Why do the films get so much negative criticism?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

So.....how is he wrong?

He doesnt deny that thew fail may have intended on those particular themes, hes pointing out that there are fans that see things that arent always intended by the creative teams.

So again, how is he wrong?

And regardless of these [few] themes you pointed out, the films did a poor job of delivering those messages.

2. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

This (and what iceburn9 said as well).

Was ROTF perfect? Good God, no. Was it entertaining? Depends on your taste (for me, it was). Was it the worst film ever made? If you think so, I have two words for you - DRAGONBALL EVOLUTION.

Plus, I've not had to yell at a TV screen while watching the TF films to tell the characters what to do, unlike several sci-fi films I've seen. One I just watched recently, EMPIRE OF THE ANTS, I just laughed at how stupid everyone was, such as falling down, screaming for fifteen seconds (when they could EASILY get back up), then the ants get them. That, and one of the main characters "figured out" they don't like fire after setting fire to a yacht, burning one of the giant ants (or gi-ants, if you will :p ) alive. I literally started laughing because of how stupid it sounded.

And I'm not gonna argue with you if you find Megan Fox more attractive than Rosie, but Rosie's performance was far better. For a first-time actress, she did really well, and she's optimistic about pursuing a career in acting. Megan? I considered her passable. At least she did better than that girl from TWILIGHT.

3. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *munches popcorn*

4. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Active Lurker

News Credits:
    This :popcorn 

5. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

You said it. :popcorn 

6. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

I hope that none of you hate me. I'm sorry. It's just that I love these films so much. Now, let's all be friends.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Phantom Menace was Ok,but kind of meh. Attack of the clones was f*cking boring and made little to no sense. Revenge of the Sith was my 2nd favorite Star Wars film,coming 2nd to Empire Strikes Back

8. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Generally speaking, I don't see an appreciable difference between those pics and what we have in the movie. Soundwave, of course, being the exception; but that design strikes me more as fanwank than something that would actually serve the story.

9. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

What in the world are you talking about? There were many homages to events in G1 and the comics across the three movies. What more did you want?

10. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Sorry, Ash, but that bolded part just is not true. LoTR purists still hate the movies because of the artistic changes Jackson et al made to translate it to film. Those fans haven't been mollified, only silenced by the resounding success of the films.

And that there is the great divide. Many fans do think the movies offer something that is better than the past - ROTF aside - but there are a few very vocal fans who do not. And I believe those fans they will never be satisfied with any TF movie, regardless of how good the story or great the director, unless they get the designs and G1/Comic book aura that they want.

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I haven't jumped on any band wagons. I don't like the movies (at least not on the same level as any decent comic book movie) because I am capable of independent thought, and I was unimpressed by the lame stories, juvenile jokes, lousy, blurry, camera shots, and substituting a decent plot for explosions.
    Yes, I think the movies are primarily shallow. Yes they're also sprinkled with a little bit of depth and have other deeper messages, but they're quickly rendered moot whenever Jetfire farts parachutes, or whatever.
    Don't like my opinion? I don't care.

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Okay I wasn't talking about homages; was I? I was referring to straight up comic book moments that were reinterpreted into the movies. DOTM not with standing; since it did reinterpret scenes from well remembered G1 episodes.

The first two movies never really reenacted anything from any previous Transformers series.

If you re read it; you might get it.

EDIT: to help further my point; reinventing the wheel can be a good and exciting thing; but fans also want what is familiar to go with the new.
    And before someone says 'the movies weren't made just for the fans, but for new viewers as well' I call bullshit on that; then explain what's the point of a comicbook movie, if they're not going to cater to the fans as well as the new?

13. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Chaos Prime, you own dude.

14. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    hah. Burn.

15. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

The point of a comic book movie is to attract fans of the particular comic (for financial reasons) upon which it is based by using its name and sparsely referring to the source material, but making necessary or desired changes in order to fit the film medium and appeal to even more people.

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Movie's like Ironman, Spiderman, and Captain America is hardly sparsely referring to the source material.
    They're heavily using the source material, and then making the necessary changes to adapt to the movie.

Sparsely referring to the source material would be like giving Captain America a battle ax instead of a shield, and have his costume be purple, and green.
    That would be sparsely following the source material.

Bayformers is doing just that; making the changes first, and then adding the source material, as a secondary line of thought. Which is my main grievance to the movies.

What comicbook movies are you watching which isn't true to the source material?
    Sure the X-men movies are a bit wonky, but they're mostly enjoyable.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm not sure that fans are impossible to win over.

You will always have a small minority that can't be won over no matter what you do. Look hard enough and you can find a Batman fan somewhere that didn't like The Dark Knight.

But having a fan here or a fan there that you can never make happy doesn't mean that you can't win over a good deal of fans even if they start out as an angry mob with torches and pitch folks. Just look at all the rage and fury when the first Transformers Animated pictures were released. Yet Transformers Animated won over so much of that angry crowd even if they couldn't win over every last one of them.

A more well rounded film might be received better by fans even if it wasn't a carbon copy of past series. It's not like other film series haven't managed that balance of appeal to old fans while at the same make something that is appealing and accessible to brand new fans. That other films haven't managed a balance of appeal to the people who are just looking for action and the people looking for story and character driven events.

I just don't think we can set the bar at we must win all people of a certain type over or else we shouldn't even try.

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    And you wonder why I stated this thead was a trap?

You ask about opinions... and when people get them you shout them down.

Now unless people who have been here a few years don't mind getting snared by yet another of these threads, then I am surprised they fell for it yet again.

19. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

LIKE A BOSS!!!!!!!

,these movies suck ass and highlight the divide in the TRANSFORMER fandom some like TF animated ,TF Prime, Bayformers, and others are not ******ed

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I do believe we're done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.