Why do we have to wait another 3 years??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transformervic1, Oct 23, 2014.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Plus having characters with personalities, unlike in DOTM. I can understand not liking AOE but I don't see how you could want the old cast to replace the new one.

2. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    If they did follow through with the two year hiatus again, then eventually, TF6 would run into The Avengers 3 in 2018. We all know who would make more money, honestly, and that seems to be what Paramount values most.

3. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    The original cast was cooler. Sideswipe, ratchet, wreckers, etc. Prime didn't have an salt mode soly to appease geewunners.

I'm so sick of hearing that the don't have personality.

4. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Uh, because they don't, one or two lines do not constitute personality

5. GreednGluttony

Especially "damn I'm good"

6. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    So what? There's no time to give an info dump when your fighting a war!

7. GreednGluttony

Did you just proof my point? My god......

8. GreednGluttony

Every other tf series they are at war, yet still have time for something called depth, and charater growth, a chance to really get in the characters heads

9. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    Probably the space between films is(if) Bay decides to return or not, and they have to get a replacement. At this point its not about money,(he's made plenty at this point) if he did decide to. I think something creatively would have to churn his butter. Plus he wants to do a documentary about stopping elephant poaching, since he's a big animal lover.

I think the the human cast could be whittled down. The daughter and boyfriend need to go. They to me didn't really bring much to the show. Maybe just for connective tissue bring back Epps or Simmons in some capacity. Plus it wasn't very humorous of a film to the others.

Marvel's deal with Disney require them to make at least two tent pole films a year. So until they start taking a complete bomb at the box office they're not going anywhere. Plus they can green light their own movies anytime they want to versus the TF guys have more channels to go through. So couple those reasons and the DC films looming on the horizon its becoming a very packed release windows for these sort of films. More competition.

When TF1 came out it didn't really have much way of action scifi competition. Fast forward seven years later and a buttload of Marvel movies and misc DC ones and all these types of films begin to wear on folks and start looking all the same to the average movie goer.

Me personally I'm sick of Marvel films to a point too. Xmen: days of future past, Cap America, and Gaurdians of the galaxy was some of the better ones in recent times. Everything else is good for a once or twice viewing. Each one just a set up to the next one. Edit: Xmen is not made by Marvel Studios. 20th fox

Lest not forget Star Wars is coming too, so TF needs to up its game and start making itself stand out more.

Going into space wouldn't kill them to dip the toes in other waters. I don't see it happening, but you never know.

10. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    And spend more of the movie on character back story? No thanks.

11. GreednGluttony

Rather have that then mindless explosions, when I see a movie I like to think, and at the very least id like them to actually give me time to care about the characters

12. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    We already only get a few minutes of fight in the movies, most of it gos to character moments.

Give personality details in the prequel comics and books. (I like the books better than the movies.)

13. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

:lolol They obviously want to make it FIVE hours.
    Also, I refer you to my signature.

14. GreednGluttony

What the point of watching a movie if you need research to like the characters? ( I swear these movies are the cinematic equivalent of jingleling keys in your face)

15. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    What's the point of a movie if you have to remember every factoid of a character? Movies are for you to relax your brain.

16. GreednGluttony

Wow, just........wow.....

17. soundwaverulls

Um, to give a response with more... let's say meaning, a film should tell a story and in a story, you should care about the characters.

18. GreednGluttony

Said and done buddy, check my previous posts, more to that point, can any of you tell me why you like a certain movie character other than they are "badass"?

19. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    I don't watch many movies, I read.

20. soundwaverulls

Er.... Well, I don't really like them but they are there in AOE. Bumblebee has insecurity issues and Crosshairs is kind of an ass. I probably would've loved him if his trench coat hadn't misled me into expecting a bad ass.

The only film to really succeed at making me like characters for any reason other than them being bad asses is DOTM with Laserbeak and Sentinel Prime. Beak is hilariously and creepily sadistic and Sentinel is willing to do what it takes to save his race. The problem is, they're the only two main characters with personality in DOTM.