got, the theory of C-Megs for me is just E-Prime finding the matrix and using it to format into C-Prime and E-Megs tried to kill em, but then runs to try and preserve the Spark of Unicron for himself, somewhat like the cartoon, primes used the matrix and destroys unicron but in deep space Megs is undergoing the chance from EMegs to Cmegs, in a fashion that BW prime changed to Op Op.

Whew, that was always my take of Megs and Galvatron, But as close as Emegs was to Galvatron, I'd love for the day where we see a fully G1-esque Galvatron, transformed to cannon and all.

8. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

It would be nice. But it's not going to happen.

9. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I think they just need to quit doing straight repaints, although I love Cybertron's Galvatron and might pick him up even though I was very disappointed with Megatron when I got him ($15 ha), and maybe do some slight remolds. Not a new figure all the way but something like Crumplezone to Dark Crumplezone but it even doesn't have to be that drastic.
    So far I've been torn as of late. I prefered both Armada Megs and Galvatron, Energon Megs and Cybertron Galvatron (although I liked Megs look until I saw Galavtron all that time ago).

10. Fortress_Wise

Fortress_Wise Head of Dalyst

Megatron getting turned into Galvatron is probably the equivalent to Optimus Prime & Combining friends, nowadays anyway. And he is probably repainted because
    1. the Megs has clashing colours AKA GF Megs and needs a good repaint, or 2. Hasbro and Takara are too lazy to make a brand new mold/ It costs to much money to make a brand new mold.

11. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I wish they would go back to having serve a purpose.

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't have too many complaints about the most recent Galvatron, however!

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, I think they really need to ditch the whole Megs to Galvy thing. It's getting really tired.

That idea about them being seperate and combining at the end was cool, tho. I would like to own that toy.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, G1 Megs being reformatting to G1 Galvy freaked me out as a kid. Bad enuff that G1 Megs was a tough nut but to upgrade him to Galvy was really awesome!

The move to upgrade Megs made the movie more compelling - things got worser for the Autobots!

15. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

G1- Megs + power = Galvatron
    Since then... Same difference

(only thing changed in G1 power up ment new body, after that repauinting the character/toy did the trick.