Why do people call DOTM's 3D "crap"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by thien425, Jun 24, 2014.

1. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

It was some of the best damn 3D I have ever seen. It added so much depth to the shots, I guess they were looking just for things to fly at their faces, because that's great 3D right? (It isn't) During the Chicago battle you could see embers, debris, and papers flying across the screen, and it just made you feel like you were there. From what I've heard the 3D in AOE is even better so I can not wait to see it in 3D. So much unnecessary hatred towards it, I just don't understand the negativity.

2. tfdude333

tfdude333 Well-Known Member

People just try so hard to find something wrong with the bay movies I always ignore those people.

3. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:
    It's great in 3D, it's just that all the action and stuff really strains your eyes, and gives you a major headache.

Really hard for me.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I still remember watching the Autobots fake their departure scene and accidentally mistook Shia DaBeef having his back to the camera for some guy deciding to stand up in front of me.

5. budkilmer

budkilmer Well-Known Member

3-D in DOTM is amazing. Unfortunately, the diving off the building and the guys flying around with the wings literally made me sick.

6. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Not really a big fan of 3D, but I would say DOTM along with Avatar, are the only 3D movies that have actually impressed me with their 3D. Not sure why people wouldn't like it. Maybe they just resent having to pay extra money, that I can understand!

7. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

DOTM was one of the most immersive 3D experiences I've ever had and nothing has come close to topping it since, which is sad considering it was way back in 2011. Most 3D movies these days I leave feeling cheated at the price and blatant lack of 3D. Left DOTM amazed. I still remember how awesome the floating pillars looked, Crankcase's claw swiping past the screen, Sentinels sword poking out of the screen and Optimus giving Shockwave a knuckle sandwich. Bay respected the technology, made full use of it, and it showed.

8. infiniti

infiniti Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was the best imax 3d experience for me before Gravity came. The fact that it was post-converted is impressive unlike marvel 3d film which are some of the worst 3d.

9. Catatronic

Catatronic Banned

The 3D was like watching 3 separate movies on top of each other. The first time I saw it I didn't like the movie at all. But I loved it the second time in 2D. So 3D just ain't for me.

10. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Chalk me up for a lover of the 3D in DOTM. By far the best live action 3D that I've seen so far.

11. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    DOTM was and still is the best 3D experience I ever had in a theater. No complaints here.

12. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

I think it has less to do with it being "crap 3D" than with "3D is crap."

I do not like 3D in my movies at all. I find it distracting, it obscures things, makes it harder to watch, and degrades the picture quality significantly. I don't really care if it looks like things are coming out of the screen, it's just a gimmick.

13. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because some people are just dicks that like to complain. The reality is Michael Bay used the same cameras that James Cameron used for Avatar. So the reality is it's actually some of the best 3D that has been done.

14. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

None of those problems were in DOTM, all it did was add depth to the picture, it wasn't just a gimmick throwing things at the screen, it brought you into the movie.

15. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    My favorite shot in DOTM in 3D is the shot of a Chicago street at night, directly following the Laserbeak attack at Sam's job (the shot of Sam's junky car pulling up to the secret NEST headquarters) -- the shot is so deep, you can see the screen "receding" several city blocks into the distance.
    Speaking of 3D . . . is there any 3D trailer for AOE yet (as in stereoscopic - not the one advertising 3D IMAX -- which is not 3D itself).

16. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cause they will bitch about anything no matter how unjustified?

DotM is one of three movies I actually felt the 3D was great, and added to the experience. Other two would be Avatar and Tron.

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I pretty much hate the movies now but one thing I will do is go to bat for DOTM's 3D. It was great and Bay's aggressive usage of 3D cameras really gives the picture quality high marks if you ask me. He's willing to get a little rough with them which is ballsy. That's about the only positives I'll give to Bay and the movies.

18. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Add me to the list of people who thought DOTM had some of the best 3D ever.

19. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Best movies presented in 3D in no particular order

Star Trek Into Darkness
    Transformers Dark of the Moon
    Hugo
    Titanic (3D post conversion re-release)

The 3D in AOE will be the best looking 3D ever put on the big screen

20. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I haven't heard many people complain about the use of 3D in DOTM, I guess some people just don't have a tolerance for the format.

I have a friend who loathes 3D, and thinks every 3D movie he sees has bad 3D. The films that he has seen include DOTM, Star Trek Into Darkness, and Avatar, which are my favorite uses of the format thus far.