Why do you like the Wreckers + Your favourite crew?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by batfan007, Oct 7, 2016.

1. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For Wreckers fans, why do you like the Wreckers, which version / continuity do you like best, and who is your dream crew?

[The top three pics are from published IDW and Marvel comics, the bottom is a pin up by Damian S Simankowicz]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  2. gregles

gregles quintesson

IDW wreckers score an easy win for me and that is purely because of the brilliant last stand of the wreckers comic and whirls very wrecker contribution to MTMTE. Many also love the sort of sequel sins of the wreckers too and it does add plenty of world building to Idw wreckers but for me though clearly having obvious merit I found that volume a bit of a let down with too much info dumping and uneven pacing (sorry)

Favourite wrecker is easily whirl an Autobot so badass he started the Autobot/Decepticon War twice and yet somehow also still wins our sympathy in spite of our better morals. He has proven an inspirational life coach steering trailbreaker/Trailcutter towards greatness in encouraging him to take risky acts of heroism (erm wait?)

Can't think of any other iterations of the wreckers that have done anything particularly memorable. Wait a minute transformers prime had wreckers too, nah they lose hard.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Okay I can answer that, I don't know much about the Wreckers except reading about them in Marvel UK's Target 2006 and I guess they are okay.

I kind of like the idea of a subgroup within the Autobot military that doesn't play to the law/the rules. A bunch of guerrilla warriors.

My ideal line up would be (and this is just based on the fiction I'm writing)...
    Impactor
    Ultra Magnus
    Springer
    Sandstorm
    Broadside
    Topspin
    Twin Twist
    Roadbuster
    Whirl
    Leadfoot
    Rack 'n' Ruin
    Arcee
    Rotorstorm

The reason I'd have so many is because I can see a lot of them like the Jumpstarters, Impactor, Roadbuster, & Rotorstorm dying in combat as they are known to due so their roster is always rotating. And Ultra Magnus I can see leaving the Wreckers like he did in Target 2006.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I like how Furman basically took a bunch of characters Busianski hadnt used and built them into the Transformers version of the A-team.
    And its that idea wich will always make theoriginal line up something special, but it also makes me love all other iterations for keeping that flame alive by adding other underused characters to the roster and making them shine in wacky, awesome, gruesome, gutwrenching adventures.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I like the Marvel UK line-up. However, I prefer characters to have toys. So I've replaced Rack n Ruin with Artfire and Ricochet / Stepper. The reason being that during the story Wrecking Havoc, Artfire and Ricochet would grab Fracas and Nightstick and proclaim themselves Targetmasters. Only for Fracas and Nightstick to wrestle away from the Autobots and return to their Decepticon partners.

Emirate Xaaron is replaced by Cybertron Safeguard In these colors. And The Last Autobot is replaced by Vector Prime. Emirate Xaaron dying in the Marvel comics is the end of Safeguard's life while The Last Autobot rising at the end of the Marvel comics is the origin of Vector Prime's life.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    My favorite Wrecker is Roadbuster. I love everything about Roadbuster, from his design to his Generations figures (yes, the FOC one too) to his portrayal in the IDW comics. LSOTW and SOTW were both great as well but for different reasons (I may be one of the few people who like Sins more than Last). Other than that, basically what Windsweeper II said about Furman taking a bunch of nobodies and turning them into a group of badass fighters.

• Like Like x 2
  7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Moving to correct forum.. TF Comics! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    My favourites are Springer, Impactor, Whirl, Roadbuster, Verity, and Ironfist. But all of them are pretty great.

• Like Like x 1
  9. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the greatest strength of the Wreckers is that they feature obscure Autobots. That was what they were originally created for. The 2 deluxe Autobots and the Jumpstarters, four characters who weren't going to be featured in either the cartoon or the US comic, were put on a team led by a made-up character (so he could die without Hasbro having any issue) and made out to be some of the Autobots biggest badasses. LSOTW did the same with the new recruits.

It's why, outside of the triple changers (beacuse tradition, mainly), I don't like having well known characters as regular members of the team. I don't really consider Kup, Perceptor, Magnus, or Arcee as "real" Wreckers (though Kup can definitely be considered honorary because of his relationship with Springer).

• Like Like x 2
  10. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:

I liked that first/last Autobot character, he was so simple to almost be like the steam powered Transformers in that IDW mini-series Hearts of Steel.
    I'd like a modern toy based on that art. Seems like a good custom too, I wonder if anyone has done one (I have not seen any).

[​IMG]

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yes. Ultra Magnus should only be affiliated with the team but not actually part of the team. Perceptor and Arcee should stay clear of being Wreckers, although I don't mind Kup being affiliated with them either like Ultra Magnus. I don't think Leadfoot belongs with them either. I get that he was only a member of the Wreckers to homage the movies but all G2 Leadfoot and Movie Leadfoot share is a name.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  12. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Magnus definitely has an affiliation with them, whether it's because they're supposed to fight together (Target:2006) or to be their chauffeur/connection to higher authority (Prowl).