Why I Think Beast Wars Could Never Be A Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GuitarPrime1986, Jul 14, 2014.

1. GuitarPrime1986

GuitarPrime1986 Banned

Not trying to be an ass, but I doubt anything from Beast Wars will be in a movie anytime soon. I have respect for Beast Wars fans...but I mean, I think the general audience would look at a Beast Wars movie in a dumb way. Sure, we have had cats, birds, and even dinosaurs now...but they all had limited scenes. The vehicles, like Bumblebee, is what stands out. I think Grimlock really stood out in this movie, because he was a T-Rex, and associated with Optimus Prime. Sorry guys, but I really don't see a Beast Wars movie every coming to the big screen.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Beast Wars is too good for the movies.

3. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I don't think the general audience is going to like the look of robots turning into organic looking creatures.

4. GuitarPrime1986

GuitarPrime1986 Banned

Not really. Only because Beast Wars had a good story in the cartoon, doesn't mean the story would be the same in a movie.

5. GuitarPrime1986

GuitarPrime1986 Banned

That is exactly why I could never get into Beast Wars. Although, they could make them robot animals, like the Dinobots. Even then, I think it would be too weird. A few animal robots, is ok. All of them being animals...no...

6. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    In live-action, it would look weird in general.

7. Nope

Nope if it's not in frame it doesn't exist

News Credits:
    Beast Wars could never be a movie because it pertains to a certain level of quality that the movies lack.

8. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Just imagine the scale, it would be waaaaaay off. :lol 

9. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I believe the basic idea would work as a live-action/CGI movie, but it wouldn't work if they kept the tone/humor/character personalities (aka everything that made people love BW to begin with).

Which is a real pity- because I really want somebody else to take a crack at some of the more obscure BW/BM toys. Like, gimme a Longhorn and Jawbreaker with a decent robot mode please.

10. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Just imagine the skin, flesh, fur, feathers & scales turning inside out when they transform back & forth!

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fixing a few comments;

The Matrix - Agent Smith is a robot/virus than is much more menacing in human form.

Terminator's best scenes are where its part robot, part human.

People desire a combination of organic and technology - hence why they tend to blend the two together. Even in ROTF we had the Pretender 'Alice' and in AOE we had the Wolves.

Technorganic Transformers are coming - its only a matter of time.

That didn't stop them creating the live action movies in the first place. Just because the original has a level of quality or 'soul' put into it - doesn't prevent it from being bastardised by a director.

Scorponok would like a word with you

Doesn't even need to be that... they could be Transorganic like the Wolves in AOE - to the extent where we don't need to see lots of aspects of them rip apart. In truth they could keep the simplified design of Beast Wars and fix the issues with the over-complicated Transformations that lack any evidence of the alt-modes in the movies.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I have zero interest in Beast Wars. I think it's incredibly dumb. Absolutely would not see a movie with it. I didn't like the "pretender" concept and I didn't like the "wolf" concept. techno-organic beings are something that simply don't work, in my opinion.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm inclined to agree with the OP, if only because I don't think you'll ever get the same kind of Lightning in a Bottle as you did with that cast, and those writers, in that show, at that time. Even if you tried to put all the elements back together, I doubt it would live up to expectations. Especially in trying to turn it into a general audience hollywood summer blockbuster film.

14. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I doubt the GA would be into the whole idea of Transformers turning into animals. I already know a whole bunch of people who thought the DINOBOTS were silly and unessecary additions to the franchise. Think of how a movie where ONLY Transformers with animal alt. modes are present. I wouldn't watch it either.

15. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    LOL, G1 is better than the movies, now BW is better than the movies.... -_-*

Is it a case of storyline or mode of transports....

Please note in your posts "MY opinion" to avoid WWIII...

16. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    you have absolutely no way to back that statement up.

17. Deathpool

Deathpool EREDEAN WINCHAEGER

News Credits:
    No. Beast Wars would not work at all. I never really liked Alice... thought she was creepy as fuck. Now just take Alice and replace the college girl alt mode with a CGI ape. Then make the entire cast like that. no

18. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    This is my problem with some people too.Do not share your opinion as a universal fact

19. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

The problem that I see with Beast Wars is the story. The entire purpose of the original BW story is that they're trapped in the past where people are still their earliest stages of evolution. And the TF movies are tent-poled by human actors, so how do we reconcile that?

Maybe a movie that takes place in the Amazon, but there is still technology and access to it that the transformers could use to make non-beast form bodies.

Now I think a series of animated movies direct to home might definitely work, but live action...I dunno...maybe in a Planted of the Apes setting.

Everything we write is our opinion. If you can't mentally put a IMO before what you read, that's not our problem, it's yours.

20. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    A Beast Wars movie wouldn't really have any human factor or even could it...if it was made in more modern times to include humans then most of the Predacons would stick out like sore thumbs...come to think of it what time period was it that all those beast forms were available to scan as well as the caveman type humans that were on the show with them...I wouldn't mind seeing a BW movie but just confused on how it'd work...