Why did anyone want a Dinobot combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Megano, Nov 25, 2016.

?

Would you want a Dinobot combiner?

1. Yes i would like one

31 vote(s)
    44.3%
  2. No i wouldnt like one

39 vote(s)
    55.7%
  1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I just want a set of the 5 Dinobots in one line at the same time. Generations style not movies. I think that would be a miracle enough at this rate.

2. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

Dinosaur combiner, yes.
    Dinoking and Grimstone shows it can work.

Dinobots combiner, maybe.
    Depends on the execution.

3. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    I wouldn't want a Dinobot combiner. The idea of subset teams within each faction that are just special teams but not necessarily combiners appeals to me. I can understand the desire, especially for someone that was a child during the G1 days where every time a new team of 5 is introduced they end up being a combiner but your old favorite team of 5 still isn't. Maybe part of it my issue is that after the introduction episode combiner members seemed to get little individual screen time. (Don't know if that's actually true, but that's how it felt anyway.) That isn't exactly relevant to a modern release though.

I wouldn't be upset if it did happen though.

4. Titanium12

Titanium12 Active Member

I guess I changed my mind. It would not be of their own decision but rather be some kind of Shockwave experiment to turn them into a giant combiner (controlled by him yet somehow it would fail and they would get free) They may not form it very often but it could be cool for sometimes when things get really rough, when they have to get over their pride to be able to beat the enemy. And I still think the toy would be very cool.

5. Driskull98

Driskull98 Icon by @Bugbrainzart on Twitter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Dinobots aren't a combiner team, there's no reason for a Dinobot combiner.

6. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

Hot Rod, Scourge, Blurr, Blaster, Soundwave, Megatron, Optimus Prime, etc. aren't Headmasters. There's no reason to make figures of them as Headmasters.

Wait...

7. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

There is if you have a line focused on Headmasters and want to celebrate the anniversary or the Movie at the same time.

8. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I never had the chance to read the Marvel comics, so I'm not aware.

But this sounds good to me! :thumb 

9. Xabungle

Xabungle Well-Known Member

In Marvel's UK stories, Swoop has previously been known as Divebomb. Predacon Divebomb took the name as part of their aerial rivalry. In taking the name Swoop, the future Dinobot was - in a way - defeated. (In being unable to beat Predacon Divebomb without the intervention of Prime he was more literally defeated.)
    This story sprang from the fact that Divebomb was one of the names first considered for Swoop, and the name made it into story bibles and such.

"The Beast Within" has more than one strike against, in my opinion. Not only was the story stereotypically grimdark, but there was an absolutely epic thread on these boards when the author responded to criticism, eventually going into posting meltdown. It's not a great story, but I'm not aware of any other fans turned writers who descend in to name calling on the boards when critics and trolls do their thing.
    The thread in question.

10. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I remember reading in the old Transformers catalogs that the Dinobots combined into Dynamo, but after looking at it again as an adult, I misread their description. Anyway,
    I wouldn't want a Dinobot combiner because not ever sub-faction needs to be one. If we make the Dinobots combiners, why not go all the way and make the Triggercons or the Sparkabots combiners?