Why is DotM so terribad?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Orion Pax 00, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Orion Pax 00

Orion Pax 00 Legendary Hero

I started watching a new horror flick and it sucked. So I told myself Id watch the last 30 minutes of DotM. I end up watching it all for the too many-ith time. Its really really bad. I mean when Sentinel is being re activated OP pushes the matrix into him then Sentinel flips out then OP picks it up off the floor. It doesn't fall out or gets taken out it just Bayifcly ends up on the ground for OP to pick up. *And when Sam and Carly are talking to the NEST/CIA head chick after she tells Brains to get off her desk there is a blatant nip slip on Carly. I don't mind but..come on.(yes its there) BUT, I will say the Megatron in this is my favorite out of the 3. But even when we see him for the 1st time in the movie he transforms then pulls his shroud over his face just to take it off and throw it aside less than 30 seconds later. In fact the over all CG is worse than RotF. How is that? If someone can enlighten me as to why its CG/story/scene editing, are worse. I'd be greatful.

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    It obviously did fall out. There are a few off-screen moments when it could've. And is Megatron removing and putting on his good really that irritating to you? And you're the first person I've seen who thinks the CGI is worse than ROTF. It looks noticeably better than ROTF.

That all said, DOTM is not a great film, but it's the best of the trilogy and is still entertaining. I loved it, though I won't ignore it's flaws.

3. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

They improved CGI in every sequel even though TF1 had better CGI than ROTF but the CGI in DOTM had better cgi than ROTF and right now it looks like AOE is so far has the best CGI of the Bayformers so Idk why you're complaining about the cgi in dotm cause it was amazing if you ask me.

4. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say it's worse than rotf. I actually thought dark of the moon was pretty good. I would have liked for both shockwave and megatron to have done more, but overall I thought it was pretty decent. Sentinel Prime was a multidimensional villain who really pushed Optimus to his limits both physically and mentally. The CGI was awesome throughout and better than rotf imo. The entire Chicago finale was breathtaking. I enjoyed it much more than the rotf desert battle. Id also say the story was better than that of rotf, far less cheesy bits and more action.

5. OptimusJet

OptimusJet One with the Matrix

News Credits:
    It's not even that bad ffs! Sure it's not the best movie out but it was certainly the best in the trilogy in my opinion..

as for the problems you mentioned

1. The Matrix would have fallen out when Sentinel pushed Prime down.
    2. Nip Slip? I just watched the scene and struggle to see one.. (Pics please?)
    3. Megatrons shroud? You clearly analyse the f**k out of movies if this bothers you.
    3. The CGI isn't worse than ROTF.. What makes you think that??

and you said it was bad 200 times already and yet you watched it again just to hate on it more? Hmmm.. righto

6. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me, DOTM ended up as a passable apology for ROTF.

For all that was bad about it (Most of the humans, for example), it definitely made up in a lot of areas. Plus the idea of finding out your mentor has become deranged and desperate to do as Sentinel did was a nice change of pace.

I even got a little choked up at the scene where Sentinel is just laying into Optimus at the end (rips off an arm, drags him around), and OP gives that one, "please!" I felt more emotion there than in OP's death in ROTF.

Plus, they actually killed Wang...an annoying comedy relief and horrible Chonese stereotype character in a Bay film and he STAYED DEAD!!

7. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    DOTM can be called out as bad for many reasons, but to be honest I don't think any of the problems you mentioned really qualify, in my opinion!

anyway, surely a Carly nip slip would be a positive!! Much more appealing than Megan's Fox's 'almost' ring-slip in ROTF :lol 

8. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

9. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    It's not bad.

10. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

11. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

Lol your sig made me laughed so much I like it.

12. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I personally think the first movie was the better out of the trilogy but DOTM was certainly not the worse. Though, the CGI in the scene where Brains appear wasn't the best, I found the pacing to be worse too.

13. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow. you're way off.

prime doesn't put the matrix INTO sentinels chest.. he simply touches sentinels chest with it.. why wouldn't it land on the floor?.. had it magically entered sentinels chest, then you could complain. but it makes sense the way it is.

you also clearly have no idea what a nipple looks like.

the CG is better in this one than rotf.. it just is.

lastly.. i don't see how any of this makes this movie "terribad".

14. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What hurt DOTM was the pacing as someone already said and unnecessary set pieces like the building tipping and the focus on the military stuff (this is TF not GI Joe).

I checked, there's no nip slip.

15. JayEm

JayEm マキシマルだよ

I just think the OP wants to complain about something. : /

16. Orion Pax 00

The last 45 minutes DOES NOT make it a good movie. If you run DotM through rendering tools and convert it to lower than HD it has a lot of flaws. More so than RotF. HD hides a lot of sloppiness and just plain laziness by artists. With shiny speckles, blending, and mishmash crap. The nip slip is there. If you want it to be. lol I bet at least 10 fanboys analyzed that scene to investigate. Why would you even care to see if it was the truth? When an artist wants to debate this then I'll challenge my own views. The programs I use aren't cheap. But who said I paid for them. I agree the last 45 minutes are pretty cool. Besides Shockwaves antennae being angled forward he was the shining star of the movie (IMO). AND if anyone wants to get REAL about DotM the entire scene where we see the aliens ships at night starting to shut down Chicago was straight up stolen from the movie Skyline. AND a lot of the alien ship concepts stolen as well. Don't get me fueled by truth. Because you cant handle the truth. But ya, simmer down.

17. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    "When an artist wants to debate this then I'll challenge my own views"

I'm one. You're wrong on pretty much everything.

18. Orion Pax 00

besides wanting to "made ya look" its the truth

"He simply touches the matrix to sentinels chest." WTF? What movie are you watching. Slow the movie down to 25% at the point where OP is walking forward with the matrix in-hand. You're really going to say he simply touches his chest with it??? Ask Tunakaan if he believes CG artists worked harder in RotF or DotM. Workmanship shows even with dated software.

19. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Let me guess, it gets pixelated?
    Have you ever slaved over a computer for months upon months making realistic looking robots that transform? Doubt it. On top of that, wouldn't high definition expose more issues than if it was lower quality?
    :tumbleweed: 
    Good for you?
    Woah, so you're saying that an alien invasion at night looked just like another alien invasion at night? Yep, they totally stole it :rolleyes: 
    Uhhh no.

20. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Critical analysis is not a bad thing. Shame on you for using it as a dirty word.

Besides, that's a nitpick, and a nitpick is literally the exact opposite of critical analysis. A nitpick is a minor surface detail that bothers you. Film analysis is about getting at the core of what a movie's trying to do, and deciding whether it managed it's goals or not.