Why is Marvel better than the Transformers franchise?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Allfader93, Jun 30, 2014.

1. thatonefoo

thatonefoo Decepticon

News Credits:
    Incredible Hulk was long ago, I doubt the villains will ever return
    didn't know about the Crossbones person, Zola was erased wasn't he?

2. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

We only have Pierce saying "They already cost me Zola", and I don't take that as evidence that Zola is definitely gone, and that Zola wouldn't have had a "backup" plan in place if the bunker were to be destroyed, considering all the trouble he went to to do what he did. It's possible for them to use Zola in some capacity later, in the movies or even on AOS.

3. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    There's no difference. Both the Transformers movies and Marvel's movies are legitimately good films.

4. EWATSON96

EWATSON96 Decepticon Commander

If Optimus prime, bumblebee, hound, drift, and crosshairs each had their own film prior to the big team movie, things would be comparable to the marvel universe. But it's not that way. You can't compare apples and oranges.

5. thatonefoo

thatonefoo Decepticon

News Credits:
    Yeah that makes sense. I'm just saying with the way the went about Leader and Abomination, we never know.

6. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

I was just about to write this. Damn you :) 

Other thing is that Marvel has a longer history and more stories and characters to get inspiration from then the TF franchise.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All that.^^ That being said, I enjoy both franchises. AOE was totally AWESOME but INSANE!:D 

What? Good one.:lol 

[​IMG]

8. Rev

Rev Well-Known Member

Yes. Marvel is better.

9. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ha that was a good response. I have to rub my eyes when someone types how Marvel movies are soulless or disposable.

10. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    or.. maybe you should think about the fact that there are people out there who actually DO enjoy these movies.. and there are people out there who don't go see a movie prepared to pick every little tiny thing apart, just so they can whine and complain about it later.. there are people out there who aren't biased like people here.

movies don't make this much money by accident.. and the fourth installment of a franchise sure as hell doesn't make this much money if no one has enjoyed the previous three movies.

11. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sort of like destroying yodenheim in thor

.. or the aether from thor 2.

or the tesseract?

or loki's scepter..

or all of the bad guys from iron man 3..

oh.. and i believe the whole portal closing which mean the bad guys die/get sucked back up in both movies sucked.

yeah.. none of those movies had mcguffins. you're right.

the allspark, the matrix, the pillars, the seed.. sure they're in the movie, but i'm not sure how it makes them cookie cutter?..

as for the tony stark comparison.. he's changed in that he wants to help people instead of raking in the money.. it's not that HUGE of an arc, and it had to be done in order for him to become iron man in the first place.. . it was literally a built in arc..

sam went from a high school kid caught up in an alien war, to someone who didn't want any part of it and just wanted to be in college, to someone who then wanted to matter again.. i'll give you that it's not the greatest arc, but it is one.. and you say "whiney".. what about stark?.. he keeps his same snarky personality throughout every single film.. why wouldn't sam do the same?.. but hey, there's that bias again.

or hell.. since we're talking transformers and iron man.. lets talk about primes arc.. he comes to earth not wanting to harm humans.. then ends up killing a human at the end of aoe.. then later holds out hope for what humans can be.. i loved his character arc in AOE.. it's something we've never seen prime do, it was great.

but like i said..i believe there is a bias when it comes to transformers.. a lot of people on here are probably transformers fans first.. fans of other stuff second.. so, i believe that when someone goes to see a transformers movie they already know they're not going to like it because.. they don't like the designs.. or they don't like how a character isn't the right color.. or a character doesn't have the right personality.. or, how dare galvatron be made by humans.. etc.

but, when someone who is a transformers fan first, they don't really carry a bias in with them when they're going to see iron man, or captain america..

it just seems like all i ever read are the nit picks of the transformers movies, but marvel movies never seem to get picked apart as much.. even though their movies have problems as well.

12. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Oh Well At Least The Transformers Franchise is better then DC :cool: 

13. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Debatable. Warner Bros. can't pull themselves together, but DC already has classic movies like Superman: The Movie, Superman II, Batman, Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight. TF 2007 might be considered a classic one day, but I guarantee that the other three will become obscure.

14. Hound89

This entire thread is Debatable.
    I was Talking about DC's Very Flawed and poor Attempts to Get a Shared Universe off the ground (Green Lantern, MOS, The Increasingly poor looking Dawn of justice *snickers*)

15. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Simple: they care about the Source Materials.

You could make a better TF movie by going off of Budanski's original Tech Specs.

16. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Money wise it's not.

Hardly any of the new stuff uses any of the Marvel stories 100% it's all mish mashes of different books.

17. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Also what does it say about Michael Bay as a person and Hollywood in it's entirety that they make up an entire scene about the Romeo & Juliet laws instead of one line of dialog, "Nothing happened, OK? We're just dating!" IN A MOVIE THAT AT BEST IS A 3 HOUR TOY COMMERCIAL?

Seriously, just show us Optimus.

18. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Marvel has generic plots that are delivered perfectly.
    Transformers have great plot potentials that are delivered rather poorly.

19. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Well, it's easy to say that when there's been really only one character in the entire DC stable that WB has actually given a crap about in the past 25 years, the one whose franchise they took eight years' worth of effort, including various possible approaches/pitches/scripts, to reboot and not just crap one out in order to circumvent a lawsuit...and just as easy when DC's quote-unquote "Big Plan" as yet resembles little more than reacting to Marvel while trying to make it look like they're not reacting to Marvel.

It's easy to say one's better than the other when the other doesn't have a pot to p*** in to start with.

20. Hound89

.............are you....agreeing with me?