Why do the movies get so much hate?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kirby0189, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I agree BUT then he treated the Intelligence community like crap and their is an unfortunate practical reason for that. In order to use the military toys in the films (at hardly any cost) you need the military's approval, if you don't get it good luck getting your hands on an aircraft carrier, F22, and/or any other cool toys. For the CIA/FBI/police/etc.you just need some black vans, assault rifles and dark clothing.

Trust me, it is not out of the goodness of his heart and it is a very common occurrence in Hollywood.

2. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

Oh believe me, I know, and I'm not expecting goodness of heart from any Hollywood studio, lol. ;)  I just can't understate how annoying Avatar was in that regard.

Now let me follow that up with a non-compliment. Bumblebee shoving the Beetle was horrible. I get that the company didn't want their car used in battle scenes, fine. And I was actually enjoying the film up to this point. Sam's scene in class was actually pretty funny. But then we get this smack in the face?! Why? It wasn't funny, it begins a pattern where the Autobots just act like jerks for no apparent reason. Why would I even want to hang around creatures like that?

3. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Perfectly stated.

Google is your friend. Literally, all you need to do is search "sexism in Hollywood" and tons of information will show up. There is a reason actors and entertainers have been calling the industry out on this. They're not shouting "Sexism!" for the hell of it. It really does exist and in 2015, it shouldn't.

4. NeverDoubt

It should be clarified, Television nowadays is more likely to have women in a variety of roles.

5. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:

Yeah I thought the bumblebee thing was weak, but Bay has always put his nose up at Transformers (that aren't his own of course) . That's why I find it funny how easy it is to criticize him: I try not to complain in a non constructive manner about other people's creations that I may not like (if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing), but the guy is not respected as an artist, leader, or filmmaker among his peers yet he is the first one to throw people under the bus either directly or indirectly.

I mean, I am paraphrasing by memory here but:

1. Reporter questions him about the designs from the first film he tells her 'well what do you want 30 foot block robots!!!!'

2. Jazz's death: 'the sequel will have way cooler robots' what followed was Skid and Mudflap

3. Writers strike: 'wont slow my movie down' movie is released with horrible critic reviews 'it was the writers strike's fault'

4. 'Welker's voice isn't a good Megatron Weeving is very involved we met personally to talk about it. Weeving says he pretty much dialed it in the whole time and never met Bay in person. Gets Welker for a renamed Megatron: Galvatron

5. Changes the script ending of DOTM and kills Megatron. Is force to resurrect him back in the sequel.

6. Gets a botcon award, says ' I didn't like Transformers but now that I changed it I like it'

7. Says in nearly every sequels pre-production 'I may not do the sequel' does sequel

It's laughable at this point.

And racial stereotypes too

That is true, but they usually fit into a set of cut cutter stereotypes. There are exceptions Hunger Games, Alien, but these are exceptions to the rule.

6. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Right. As you have a signature of a character showing the tops of her breasts.

Carry on.

7. NeverDoubt

It's hard not to sense the contempt, lol. It's like you're going along fine watching the movie, hey maybe this isn't so bad, and then suddenly BAM! jokes on you! Lol :scalper 

And that would be fine, the guy doesn't have to love every movie he makes, it's a job. And maybe he's just not the sentimental type. But a bad attitude coupled with all the money he's made off this franchise, makes him come across very poorly, to say the least.

8. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    That's Harlequin isn't it? Hardly a damsel in distress!! Daahhhh

:)  :D  :)  :D 

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    He hits the VW with a door, the gag could have been done with any kind of crappy vehicle (because let's be honest - the Type 1 Beetle is a highly underpowered car as Hitler wanted 'the people's car' to be affordable mainly). The fact it was the beetle at all was nothing more than a cute nod, frankly.

You do know Harley Quinn, a.k.a.Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel, M.D, is literally one of the scant few Batman villains with a doctorate, right?
    [​IMG]

10. NeverDoubt

It didn't come across to me as cute or a nod. Just what it was, a shove, lol.

Not saying I'm going to be buying my own Beetle anytime soon, lol, just saying I didn't laugh. It was ugly. Maybe they didn't mean it that way, but that's what I mean, it's very tone deaf.

11. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Lol that's pretty much the case in all the movies for me, except the last one, I kind of checked out pretty early on, not even the flat nose truck could bring me back. At which point it was a spiral of a yellow faced Drift, a life threatening hostage taking Optimus, US intelligence bashing, Science bashing (can't believe this one), communist pampering, whirlwind of lost interest. :) 

Totally agree, I could get why Joel Schumacher wouldn't like Batman (Had consequences on his career), but Transformers' franchise was good for Bay. Before Transformers,his career was going down, but the franchise saved him (not the other way around), but instead of being greatful he treats like he brought the franchise from the ashes.

12. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Exhibit C! Janet! :)  :D 

13. NeverDoubt

Yeah, you know, I hate political correctness. But there are some movies that are just utterly tone deaf. Like, remember North?

14. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    And I'm still wondering, what that has to do with sexism and showing the tops of her boobs?

Oh, because she's a doctor she gets a free pass, right?

15. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    And I'm still wondering why the "tops" of her boobs really matter when even back in the, what? 50s and 60s, swim suits were more or less showing that much. As for the rest of her costume, she's practically covered. It's not like some of the more skimpy outfits in Street Fighter.

Are there any complaints when men are showing the tops of their pecs when they wear tank tops? If so, I hardly ever see it. I think we're making an issue out of a non-issue here.

C'mon fucknotfw...I know this will make it onto that blog!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  16. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Never saw it, but a quick google search gave a pleather of negative remarks as well as a point of geographical direction: opposite of any place that is playing the movie North:D .

17. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    People can claim anything they want, it's irrelevant without evidence to back it up. There is clearly no lack of women in Hollywood.

18. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    In response to this demand, yes, but that doesn't erase the issue from existence.

Studies have been conducted and information has been found. I'm not about to sit here and argue whether sexism exists or not when many people know for a fact it does.

Harley, as a character, chooses to express her sexuality. Also, it's not my fault that artists can't come up with a less objectifying costume.

19. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    It's still sexist, regardless of whose "fault" it is.

Perhaps if you're going to preach about sexism, you should change your signature. Sure, it's not your fault, but you don't have to have that signature.

On a personal level, I don't care what you do. I happen to like Harley myself, especially in her Arkham Origins attire.

20. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Oh good god. Now this thread is carrying the remnants of a person no longer here.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.