Why do people hate CHANGE So much?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by YellowPPMonster, Apr 7, 2014.

1. tfmx8

tfmx8 questor for the prize.

News Credits:
    The same applies to bumblebee . People made comments stating gladness bumblebee was becoming a "badass" but movie bumblebees muscular frame and height are a distraction from who the character is Who's Who in the Transformers Universe. "Bumblebee is the physically weakest of the autobots" i dont have a problem with bumblebees voice being damaged because it shows weakness,but his "cool "bodyshape dilutes it. Its not as brave fighting barricade when he's near the same size and can easily beat him

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I already said this once, but logically ALL transformers have to be badasses by now. A war that lasted this long has probably killed off the weaker cybertronians. It´s the badasses that showed the skills to survive, not weak and small bots like G1 Bumblebee. It would be the same if we were amassed into a army and told to fight another army. Guess who would be the ones to bite the bullet first?

3. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    As a counter point, hiding and stealth are tools to survival as well... it's doubtful movie Starscream was a brutal badass, rather a cunning run and hide fighter. Same with Jazz. Brains, Wheelie? Badasses? Skids and Mudflap? Badasses? Bee is TOO badass. He hasn't got so much as a scratch since movie one.

4. tfmx8

News Credits:
    It might be more "logical" at first glance. But not nearly as interesting and touching storywise, but doesnt it make sense in an army there would be individuals with different skillsets aside from brawling. bumblebees profile notes how quickly he could die on the battlefield,thus explaining why his skills are focused on espionage, it keeps him alive. .

5. General Magnus

Wheelie was a slave in all but name. Skids and Mudflad despite acting moronic were competent enough in fighting Devastator. Jazz was Prime´s second in command (you don´t get into positions like that by being dumb) and only died when facing Megatron himself. Brains, I have no idea what he did, but given his size and lack of firepower he it was probably another "slave" class transformer like Wheelie.

I always like WfC/FoC Bee, he showed to be a capable soldier and while looking like G1, it was a far more useful warrior than G1 Bee ever was.

6. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Fine, he's not "Optimus Prime", he's "Optimus Prime*".

:rolleyes: 

In that same vein, Batman from Button's Batman movies isn't "Batman".

7. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

The army with only infantry? You need all sorts of people with specialized roles to win a war.

Yeah, I kind of feel that way.

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Disagree.
    First, Prime dispatched Bonecrusher pretty quickly before getting back on the freeway to mission city, before lamenting the loss of Megatron.
    And he wept not for him.
    Nor should he have. He did what he had to do and moved on.

So how many innocents did Prime kill?

Is all killing equal? Is a Decepticon who will vaporize a human or slay an Autobot the same as a human that will be vaporised by a Decepticon, or the same as an Autobot that will be slayed by a Decepticon?

And how does the killing of an evil being automatically nullify your morality and justice? Is he only moral if he doesn't kill and allows himself to die just to maintain some ideological status?

How many lives did the death of Optimus save from the Fallen and the Sun Harvester?
    Where is the justice in the resulting multiple genocides that would have resulted?

I submit that it would be immoral if Optimus didn't kill; and to allows the deaths of innocents would be an injustice and selfishness on the part of Optimus.

And the Man of Steel as well. I submit that if Supes didn't snap Zod's neck, then Superman would have been accomplice to any further that Zod committed.

No, Optimus well lived up to his Freedom is the right to all sentient beings.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
  10. tfmx8

News Credits:
    About optimus primes compassion, this early profile from the punctuation seemingly depicts his compassion as being primarily for his autobot troops he feels worried about when their on missions and perhaps gives them assignments that arent as hard as they could be and the human crossfire he worries about endangering. "Otherwise, the only weakness he could be accused of having is being too compassionate and concerned about the safety of others" Does that read like optimus is concerned that the decepticons wont be safe when their attacking cities or raiding dams? About the decepticons it says Optimus knows that the Decepticons must be defeated for all time. Does that imply optimus will let the decepticon troops leave after plundering a world. "All time" implies the finality of death. Otherwise he'd be waiting for their hearts to miraclously become loving

11. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

I totally agree with this. Prime never enjoys killing. He never tries to prolong the suffering of even insane genocidal maniacs. He looks at the gun with disgust after having to execute Sentinel. He never harms innocents.

Also, just because "freedom is the right of all sentient beings" does not mean that sentient beings can't or don't pay the price for their own actions. The way I see it Megatron and Sentinel reaped what they sowed. There are consequences for those who do evil actions. Optimus actually upholds his motto by defending those who live on Earth from the Decepticons who would destroy their lives and freedoms.

12. General Magnus

13. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Oh I agree. He's Optimus Prime to me. But for someone upset about it, they can just mentally add an asterisk. :) 

I've always said that if Decepticons attacked Earth, I'd pick movieverse Optimus to defend us humans over previous Optimus's every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

14. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People have an iconic view of the character after 30 or so years... you cant really blame them for shunning anything that goes against their expectations.

15. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Survivor of the Grey Hands War of 2019

Considering Optimus has a different personality with each iteration... yes. Yes you can.

16. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

There's literally nothing I can say that you and bellpeppers haven't said better than I would. All I can do is leave the following:

[​IMG]

17. tfmx8

News Credits:
    optimus prime can be compared to the cops in shows such as hunter. They pursue individuals hoping to put them in jail, knowing most peoples personalities dont usually change but they're often forced to shoot to kill,when they become lethal threats. Whats different about optimus prime even In g1 is he had no prison for the cons.because they were all marooned on earth. If he had access to cybertron they could be tried in court like animated and beast wars megatron. But that not being an option what ever quickly removes them from harming others is necesary

18. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Survivor of the Grey Hands War of 2019

Exactly. Prime isn't some kind of saint, and you can't expect him to be the "No killing" kind of hero. Wanna know what happened to all the Batman villains after they were arrested? They got out. Again, and again, and again, and again.

19. General Magnus

Each time with civilians being added as kill counts.

20. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Because the challenge is in the change. Also GEEWUN.