Why do the movies get so much hate?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kirby0189, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

I always see people heavily criticizing the movies, and I don't understand why. Almost every criticism I see is along the lines of "it's different". I know that we came up with the phrase "ruined forever", but is that really the only reason?

And then there are more nonsensical complaints, like "the aliens look too alien". What kind of logic is that? And design changes are bound to happen. I cannot think of a single live-action movie of a pre-existing franchise that didn't make some changes with the art style.

And are the toys really all that bad?

Ok, I will admit that ROTF was way too dragged out, DOTM wasn't as bad as ROTF, but still could have been shorter, and AOE started off very well, but died down until the climax. But still, are the movies really that bad?

2. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because they are pretty poor shallow movies with almost no character development of many characters.

3. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    You're new around here huh! :D 

4. siccoyote

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or to break it down. At least for me personally.

2007: takes to long to get to the titular characters. Is full of juvenile humor. Has a hacker subplot which is pointless and goes nowhere.

Rotf improves the amount of character the titular characters get. Has some good scenes but gets extremely bogged down in the desert at the end.

Dotm I actually liked but there are again subplots like Sam's job hunt which are not needed for the film. And the finale also suffers from being so long it wears out average cinema goers

Aoe should have been 2 movies the plot is full of holes and its too damn long

5. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    What plot holes do you think AoE is full of?

6. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    LOL, I love the logic here.

TF 2007: Opens with narration from Optimus Prime explaining the origins of Transformers, then a base attack by a Decepticon, Sam Witwicky and Bumblebee discovering each other, and Skorponok's first battle. Transformers has ALWAYS been full of "juvenile humor," and that's AT BEST! Oh, and hackers correctly identify the source of the base attack signal, hook-up with the Sec. Def., and then call in an airstrike for the climactic battle against all odds.

Somehow THAT equals...

But bon't get me wrong, I can generally see where you're coming from regarding the second and third movies...but OMFG that breakdown of the first was a laughriot, lololol.

DISAGREED.

Ohhhkay.

Let's do this, I guess.

List the "plot holes" you need explained, plz.

>_>

7. siccoyote

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why are there dino skeletons at the start that the dinobots later turn into but they were being held on that ship for god knows how long and weren't on earth back in the day when the creators made the skeletons. Why would any company making weapons for the us government be making them in china, a competing world power. What happens to Sam, optimus doesn't care. Where did the bots come from? The way transformium works is stupid and doesn't make sense in the films own universe. Et

8. siccoyote

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The "hackers find out what this sound is but by the time they do it they have already SEEN the decepticons so its pointless. And the calling in of the airstrike could have been done by anyone

9. Acadia

Acadia gone

There are multiple reasons why, but for me there is one. It negatively affected the public image of the whole franchise. Doing that has the potential to kill a franchise, but I'm glad that hasn't happened for Transformers yet.

10. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    The dino skeletons aren't dinobots. They are cyberformed dinosaurs. Not a plot hole.

KSI had government contracts but they never said they were making them for the US government only. They weren't only making the robots in China either. They are probably making them in China for the same reason all the other companies out there do. Is that really a plot hole?

Sam's story is over. Why should Optimus Care, he's got bigger fish to fry. Not a plot hole. You may not like transformium, but is it really a plot hole?

11. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    The Dinobot thing isn't a "plot hole." It's just something that the movie designed for sequels hasn't fully explained yet. It violates no internal logic within the film.

You've never heard of corporate outsourcing to China? Cheaper manufacturing labor? International arms deals? China builds TONS of stuff used by the U.S. government.

Optimus DOES care what happens to Sam. People who know about Transformers are being used to kill them, in some cases even being killed themselves. "Cease all contact with humans" helps the Autobots AND their former allies.

Where did WHICH bots come from? Cybertronians, you mean? The Creators.

How is Transformium stupid and how does it "not make sense within the film's own universe"...?

o_O 

12. siccoyote

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's no way Mark Wahlberg is an inventor

13. siccoyote

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformium is "what they're made of" so doesn't that mean it should exhibit the same property's that it has done for three movies. And not function in a totally different way?

14. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    It turns from one thing into another, how is that totally different?

15. siccoyote

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The manner with which it does it is different

16. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    They are human built objects, you would expect it to be different.

17. siccoyote

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But isn't it mainly Megatron guiding them? If he could rebuild himself into a robot that changes this way wouldn't he have done it before?
    Also there's no way that romeo and Juliet law exista

18. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    They keyword there is guiding. Not actually doing it himself. It doesn't really matter anyway, it's not a plot hole.

19. siccoyote

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why do the knights of Cybertron turn into dinosaur skeletons they have not been in contact with

20. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    They are not dinosaurs. Unless you think that T-Rexes have horns and pterodactyls have two heads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.