Why did Rodimus Prime never use the double barreled trailer gun and rarely fight Galvy in S3?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jignat, Apr 19, 2021.

1. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

In my headcanon, Galvatron never thought Rodimus was worthy enough to be a longtime prime type rival. Despite even getting his ass whopped by him in TFTM. Galvatron probably favored fighting Ultra Magnus more because he had a long history fighting him as an efficient soldier. Also even though the sunbow cartoon never acknowledged Magnus being a literal white Optimus Prime beneath his armor, I like to imagine Galvatron would gain satisfaction in killing an Optimus doppelganger since the actual Optimus was dead.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  2. Dome Zero

Dome Zero "Collect and save, collect and save."

I've always assumed that season 3 was being produced before or at the same time as the toys were being designed. We never saw the trailer do anything because no one working on the show knew it could; they only had the model sheets to work off of because there was no toy for them to look at yet. I think this is also why Ultra Magnus is portrayed as more of a classical cartoon leader role and Galvatron's rival--his Diaclone toy already existed, it was a big toy, and part of it was a white Optimus Prime, so they felt more confident about his role. And they knew that Galvatron used to be Megatron, so there wasn't ambiguity about who was going to be the Decepticons' boss.

I don't have any evidence to back this up, it's just a suspicion I've always had.