Why do the films get so much negative criticism?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh. My. Fucking. God. Can we stop labeling everyone that doesn't like the movies a Geewunner? Because that term is so fucking stupid, it's not funny. Even though I like the movies, they are not without their flaws. Some people, myself included, can overlook these flaws and like the overall product. Some people, like Ash and Nachtsider, can't overlook the flaws because they expected more from the movies; it comes down to expectations.

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

logic FTW

3. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    QFT!

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Okay, I got that; point being?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, Megatron's an advanced alien robot, right? Then how could not detect the Earths magnetic field? How are we able to know it's there; surely an alien robot has the tech to spot a magnetic field, and prepare for it long before he enters the atmosphere.

None of the other Decepticons in the movies seemed to have lost their bearings and crashed to Earth like Megatron did. Is Megatron just stupid?

5. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

Lamest excuse to make a shitty movie ever.

plain and simple theres no real story. Its just a sequence of action scenes.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Sorry but I just don't find that to be a very good excuse either.

You think fan pressure was bad on the film makers for Transformers you should have kept up with things as they were making the Lord of the Rings movies.

Transformers fans can roll with some change because unlike the rather popular myth not everyone who watched G1 is a "geewuner". Transformers fans have had to deal with change since Hasbro got the idea that Unicron could reformat Megatron into Galvatron. Ask around and I think you will find that the majority of Transformers fans like more than one series.

Lord of the Rings fans, now that was a tough crowd because they were so devoted to some really long books and weren't open to the idea of either change or cutting out anything from the book. But by exceeding their expectations the production team won over the book fans to the extent that they could rewrite the ending without an uproar from the book fans.

I don't think fans are totally resistant to any form of change like you paint them to be. But when you bring change you need to offer fans something that is better than the past or they will not like it because they can point to something somewhere else that they liked better.

7. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Because opinions are subjective.

Different people look for different things. As one who's drawn to the visual aspect of movies as opposed to the emotional one, Bayformers suited me well.

But then again, there are also others at the opposite end of the spectrum, who take the opposing view.

Then there are also people who have preset requirements, and if anything, be it movies or something else, fails to meet them, then it's automatically a failure.

As an example, I'll point to someone who likes their hot dog with mustard. If you serve him a hot dog with any other sauce, he automatically says that it sucks. So, regardless of how tasty the alternative might actually be, it's deemed a failure because it didn't meet his tastes.

Instances like this beg the question - is something bad because it is really bad, or is something bad merely because it didn't conform to one's preferences?

While the TF movies could undoubtedly have been better, when I hear people calling it the worst movies of all time, I find myself wondering - are Bayformers really the worst movies of all time, or do these people say so simply because it failed to meet their preferences of what constitutes a good film.

8. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    LOL "Despicable Me" was a better written film than any of the TF movies. What now?

9. MindChamber

quoted for great justice. I will go one step further and say everyone expected changes because the history of the show was so dynamic. But we wanted a clear cut explanation for the change, That's why most people go to see remakes/reboots/ etc.. If you are going to a new lore to an exsisting franchise more people are would accept it if that new lore was just as exciting as the old.

In the transformer movies, changes were made without any explanation . everything was just... is.

10. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe some people just didn't like the films for whatever reason(s).

I swear, saying you hate the films around here is almost like a death sentence. We all have our own opinions, some positive, some negative.

Note: I don't hate the films, I love them. I'm just commenting on what I'm seeing.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I chalk it up due to him being so single-minded in his pursuit he wasn't really paying attention to that. Kind of like how some hurry-minded drivers don't always notice the speed limits or red lights.

As for it not happening to the other Decepticons, it was just the upside of them getting there second, they knew what to expect a little more. I believe the expression is "the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

12. MindChamber

Differences in opinion
    usually what happens in an. Open forum. As for the deathsentence thing,try not to take opinions so personally

13. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Not to worry, I don't.

14. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Megs didn't forget how to fly, our planet's magnetic field screwed him up. Part of the problem in here is some of us are upset these movies weren't made especially for us. They were made to broaden the fan base.

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats true.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

When I hear people call one of the Transformers movies the worst movie of all time the first thing I think is what kind of sheltered lives do those people have to have only seen a handful of films.

Battlefield Earth, BloodRayne, Mortal Kombat 2, Crank 2, Syfy movie of the week, just so many films I can think of that are far far worse than anything Micheal Bay has done.

Even among the Micheal Bay films I feel like Revenge of the Fallen was still better than Pearl Harbor.

17. MindChamber

But if The New story is just as dumb, as the orginal story,why not just use the orginal?

The fan base would have still been broadened since really its a movie about cg robots, and alot of fans would stop bitching..

Granted, it still would've been. A bad movie he just did a remake of the show.. but at least alot of us would've been more content... not happy but content ...

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

The Expendables suck? Yup, now I now I canĀ“t trust your opinion.

19. Armoredrah

Armoredrah Junkion

LOL This thread is funny. You put us TF fans in a room full of fans of something else and we're like family, but you bring up liking or not liking the movies, you might as well be saying "TF's suck and Pokemon is the BOMB YO!" Because someone is going to be offended. I say who cares if you like the movies or not, You like TFs, right? Then everybody hug and be happy, or whatever..

20. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

You know, if Transformers didn't exist prior to these films, people would love these movies. However, since people already have this pre-existing idea of Transformers, they're dissatisfied because the films don't live up to them. Shame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.