Why ERECTOR Should Be In The TF Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Kickback, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

All this would be worth it if Erector got a figure from all of this.

2. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want a third-party company to make an erector head for 2007 movie Mudflap. Also we need reprolabels. Stat.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok then, it's no problem! I am sorry if my rhetorical style offends or angers. I try to avoid attacking the person, rather than the argument, but I am naturally a bit brusque.

I certainly in no way condone outright flaming directed at you. I doubt anyone listens to me, but in case people do...voice your opinion on Erector, don't seek to hurt or intimidate. I can't even fathom a Hall-of-Fame-related circumstance in which that would be defensible.

As I said before, if you seriously want discussion about the candidate, pro and con, moved out of campaign threads I'll be happy to oblige. However, there's no other natural forum for such a discussion as yet. There is also discussion in other campaign threads. I think that discussion of one candidate in its campaign thread is appropriate; what I was upset about several days ago was trying to turn a campaign thread for one candidate into a cheerleading thread for ANOTHER candidate.

It may help to look at this another way. A few days ago, Erector was pretty much a nobody. Now, EVERYONE'S got an opinion on him, and people are writing full-blown essays pro or con. You should be proud of that!

The Erector phenomenon is being discussed because it's the most interesting thing to happen in this board's particular HoF nomination vote.

4. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    My final $0.02 in the manner.

The entire campaign for Erector, and watching the voting process unfold, has been a lot of fun. Probably the most fun I've had on these forums in years, ever since the first Transformers movie came out and a whole new group of younger fans became involved in the community. I've laughed nearly to the point of tears on many occassions from this, and I can't wait for the next phase to unfold at BotCon this year ;)  That being said...

Wow. Just wow. In the last week, I've seen people I thought were great posters that I respected devolve down to the level of a spewing, foaming animal, throwing literal threats at people over this campaign. I've seen people quit the fandom FOREVER because of a "Hall of Fame" vote and nomination process. And that was before the voting even STARTED ... it was still the nomination process! I've had people insult me, call me rather interesting names, and tell me that I'm a disgrace to this entire community for not only supporting this, but for ALLOWING it, because obviously I'm not a true fan for letting this happen. They say I've ruined TFW2005, and that no one will ever take TFW2005 seriously again.

To those of you forcefully upset, for those of you getting emotionally involved in this whole thing ... DISCONNECT. Seriously. Go outside, spend time with friends, go read a book, remember that this is SUPPOSED TO BE FUN, and that IT'S JUST SOMETHING TO FILL UP TIME IN BOTCON'S SCHEDULE/REPLACE "FANSITE" AWARDS. Nothing substantial will EVER come of these votes. All these characters already have numerous toys and will continue to have numerous toys, because they're "staple" characters. If the character you REALLY REALLY WANT to get in doesn't get in this year, if it's on the short-list of "Why isn't the character in yet?" list (Grimlock/Shockwave/Jazz/Rodimus/Waspinator) it will probably be auto-inducted next year, with the purposely "omg that guy should have gone!" character left out to really give Hasbro comfort of mind that the obvious selection they left off will be thrown in by the fans.

For those thinking, "OMG ERECTOR IS GOING TO GET IN AND RUIN EVERYTHING!" ... there's still another vote on Transformers.com that will take all the fansite polling and create the final list. And you know what?

Grimlock. Shockwave. Waspinator. And probably Jazz.

There you go. There's your final vote selection.

This is about fun. It should always be about fun. If you took part in all of this and didn't have a "laugh out loud" chuckle at the stuff you've read, or the pictures you've seen, then you're taking things WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. This isn't an "internet meme", there isn't any special secret movement to overthrow the security of "fan interaction" with Hasbro (and keep in mind, this isn't Hasbro we're dealing with, it's Hunter Public Relations, the firm Hasbro hired to deal with us, unless it's Hasbro lawyers, they like to talk to you personally lol).

So stop being all butt hurt because of Erector. And learn to laugh. And smile. And to turn off your computer and go outside and punch a puppy or something. This is a hobby. Something we do for fun. When it stops being fun, when you start getting seriously emotionally invested in it, or you stop making money (hehe), then it's time to call it quits.

Thanks.

5. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Classic.:lolol 

6. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Trust me, I love that the character I am backing has stirred so much discussion. I am dismayed that it has driven some fans from these boards and some from the fandom. It is supposed to be fun. I am having a ton of fun with this whole HoF thing and I'm not even going to be able to make it to BotCon. Sadly, not everyone can say the same thing about having fun with it though.

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    At the end of the day, if we all disagree with each other or not, I've really gotten to know a few of you guys and have great respect for y'all. And all of it came from a little Erector.

I love TFW.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While I still think the majority of the Ejector support is BS, and all about a joke, I have to admit, that if all of this lead to a cool new toy of a very obscure character, it would make it all worth it for me too.

9. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I concur.

10. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    QFT.

It's been great fun to watch this debate go back and forth the last couple of days.

11. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Applause and cheers to what Kickback wrote (and jeers to tantrum-throwers...yeah, let's see how long you "abandon the fandom," crybabies). One thing I'm unsure of, however: in what way is the Erector, er, growth, not consistent with the phenomenon of an Internet meme?

12. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Agreed!

13. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

You just can't let it go at all :lol  I applaud you for sticking to your guns though, with your consistent hounding, you really put in the effort!

Just promise me, when the main vote rolls up on the Transformers.com site and Erector happens to be there, make sure you use the same fervor in accosting Hasbro as you gave us! it's only fair now!

14. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Internet meme's start somewhere, explode, and can be found in a matter of days ALL OVER the place.

The Erector campaign has stayed almost 100% within TFW2005 forums. I don't see a push for Erector on any other Transformers site, nor do I see it popping up in discussion at 4Chan, the home of Internet meme's.

If anything, it may have blossomed in to a TFW2005 meme, right up there with "He tell me".

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just curious, has anyone taking the time and counted all the votes up from other sites? At this point I think we know roughly what the top vote getters are and I'm assuming Erector made it into the finals.

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Quick! To 4chan! The world must be informed!

17. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Yeah, i'll be right behind ya.. yeah. right. no. :lol 

18. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, sure, I agree with that! TFW2005 is ON the Internet, but the meme is pretty much restricted to this board. Thanks for the clarification. :) 

:( 

I don't mean for anyone to feel "hounded." I just don't roll over and admit defeat simply due to the number of people who disagree with me.

I am quirky in that I find it very therapeutic to have passionate arguments over nothing of real consequence. That's why this site is my intellectual crack cocaine.

What are you talking about? I would want and expect Hasbro to post the top five nominees based on the methodology that they claimed they would use prior to the commencement of fan nominations. If they did anything else, it would be dishonest.

If Erector qualifies, he should be included. In fact, if using Hasbro's pre-announced standards he DID qualify, and yet was NOT included, I would be MORE likely to send an e-mail to them asking wtf was going on.

However, since Hasbro's methodology HEAVILY weights websites over individual votes*, Erector is probably not going to qualify. For why this is so, check out recent posts in the voting thread.

You seem to bear a grudge against me because you have failed to convince me that a robot that I've never heard of before deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. This is regrettable. I have not claimed that votes for Erector are illegitimate as you seem to imply. I only find the various elucidated lines of reasoning behind them to be uncompelling.

* Actually, it's more like individual votes don't matter at all except in the context of deciding the top five and their order at each website.

19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

20. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

We're losing guys! C'MON!!!!!