Why I Demand a Sequel to Predacons Rising MAJOR SPOILERS (and an apology to Hasbro)

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by ISleepNow, Sep 15, 2013.

1. ISleepNow

ISleepNow Detrimental Robot

With apologies to Hasbro I am posting this thread to discuss the possibility of further sequels to be based on the current movie Predacons Rising to be aired on the Hub Network in three weeks. Although the movie does resolve certain plot points from the series Transformers Prime it leaves other important ones open:

The Predacons have Risen. What does this mean for the future of Cybertronian society? What are Predakings ambitions? Will he attempt to co-exist with the other Cybertronians or will he attempt to form a dominant, Predacon-led society? Shockwave is still there, the cloning lab is still there. The setup is obvious.

Megatron has turned, but how far? The exorcising of Unicron from his spark has forced Megatron to reject at least part of the evil that motivated his fall, but how much? How far has he been turned and in which direction? He doesn't want to rule a destroyed Cybertron and won't conquer it by destructive means just to rule a wasteland but he still has ambitions for guiding its future that motivated his transition into the political arena and is still as flawed as everyone else. Will he once again lead the cause for a just future society on Cybertron.

The Age of Primes has come to an end. What society will they now form and who will lead? Will they form a high council and attempt to recreate The Golden Age? If so, what about the inequalities that existed then? Will Megatron need to step forward and lead a second reform?

Airachnid and her horde of infected Insecti-zombies might still be out there. If she or one of them were to infect Primus then all would be lost.

Unicron can still return at any time. Dark Energon still exists and so does his link to it. Anyone infected with it could still succumb tohis influence. That would include presumably Airachnid or even the corpse of CYLAS/Breakdown.

And what the heck about Soundwave? He's just too important to just leave stranded in The Phantom Zone, c'mon Hasbro..

Most Important Reason for a Sequel: Keep That !%!@#$!@ Voice Cast Together! I want all of them back again. You have your 65 episode TV series, Fine! There is no reason you couldn't transitionb this to a series of TV movies. In short, this movie provides a premise worth continuing.

2. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    don't forget about the Dinobots and the handful of survivors they were guarding. those guys were still eking out an existance on dead cybertron before, and I'd love to see a Grimlock/Predaking throwdown

3. King Kaiser

King Kaiser BEARS!!!!

This

4. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    ehh screw it dinobots probably died out for some unknown reason

that's the excuse i'll make if they and every other cybertronian were reformatted on new cybertron (besides the main cast)

5. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the Beast Hunters comic will come up with some reason to have them off planet while all this is going down.

6. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Was Soundwave really ever that important?

7. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    nice avatar

8. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Imagine the rage if Soundwave showed up and saved the day by bridging the Terrorcons into empty space.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That would have been a brilliant deus ex machina.

Yeah I honestly would like to see a sequel series following those ideas. Honestly it really feels like you can do anything with this set up.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Agreed. We could have a show focused on Bumblebee's learning to be leader like in the RID comics from IDW,or one of the members of Prime like Magnus or Arcee leading their own team facing new factions that threaten them,

11. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Right in the last five minutes, with no prior foreshadowing.

That would be the most epic trolling ever, by both the writers and Soundwave.

12. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Then he just walks away like nothing happened

If only!

13. Ryan101

Ryan101 That Dude

News Credits:
    This series could go on forever, it has the perfect cast of characters and so many plot points still have to be addressed. I just don't want this series to end! AHHHH! Lol

14. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    Plus, there's the whole plot of Unit:E trying to defend the Earth without full-time Autobots. Maybe they could send both Knock Out and Ratchet to Earth? Both love the planet. Jack, Apex Miko and Raf are a good team that could take down Soundwave, but we could always explore how Unit: E tries to protect the Earth from rogue Decepticons. Plus there's Fowler and June's little romance thing, and Jack getting accustomed to it.

If Unicron's sealing stopped the Terrorcon Predacons, would it also have stopped Airachnid and the Insecticons? I mean, just one turned Insecticon could easily infect the whole group of them, so they're all Terrorcons before long. Maybe they did all die off.

Breakdown and Bulkhead's rivalry is yet to be explained, as is why the Nemesis wanted to collect the relics, unless it was being influenced by Unicron's will to eventually revive Cybertron so he could destroy Primus (something I had predicted a while back).

I guess no series ever really ties everything up (though Avatar came close) with its' series finale. But that's alright in the end. More story to tell, I guess.

15. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

I want Raf to become Cobra commander :) 

16. ISleepNow

ISleepNow Detrimental Robot

"Soundwave superior, Terrorcons inferior!" :puke2: 

17. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

I loved this shot.

[​IMG]

Predaking kind of owns the show with his one-liners.

18. beastal

beastal Well-Known Member

If they did, we would've seen.

- Abominus
    Hun-Grrr
    Twinstrike
    Rippersnapper
    Blight
    Windrazor
    - Lazerback
    - Ripclaw

19. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Don't try. That's Hasbro's 'aligned continuity', which isn't very aligned.

So the loose ends are:

Predaking's force
    Magnus' status
    Soundwave
    Shockwave
    Zombie Insecticons

I doubt they'll get touched upon anytime soon.

20. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Magnus is shown at the end with the others, hes fine.