Why do we have to wait another 3 years??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transformervic1, Oct 23, 2014.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I know it was a rumor that they were supposedly shooting these movies "back to back" now, but now supposedly they say no new Tf movie til 2017?? I don't get why they can't go back to having it every 2 years.

2. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Because making movies costs money and time?

3. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    There are rumors for 2016. I think 'till 2017 it's bummer.

4. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Marvel says hi though. Plus these movies already make tons.

5. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    So they have time to make a good, hq movie. If they pump them out every year, the general audience will get "transformered out". The same fate happened to cod, and seems to be the direction of halo now.

6. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro also probably want to give a decent amount of breathing space for the other series/toy lines between the movies too.

7. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me the fun starts when shooting/production starts because that's when we get news everyday, new characters, speculation, trailers and all that good stuff.

It sucks to go a year without Bayformers but at least I've got Age of Ultron, Jurassic World, Arkham Knight, the NFL, and the NBA to keep me busy.

8. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Sick of Marvel.They make at least a movie every year.We have to wait 3 years for one movie

9. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    And that's what I'm aggrivated over. I mean, I don't want a tf movie every year but I wish it could be every 2 years like the gap between ROTF and DOTM. AOE gets a pass cuz its a half reboot. I just hope we get tf5 in 2016.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Part of it is to build demand. You want to give the viewer long enough to start missing something so that when the next film is released people will be excited just to have a new one. I know Transformers fans would want a new film about every 3 months but the general movie ticket buyer tends to work on the scale of years.

That extra year also give Paramount more time to plan what to do next. It's a really hard needle to thread this time because on one hand they really need to pick up those domestic numbers, but on the other hand they don't want to do something that might lose them those international numbers.

It's also possible that looking at the release slots for that year and the films Paramount wants to develop that there wasn't the sort of window Paramount was shooting for that summer. It kind of seems like we have been getting flooded with big summer films so maybe 2017 was looking like weaker competition to bump up the numbers. Or perhaps after a flood of superhero movies perhaps Paramount is thinking they will burn out a bit and 2017 will be a good year for films that aren't a super hero film.

11. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also 2016 might not be a great year to release it. It's gonna have to deal with Batman vs Superman, Captain America vs Iron Man, and X-Men: Apocalypse. With the already declining US numbers, it's probably not a good idea to release it then since those movies will generate a lot more hype than TF5.

12. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Disney Marvel make about 3.

Then you have Sony with Spiderman and FOX with X-men and Fantastic 4.

Basically what im saying is pay attention to 3, forget the others :lol 

13. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bay and Hasbro advertised more in the west this time round to keep ratings in the US/UK up, while also advertising in china and the like.

Share the load kinda thing.

14. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I hope they do wait a while. After ROTF and DOTM, I've been wanting them to spend some extra time on making the films to try and get better quality. Even if they don't do any work on the first year of the break, the time to breath could help the makers not get sick of constantly making Transformers.

15. cadenheadr04

cadenheadr04 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For those discussing Marvel movies having like 3 a year, remember, they can easily do that because of all the different storylines for individuals and various teams available. Whereas, each TF series has been focused around the same consistent struggle of Autobots vs Deceptcicons. Up until recently in IDW have we had separate storylines for various break off teams like the Wreckers or the Dinobots.

16. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

And TMNT 2 which if Transformers comes out in 2016 then it'll be a week after and also 2017 is not a good year as well since we got Wonder Woman and JL and other Marvel films.

17. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are two big differences between the Transformers and Marvel movie franchises though

1. Marvel has several interlocking stories, each with a unique story arc and characters, so you're not just getting the same thing over and over again. It's a new flavour with each film (Well, most of the time). With the current Transformers movie franchise, it's just one story, with one set of characters. If you have a movie every year or two, people are going to get bored quickly
    2. Kind of the same thing again, but the Marvel movies all have different directors. One person directs Thor, another directs Ironman, and so on. So far, Transformers has one, and not a revered one at that

Thinking about it lately, the Transformers movies could've been so much more if they'd gone the direction of Marvel and had all of these interlocking stories. They could've used the plots from IDW, using the stories based on Earth as the 'main' stories, and then having 'side' movies like LSOTW, Maximum Dinobots, MTMTE, and then leading into RID and Dark Cybertron

18. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    You(and others who said the same thing) have a point.

That would be too awesome.

19. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Because ROTF.

20. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    While that would have been awesome for us, I'm not sure the general public would have gotten as into it. With Marvel and human characters, I think they can see and appreciate the differences between Ironman, Spider-Man, the X-Men, etc. However unfair it may be, I think the general public would just see giant robots, giant robots, giant robots... and even though different characters are featured, they would tire more quickly.

Though I'd love to see them prove me wrong! I would thoroughly enjoy movies of TF stories taking place away from the central battles...