Why does this keep happening?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IRONHIDE4401, May 10, 2018.

1. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still there, listed as "coming in June"

2. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, or not really, here in Canada, he is all over the place. Even his Studio version. He runs around 40 CDN, but there was a sale not too long ago dropping him to 30.

Prices overall are nutty. Leader Blackout is 70 CDN...I have only seen two in the wild. Yet we still have loads of Leader Overlord at most TRUs...along with a good amount of Titans Return. Trypticon has been on 160 clearance for weeks now.

3. Eclisses

Eclisses Communication is a funny thing...

Uhhhh, what?! o_O  .Not sure where you folks get leaders these days for forty bucks. Last time I checked. They were 50 to 55. Expect that price to climb within next year

4. Eclisses

I should re iterate. Within the states. Maybe cos I'm in California. I've never seen a leader under 50 even at Wal Mart after tax. Add gas and wear and tear on vehicle. Your easily fifty to fifty five.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IRONHIDE4401

IRONHIDE4401 Active Member

I've seen some Leaders on Amazon for around $40. Last year, I saw Skywarp for like $30.

6. Eclisses

Well, obviously. It's amazon. They can break the rules with their giant might. I'm primarily talking normal, everyday retail. Brick n mortar. That kind of pricing just doesn't happen here sadly. So, unless your rich. Your strictly buying everything etail. Like I do. And yea, I buy from Amazon here and there. Funny thing bout amazon. They release ridiculously high. Then slowly come down. Then jump back and sky rocket and tend to stay that way. So it can actually be tricky. You jus gotta get the timing right with Amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eclisses

Speaking of leader Skywarp. I think he's being blown out at thirty bucks on bbts currently.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IRONHIDE4401

EXACTLY! I hate this. It's why I miss some. The price starts off insanely high, then comes down for a very short period, then goes back up again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. IRONHIDE4401

Oh, really? Cool.

10. Eclisses

Honestly, these days I tend to avoid amazon. Yea, at times, smoking deals. Tho, I tend to just frustrate myself watching their market. Take SS Grimlock for example. 65 bucks?!?! Wtf?! You can right now get it for 54.99 at bbts. Is that cheap? Eh, maybe not. Cheaper than amazon currently. Yes

• Like Like x 1
  11. IRONHIDE4401

The funny thing is that, it seems like the more popular Transformers get their proces raised too much. Take Power of the Primes Grimlock for example; $44 for him but all of the other available Dinobots haven't had much of a price change.

12. Eclisses

My guess is, the dealers are looking at it like this. SS Grimlock. Premium figure for Hasbro retail/etail. And it IS beautiful. While all the others don't quite have his presence. Speaking only in terms of Hasbro figs. Plus, Hasbro did recently announce a price increase. Could be that SS is being hit for Premium Hasbro grade AND the price increase. Just my opinion. Which brings me to another topic. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed 3p MP Esq figures being priced right around takara MP's? Take badcube, announced a version of sideswipe and red alert. Can't remember there names. Both 90 a piece. Odd, a company much smaller than Takara and yet they can now compete with the big guys in terms of marketing price point and structure. I sadly see Takara being bought out in next few years or sooner buy Hasbro. If hasbro doesn't do something soon to change their marketing structure. I see bad weather for them in the future. While 3p companies will continue to grow. KO's will also have a hard time if Takara and Hasbro vanish one day. Tho, they could just knock off 3p stuff. It's a crazy dog eat world rnow in the Transformers collecting pop culture.

• Like Like x 1
  13. IRONHIDE4401

Yeah, Hasbro should change their marketing structure. I mean, how long are people going to stick with the 'only available for a short period of time' thing.

14. Eclisses

Eh, your not entirely wrong. However one could debate, that's what makes em such great collectables. ...kinda like Pokemon right? Gotta catch em all!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. IRONHIDE4401

Never thought of it that way. That's a good way to look at it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my kingdom for a Hun-grrrr

• Like Like x 2
  17. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Yah, I wanted to chime in with the “Wave 2 what?”

The only things in Wave 2 I’ve seen at retail we’re three of Deluxe figures, and Roddy Unicronny. And that was once. BOY, do I regret not grabbing Sludge.

18. Eclisses

Same here actually. I've only seen elita 1 and hun gurr once. And I did grab them both. 24.95 eat at Wal Mart. Rodimus unicronus once. 54.95. did not grab cos I have MMC R 27 SG Calidus ghost shadow. So I figured. Eh, let someone else have em, I got my shattered Glass / unicronus Esq figure. Still, distribution seems very lacking in terms of getting to on the shelves these days. Quite ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Eclisses

Ugh, I hate keyboards made for childrens fingers.. >_>

• Like Like x 2
  20. IRONHIDE4401

Speaking of distribution, last spring, I wanted to get TLK Crosshairs in person but they never had him for sale at any local stores.