Why do the movies get so much hate?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kirby0189, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh I knew I was forgetting something.

Well I guess I learned something new today. Still though, stuff like that shouldn't be in a tformers movie. Shane and whatever that girls name was makes me wonder the sick shit that was going through Bays or whoevers head at the time.

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PLEASE DON'T GET DA WHIP MASSA I DIDIN MEAN IT MASSA I BE GOOD MASSA

[​IMG]

Also they're white so the fact that immediately assume that they are that particular stereotype is in truth far more racist than the actual character is.

3. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

You people are thick as rocks you know that what's so sick about someone a little older being in a relationship with someone a little younger it happens pretty often there's nothing sick about it quit being so narrow and close minded.

4. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, because the target audience of PG-13 action movies TOTALLY isn't interested in teenage girls.

>_>

5. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Thank you.

Every single production you mentioned is in response to this demand or just one instance out of the gazillion male-lead productions around.

6. Lord Tron

First get rid of that picture I won't take offense to it but I won't be surprised if someone does so take it down before you cause a problem seriously think you talk about how you feel the twins are racist than you post that like I said I don't really take offense but someone will so get rid of it before it happens.

Decepticon, you were on a high horse you were accusing all of Hollywood of being sexist when it isn't the case look at most of the recent disney movies or a bunch of other shows people need to be rescued you're right Tessa and Carly were rescued but what you're missing is they save the heroes later on Tessa when she goes back and helps free Optimus Carly when she risks her life to stand up to Megatron.

Just like the people who jump on the racism lighten up I don't have anything else to say in truth I don't want to continue this conversation it's turning into a waste of my time i can only repeat myself so many times before it gets tiring.

All I want is for someone to state how all those risks I stated the movies took don't count as taking risks and are somehow doing the same thing someone just answer this question so I can finally either counter once and only once or just up and leave.

7. AutobotJazz1

News Credits:
    I think you're missing my point dude. The whole age consent thing is what gets me. Im pretty sure most logical people wouldn't want there teen child dating a grown man.

8. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    Massa I's lighten up if youse give me some fry chicken. MMMMMM-MMMMM do I loves me some fry chicken, massa.

There's nothing wrong with admitting you're wrong. Plugging your ears and defying reason to defend a forgettable popcorn flick isn't going to make anyone take you seriously.

I've seen worse age gaps. The issue is that it shouldn't have even been in a Transformers movie.

9. Lord Tron

Excuse me Hot Shot how am I wrong again oh right because you claim it yet I'm not the one putting stupid comments and stupid pictures to try and prove a point stupid comments that some people may take offense to and for what to try to make someone admit they're wrong whose the insensitive one here.

you haven't actually done anything to prove me wrong so no I'm not admitting anything you actually post an intelligent comment maybe I'll listen to you

That's not our choice if they guy (since no one will care if it's the girl at least I'm willing to bet they won't) is a little older it doesn't matter if he treats her right what's the problem if they care about each other what's the problem.

All that matters is they're old enough and more importantly mature enough to understand the ramifications of what they're doing and they care about each other and both treat each other well. That's what matters.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Are you literally just throwing out insults now at anybody who doesn't agree with you?

For somebody who says they're not worked up over that picture, you sure seem to be talking more about removing it than anything.

What's stopping you from leaving right now? Seriously, unless you have proof that an outside force is controlling your arms and making you click on the "reply" button constantly, you can just up and leave this discussion right now of your own free will.

So now we're really getting into sexism at the same time as the racism? God this thread's going places...that ironically are still on topic since the negative stereotypes in the films are some of the things they get lambasted for, and rightly so.

Nope! Age of consent in most of the states is 18, and as pointed out earlier in this thread (I think), while the Romeo and Juliet law does exist, it's not remotely common knowledge outside the state. So as far as the average Joe knows, Tessa is underage according to mainstream US law.

Not even remotely. Young couples who get together before at least one of them is through college almost never work out in the end.

Yeah, just like Sam and Mikela!

Oh, wait, no it fucking doesn't! ROTF spends the entire goddamn time with those two trying to get the other to say "I love you" first and then DOTM makes it all moot because they fucking broke up soon after anyway.

11. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Except it is the case. Research the damn topic.

12. AutobotJazz1

News Credits:
    This is what i was getting at. Perfect point. Its a freakin transformers movie. I wanna see giant robots slaughter each other. Not some inappropriatel age relationship crap.

13. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    So you say racial stereotypes don't exist, and don't know what a minstrel show is/was? Sounds about right.

And then you say I'm being insensitive? Tell me the two words why. First begins with an R, second begins with an S.

14. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    I think you're missing the point that it's HER age of consent and it doesn't matter wtf the parents think about it.

"Most logical people" established that law by popular vote in the first place so it's a non-issue, really. Hell, 17 is setting it pretty high in that part of the U.S., it's actually 16 in the states surrounding Texas.

And do I even need to get into the silliness of calling some kid barely past his 20th birthday a "grown man" when we don't even allow him the right to drink alcohol legally at that age?

o_O 

15. Lord Tron

Hot Shot I don't believe in them but others do. Think of others not me not everyone sees it my way so while i see your comments and pictures as just immature and stupid someones else who does believe in stereotypes might see something little worse. Seriously use your head and think!

Decepticon look at the list I put of all the movies with either main female characters and strong ones than comment back to anyone but me I'm done with this.

(Autobot burnout) I am not offended by it but I'm concerned for someone who might be and sometimes insults are necessary calling all of Hollywood sexist because of one or two movie franchises is thick headed ,narrow minded and just all around stubborn. People are free to make their own choices rather it be dating someone older or whatever it's their choice it shouldn't be considered creepy just because someones a little older. I want my answer I asked three times and no one answers it I'm beginning to think no one will.

Also don't talk about acceptance and insulting others you are completely disrespectful to movie fans you attack whatever comment I put with reckless abandonment you go out of your way to prove everyone wrong. You say it's bad to be positive about something at least you do every time I am. You go out of your way to spread negativity even when there's no reason too it's one of the reasons I have such a disdain talking with you.

16. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

What...

What happened in here?

We're going over why the movies get so much hate, and I thought we established that there are legitimate reasons people don't like the movies or outright "hate" them. That maybe we shouldn't dismiss criticisms as being "thick headed" or "just being upset that it's different." So what exactly is going on here?

17. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    Fanboyism.

18. AutobotJazz1

News Credits:
    Youre an legal adult when in 18 Nj so i guess i cant speak for Texas. Still though i dont think its right for a girl that young to be dating a legally grown ass man. On top of that, wtf does it even need to be in movie like tformers though? Thats the part that urks me

19. Lord Tron

Scrap maker you missed a lot this isn't even really about the movies anymore in fact I'm still waiting for someone to answer the question actually about the movies that I put but they keep going back to this and trust me it's really annoying.

I'm not calling people thick headed about the movies I'm calling them thick headed because some of them are using the movies to generalize all of Hollywood once again ignoring all the good even more so ignoring all the proof I put that prove their statement false namely how many main or strong female characters we have gotten across the years AKA Facts.

Which when someone puts proof right in front of you and you still say your generalization of Hollywood sexism is right you're being thick headed.

Who the fuck cares about the age consent why is it a big deal? You don't like the scene why don't you do the sensible thing and ignore it it's only two minutes go to the bathroom get a drink make food do something productive it's not worth complaining about. Also that is the one of the only scenes actually about the relationship you have three other brief ones each clocking in at about thirty seconds and the one serious one before the third act. I was unaware five minutes was a central focus it's not focused on the movie neither is the Yaeger family drama this is another thing that people blow out of proportion.

When I place positive qualities about the characters and you say there is no characterization despite there being proof right above you you're being thick headed.

If you're going to disagree with me fine at least put facts or something that supports it which people rarely do. Never mind that though let's just end this conversation so people can get this topic back on track no one has to worry about me I'm leaving go ahead continue your topic.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    So you admit to breaking TFW rule 1 by insulting everybody who doesn't agree with you? Good to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.