Why do the movies get so much hate?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kirby0189, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeisterAl

MeisterAl Well-Known Member

I don't know about that... it seems others have been giving you plenty of factual information (e.g. Autobot Burnout, Hot Shot., Decepticons and etcetera).
    It's a shame that this is my first post on this site.

2. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum MeisterAl good to have you and good luck here.

No they haven't all they've been doing is ignoring everything I said including some facts I stated.

Long story short if you don't like the movies have fun you should enjoy yourself if you do get ready for hell and you're probably going to really hate this place.

Autobot Burnout if anyone would know about insulting people who don't agree with them I have little doubt it would be you so why you don't look in the mirror before you start talking about that rule here.

3. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    Well, in that case. WELCOME TO THE MOVIE FORUM! Where the Titanic and never ending clash between movie fanboys and haters continues. Pick and choose your side. Because, not unlike the autobot and decepticon civil war. This battle is NEVER going to end! And if you remain indifferent, you may get caught in the cross fire so LOOK OUT and STAY FROSTY!

4. Lord Tron

I recommend he stay neutral taking sides is the worse thing you can do in fact avoid topics like these go to the obscure character you want to see that topic seems to going well. nice joke about the war though that was actually funny.

5. MeisterAl

I've been reading all of the posts on this thread. To be fair, he hasn't really been making insults at anyone. Unless you count providing links to definitions of "mechanical" as an insult to one's intelligence. You seem to be taking his responses a bit too personally.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I'm just quoting this so you can't later delete that direct personal attack on me.

Seriously, this is an internet argument you apparently think other people are preventing you from simply moving the mouse cursor to that red button in the upper corner of your web browser, closing the internet page, and then going off to do something else than calling everybody thick in the head for not liking a movie even most of the movie forum here agrees is trash.

7. Dotmshockwave

News Credits:
    Well, I mean, he did just say the movie he liked was trash and most people agree that it's trash.... I guess that can be cause for being insulted...Not that it really matters to me, just pointing it out.

8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    So? I never said you aren't allowed liking a bad film. I mean, I freely admit I like Wolverine: Origins even if it's too campy for its own good at times and the less said about how idiotic the ending is the better (unless it's the Deadpool trailer teaser, in which case that's the one exception since Fox literally does say they screwed up by sewing Deady's mouth shut the first time).

9. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    That's on you. No one made you post in here.

10. MeisterAl

Indeed. I've been following this site since RotF was still in production. I never really bothered to make an account until recently since I wanted to look at some of the custom Transformers on the Radicons' thread.

11. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Wow one post in and he's hanging perilously over MnemonicSyntaxs fabled ignore list.:D 

12. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Welcome! It's not all bad in here! Try to have fun!

13. Dotmshockwave

News Credits:
    Well, I think he just hates how much crap these things constantly get, He probably knows it is not good, he just hates seeing the hate all the time in front of his face. I mean, like you said, yes he could just close the task bar and move on with his day but eventually he will come back on here and the same thing will be on his screen.

Like, you enjoy Origins Wolverine. What if in every single conversation someone on here ever had never stopped talking about how trash the film you like is, and how they couldn't understand how someone could enjoy it. Almost every one anyway. I guess you could say "well, if you do not like the criticism, then do not go on the site anymore" which is true. But this is one of the only legitimately GOOD Transformers sites on the internet, probably the BEST one. And when someone wants to have a decent discussion about the movies it shortly turns into how trash the films are.

Look, I am all up for constructive criticism, I think it is an awesome tool that is needed. And do I know these films are bad, yes, I do. But after long and unneeded arguments of how terrible the films are and the bashing it becomes tiresome and is not constructive. Now I know that the fanboys have their fair share of ridiculousness. But this all could be avoided, or at least somewhat toned down if we had constructive criticism and not just attacking. And then maybe, just MAYBE, these things wouldn't turn into rage filled battles that never seem to stop and are not good for anyone.

14. MeisterAl

Is that one of the many achievements on this site? Or a new record?

15. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Nah, I'm not quick to add people to my ignore list.

You have to be super intelligent and just put me in my place on an internet forum to do that.

16. Lord Tron

It's not about personal attacks it's about the fact that if I'm positive about anything Autobot Burnout seems to always be there to knock me down for no reason.

In one of my topics called a different way of reviewing things someone said that my way of reviewing would result in Rocky being considered average I didn't agree with this and said a scene I liked from the movie that wasn't the ones you suspect and Autobot Burnout got on my case about it saying what I did was bad and that i was getting all defensive when I wasn't.

The guy always feels the need to knock me down and I don't know why I post facts from the movie asking people to counter them which if you actually do I will admit it and he accuses me of insulting others opinions when I'm not doing that I'm not doing any of this yet he always seems to be there to do that and worse he doesn't seem to notice.

I'm not doing anything wrong all I'm doing is defending a movie I like I've never called anyone stupid I've never said outright you were wrong for not liking the movie I have flat out said that is alright.

I have said that I feel people are looking at the movies the wrong way and that maybe they should try to watch them with a little more of an open mind and I have stated I feel nostalgia is damaging. But I have never stated people were outright wrong for this and people treat me like I do.

He get's on my case for everything I admit I got a little political in our discussion and there he was to say once again I was doing something wrong. If you want things to stop Autobot Burnout quit getting on my case for every single thing I say.

I may have somewhat insulted you but you left me no reason not to you are not at all accepting of my view and go out of your way to smash it whenever you can. You accuse me of anything first chance you get often for little reason do you really not see this. I don't want to have problems with you and I certainly don't want to be pushed to saying what I did but I'm not apologizing for it heck you got my case for saying I don't believe in stereotypes that's a good thing. I try to be nice look at any conversation I start I only get rude when you or someone like you show up getting on my case for minimum reason is any of this getting through to you?

17. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who'd have thought a thread about the Bay movies would be so Explosive!

I actually quite liked the twins.

And fried chicken.

18. Lord Tron

Sorry that wasn't my intention all I wanted was for someone to answer how the the movies don't take risks yet no one has I'm not taking what he said personally not immediately anyway like I said Autobot Burnout knocks me down for everything I say and like I said for no reason. What reason is there to get on someones case for stating a scene from a movie they like that was all I did.

If I can't post or describe something I like without being accused of something than I'm sorry I don't want to be here and I don't want to feel like that when I'm on a transformer site. Does anyone else feel the same?

19. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You say that racial stereotypes don't exist, so I acted like a negative racial stereotype. Then you told me I was being insensitive. Somehow the point has sailed over your head. You either need "Yes massa I pick cotton fo watermelon" chiseled across a mountainside before it clicks in your brain, or you're just refusing to acknowledge you were wrong. Maybe you just don't want to believe the movies did anything wrong, and you're doing mental gymnastics to keep it that way. Whatever reason, you need to understand you're accomplishing nothing through insults and playing victim. We ARE listening. You're just not presenting any convincing arguments.

20. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    For everybody's assistance, here's the context of what I said:
    I didn't say anything about your bit regarding Rocky - my point was you resort to this misdirection tactic all the time, which doubles as a kind of psuedo-justification in how it comes off, as if you're actually saying "I have seen these films!" and then you go talk at length about them...even though those films have nothing to do with the actual thread topic.

Dude, you literally said you were doing this not a few pages ago:
    It's like you don't even understand we can still read what you posted earlier is in direct contrast to what you are now claiming.

Let's ask Mirriam-Webster what thick headed actually means:
    And look what's under the synonyms for thickheaded:
    You also insisted that racial stereotypes don't actually exist.

I tried that. You started whining about how people didn't read your entire posts and only focused on select portions of them.

YOU DENY THAT RACIST STEREOTYPES ARE A THING.
    Like, everybody in this thread as disagreed with you at length because, frankly, this isn't a view. It's ignorance.

I pushed you to the point of attacking me over a stupid internet discussion? Funny, then, how it seems you're singling me out when many other people in this thread have also called you out on your posts.

Any conversation you start, huh? Hmm, I don't think that's quite right given your first post in this very thread, which for the record I never responded to, nor did anybody, really.
    You openly assault this thread with a barrage about how you can't change people's opinions despite all the "evidence" and that this thread is both stupid and a waste of time...even though this thread wasn't actually about defending the films at all, but discussing the reasons why people were so quick to deride the films.

How are you being nice here, by just dropping in and immediately lambasting the people who are heavily critical of the films, as well as calling this thread stupid in the first place?

Dude, just...you're constantly digging a deeper hole with every post you make, practically, and you need to learn when some battles just are no longer worth fighting. There's nothing you gain by constantly attacking me or trying to defend your actions, since you've long since driven this thread off track, and right now the best option for you is actually to shut the internet browser and walk away. Removing yourself from the situation is the only non-self-destructive choice you have, as continuing to try and get in the last word is an obsession you clearly need to break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.