Why do the films get so much negative criticism?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Wow, how insightful, not to mention ignorant.

My partial dislike these films is soly based on the films themselfs.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    2 words.

Michael Bay.

But in all seriousness, I dislike Bayformers because the overall story arc just fails at story telling.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'll agree that there is some criticism that couldn't be leveled if there wasn't prior Transformers to compare it to. If we'd never seen Starscream before then I couldn't say it's just not Starscream if he can't smirk.

But there are so many things I found wrong with the films that don't involve Starscream can't smirk.

The humor that didn't work would still be there. The human characters that didn't work as shallow stereotypes would still be there. We'd still have the shaky cam from the first film. The bad guys would still be too easy to beat. Still too many little side stories. The people who though the designs had too many parts would still find it to be too many parts.

If there is a shame in all of this it's that you've got 25 years of ideas to pull from, a massive budget, a production team the size of a small army and something like Beast Wars still had better moments than the films.

4. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

You know what, I'm done with this. They were good films, which is why they've garnered over $2,000,000,000! Period.

[​IMG]

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Late to the thread... but after seeing the opening post I could see that it was a set-up.

After all these ears, why can't people see these set-ups and allow themselves to get tangle up in 15 page boobie-traps like this?

We've had 4 years of discussion on the matter- how can anyone NOT know what the next person feels by now?

6. BluRayHiDef

My dude, nothing about this was a set-up. So, please don't come in here making rash assumptions. What happened was that I made a thread about DOTM's release on BluRay on another site (GameTrailers) and was shocked by how many people hated the movie. So, I came here to speak with people whom I thought actually like the movies; since this is a TF fan-site, I expected to speak with people who agreed with me. Hence, I am surprised that even here, people won't give the films a break. But, whatever. There's nothing I can do about it. I love the films and every time I watch them, a huge smile comes onto my face. I feel these movies.

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Phantom Menace almost made 1billion so I guess that's a good movie too!

...oh wait.

3/10 you made me respond.

8. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I agree, if everyone supposedly disliked the movies, the first movie wouldn't have made so much money and a sequel wouldn't have been made. This franchise is one of the top grossing franchises of all time, and they're only three movies in. Compare this to Harry Potter(8 movies) and Star Wars(6 movies, 7 if you count Clone Wars). Majority rules and the general audience loves the movies. The studios are aware of this too and want to imitate the franchise's success(I'm looking at you Peter Berg's Battleship). I also hate when they're called dumb movies(I'll let the geographical errors in ROTF slide on this one). Compare it to G.I. Joe the Rise of Cobra and you can see the difference.

9. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    McDonald's also makes a shitton of money every day and millions of people love it, but that still doesn't make it good food.

10. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    LOL there's an old adage: if you have a problem everywhere you go the problem might be you.

I'm sorry you couldn't find the validation of your opinion you are apparently seeking. My advice would be to stop worrying if everyone agrees with you on your opinion about a movie. You liked them...great! I didn't...also great! It's an opinion...everyone gets one and no one is right or wrong.

11. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Time for one of my all time favorite quotes

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks"

12. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    This.

13. Triponthisman

Triponthisman Active Member

I liked the movie's and the designs. While some people refuse to let go of G1, like having something new.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    And THAT is the most significant TRUTH onthe matter. Case closed, as opposed to trolling posts like this:

:rolleyes2 

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not sure how much of this thread you've read, but a large part of people's problems with the films have nothing to do with G1.

Beast Wars wasn't G1 and it won over old fans. Animated wasn't G1 and it won over old fans. War for Cybertron wasn't G1 and it won over old fans. Transformers Prime isn't G1 and it's winning over old fans as well.

But when we get to the movies the only reason people didn't like it has to be because it wasn't G1.

That's a bit like saying people didn't like Pearl Harbor because people couldn't let go of Tora! Tora! Tora!

If the only thing wrong with the Transformers films was it wasn't G1 and no other flaws could be found I'd be a happy fan. Heath Ledger wasn't Cesar Romero or Mark Hamill but darn if that Joker wasn't great.

16. Una

Una Well-Known Member

The movies aren't perfect, having many flaws in story. They could have been done better like make a continuous arc where the first movie introduces the Sam, his love interest, Autobots and Decepticons or they could have made the first movie an origin story showing Cybertron and the war to show the audiences what is going on. They could do it in flashbacks or in some other artistic way. The romance could start here for Sam and his girlfriend and the romance builds up in the last movie. The second movie could introduce more mythology about the Cybertronians and more complications between Autobots and the humans, showing the distrust as humans can't understand their own allies and the government holding secret expertiments just in case the Autobots betray them or thinking they don't need the Autobots as they learn Cybertronian technology, and the ending could be a cliffhanger, showing something heading towards Earth like an army. Before they show the army, maybe Optimus Prime dies protecting and like ROTF did, Sam could bring him back to life with the Matrix and as he plants in Optimus' chest, a signal goes up towards space, making the ending go like: OMG! That signal is bring an army, a mysterious force we don't know of! The third flim will wrap everything up as the Autobots, humans, and Decepticons have to team up in order to face a menace that threats them all and ends with the war being over. Maybe Megatron either shaking Optimus' hand or dies by his own decisions.

There are many things that can happen if you just be creative and have people around you that can challenge.

My opinion, of course.

Ditto! *thumbs up*

17. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Reading this thread and others like it is like listening to someone rationalize their kid failing at something. It's everyone else that has the problem because the truth that their kid isn't the best at everything is impossible. So it's impossible to not like the movies just because you think they are bad movies. It must be because you hate Bay or because you can't let go of G1 or because you're an overly-critical movie snob...anything else besides the fact that you just thought they were bad movies.

18. BluRayHiDef

Look. My opinion is right and everyone else's is wrong. Period. We're done.

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea, unfortunately you are very far away from the point of this discussion.

For those of you people out who are actually aware of your surroundings there's A LOT of G1 influences in the Bayformers as it is.

You don't see Minicons, or Cyber Planet keys, and no one yells 'Beast Mode'
    Which pretty much leaves G1 as the main source of reference.

DOTM's plot was three G1 episodes wrapped up into one movie, with it's own twist added on to it.

Anyway, the topic of this thread is why the Bayformers movie get so much negative attention.

And my answer is in a nut shell is because I think they're nothing more than shall, mindless pop corn flicks, with as much depth as a teaspoon.
    Yes they have a lot of G1 references and homages, but that still doesn't make up for a crappy movie.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    And there's the confirmation of what I said back on page 3 of this thread: you're just trolling and trying to get a reaction. 16 pages later, I guess you succeeded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.