why did the Apex Armor work in New Recruit

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by MTME, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Yes, this exactly.

Smokes' not only kicked Starscream, he phased him as well.
    Readers of X-men comics should be familiar with the technique because Kitty Pryde\Shadowcat has used it many times.

2. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

Heres a better question, how did Smokescreen know that Starscream had the Apex Armor when no one mentioned it? No amount of relic study can give you psyhic powers. But in answer to this question, the Phase shifter is properly like a Green Lantern ring, it does what you want it to do.

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THANK you. Read a fucking comic some time, kids. This is how phasing is USED EFFECTIVELY.

4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe Smokescreen was with Ratchet listening along to what was going on, and he said Starscream was there and Ratchet probably said something to the fact the he had the Apex Armor or something

yes in fact Optimus said "Starscream is here, aklso want sthe red energon and I fear he will not be deterred"

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Exactly.
    I think people are really stretching for things not to like about the show.
    One of the things I like about Prime is that it doesn't think it's audience is stupid.

It's not a far leap of logic to just know that Smokescreen was aware of Starscream and the Apex Armor. As you said, he was there with Ratchet and Ratchet was certainly aware.

Do we really need these lines?
    Oh no! It's Starscream with his Apex Armor. If only we had some way to stop Starscream who is invulnerable in his Apex Armor.

It's Transformers Prime not Dora the Explorer.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to mention Smokescreen never really says I MUST USE THE PHASE SHIFTER TO BEAT STARSCREAM AND HIS APEX ARMOR.

He heard over the comm link OPTIMUS FREAKING PRIME himself admiting a sole enemy was too much to take on, that is enough reason for him to seek the use of the edge-gaining weapon he was familiar with. Even if the enemy was a robot that didn't really need the armor to be a threat the Phase Shifter would've still been helpful.

7. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

My thought was Jack told Smokescreen about the Apex Armor and who had it when he was giving him the tour of the base.

I agree with what others have said. Smokescreen had knowledge of the Phase Shifter from his days within Iacon and knew how to use it.

8. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

This, Arcee stated that in Tunnel vision if I remember correctly. Also Starscream learned how to use it evidently & somehow found his way out of the ocean :lol 

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guess would be that there's a dummy setting to have it phase through things that aren't of Cybertronian origin or something, and yeah I dunno. It's a kid's show, not Mythbusters.

10. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    How could Starscream have learned to use it if he never had it in the first place?

11. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

that was the apex armor he used to crawl his way out of the ocean....not the phase shifter.

12. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so if the phase shifter can just be used as its user wants then when BB suddenly phased through the train before he even knew what the phase shifter was?? He had no control over the phase shifter right?

ANd no I'm not trying to find things to dislike about this show because I LOVE this show, it's just a qusetion I had

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I certainly didn't mean to imply you were looking for things to hate about the show. You were posing a question about the relics that invited cool sci-fi based discussions.

Some of the comments have me shaking my head though.

14. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

I figured it has a setting that allows multiple transformers to use it at once as long as they are in contact. It regestered Starscreams energy signature as soon as Smokescreen touched him and adjusted its field around him. It would make it a much more useful rescue tool or weapon to kidnap high ranking Decepticons.

15. Phantom6

Phantom6 Well-Known Member

Not really.

He KICKED Screamer out of the suit.

Bots wearing the phase shifter don't sink through the ground.

16. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    simple...he phased through the apex armor, made his foot solid to kick starsream, as his foot made contact with starcream he phased both of them through the back of the armor. any questions...see kitty pride from the x-men or vision from the avengers