Why does Mp-25 get so much hate?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The Smirker, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    Three things I dislike about him:

1 The tabbing that comes apart (which everyone already mentioned)

2 His forearms are far too long. More so than MP10. Because of that, there are only a few poses he looks good in - displaying him becomes quite a chore. I almost always have to have him holding a gun in a "secret agent" pose.

3 Head is overly visible in car mode due to white head and totally clear window.

Hollowness doesn't bother me at all. Lambor was hollow from the side. Even side on he looks fine.

Also, he's a little odd as he doesn't quite fit with the Hasui bots and doesn't quite fit with the new sunbow direction either.

He's not bad by any stretch, just my second least favourite MP. Hot Rod V2 is my least favourite.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  2. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Huh. I really like the mold a lot. Admittedly I don't own Tracks, but I do have Roadrage. I have absolutely no issues with tabbing, the 'hollow' torso doesn't bother me and everything feels solid. Heck, I don't like my G2 Sideswipe as much as Roadrage.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I quite like him. He's not as solid feeling to me as Wheeljack or the Lambos, but not as fragile as the first Rodimus either. He's purdy, fits well with the line... I'm happy enough with him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    The singular biggest problem with Road Rage, and by extension Tracks and Loud Pedal, is the lousy ratchets in the elbows and knees. The knees especially have off-by-one slippage so alot of them can't have the left and right leg in the same position with no flopping around. If you can't put a real ratchet in a joint, don't bother with a half-assed facsimile.

5. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish he was a touch larger as his vehicle mode scale seems off next to the other cars. Other than that I'm fine with it.

6. DesertDog

DesertDog is a Limited Edition redeco.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    I wish that the Vette figures had more range of articulation in their knees and elbows, and I would have liked a face swap for Tracks but they're my favourite regular size Car-Bots. I'd cheerfully transform all three before I even touched one of the Datsuns.

As far as I'm concerned every Masterpiece figure has a design quirk or two that keeps it from being perfect. None of MP-25's quirks are any worse to me than any other MP figure's, so I'm not wasting effort worrying about every little thing. Life's too short for that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm curious as well

8. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I don't hate Tracks, but he isn't on my favorites list either. I think his Vette mode stands up to Track's own standard of looking pretty. The only issue I have with this mode is that those wings are still way too noticeable, tucked undercarriage.
    When trying to transform his legs out of his hood, I had to literally pry them out of their tabs. This was on both Track and Road Rage. I didn't even bother trying to transform Loud Pedal.
    Finally, there's the gaping hole between his back and backpack.

He's tied with Exhaust as being the biggest pain in the aft to transform.

9. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Although I consider Tracks my worst of the collection, I don't hate it. It just has so many things about it that don't reflect the price point and expectation of a Masterpiece

10. cutestprincess

cutestprincess Well-Known Member

Same here, though in my case Road Rage was my FIRST masterpiece. I was nervous initially because I had heard people talking smack about the mold, but was given the advice that since I didn't own any other masterpieces, I had no bar to judge her against and that she would this be a good first masterpiece.
    I ended up really liking her, and now I've added a few more masterpiece figs to my collection. I still think she's a great figure and I'm glad I didn't let the negative buzz about this mold prevent me from picking her up.

11. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

"Hate" is the wrong word you're using.

"Most disappointed" is the proper term to use.

Personally, he's 90% ok with me.

The only thing that really disappoints me was the non-flushed hood in alt-mode.

There are tricks and stuff to sorta make the hood flushed, but most of the time, the front gap shows and adds to the aesthetic fail.

12. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Liked him so much I bought two (the first time I ever did this with a Masterpiece), and then picked up Road Rage to top it all off.

I'm very forgiving of his 'faults' considering he has three different modes to pull off, and they all look great (gappy torso, notwithstanding).

13. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do too. I transformed him a few times and Though the transformation is a but awkward he is still pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I feel like my version of Tracks doesn't have most of the problems mentioned here. He tabs together just fine and isn't floppy at all. The only tabs that dont stay together really well are the ones that plug the chest into his shoulder area.

Honestly, the only time I can tell his chest is hollow is when I look at him from behind.

Is there stuff I would improve? Sure. I'd give him a darker tint on his windows and make it so his head tabs into something instead of having the freedom to lean back, but otherwise, I like him a lot.

15. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Hard to complain paying $30 for a ko with better QC and rubber tires lol

• Like Like x 3
  16. MrAngry

MrAngry Proud to be Geek!

Count me in with your group, too. I love Tracks! Also bought RR, she lives in my son's collection.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Keldroc

Keldroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Tracks, but I don't love him, which makes him a bit of an anomaly in my MP collection. He and Hot Rod V2, while good, weren't great, and they easily could have been great. It's not that Tracks is a bad mold, I just think they could have done better. Honestly there's a whole stretch of MPs I feel that way about. Tracks, Hot Rod V2, Ironhide & Ratchet all had weird little design choices that lessen them that don't have to be that way. Thankfully Shockwave and Inferno are excellent and have somewhat renewed my faith in the line.

18. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I wish I'd have waited for the KO

• Like Like x 1
  19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I think he slots in nicely with the Sunbow aesthetics...his toy black bits are even cartoon grey with his Autobrand being in a screen accurate yellow square.

• Like Like x 1
  20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Reading the feedback thread should answer your question.

For me it was a hollow figure that didn't tab together worth a crap.

Between him and Ironhide I'm done with MP's

• Like Like x 2