Why did anyone want a Dinobot combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Megano, Nov 25, 2016.

?

Would you want a Dinobot combiner?

1. Yes i would like one

31 vote(s)
    44.3%
  2. No i wouldnt like one

39 vote(s)
    55.7%
  1. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

I don't have any use for the concept myself, but that doesn't mean I'm against it.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Maybe he did, but there is no way that he could have designed it and said "yeah, this is a design that people will like and respect".

I've repurposed this story as being a dream sequence in the Marvel UK story "Victory!" At the end of the Marvel story, the Dinobots are dreaming that they go back to war, and in the next story they wake up. I have The Beast Within story as being the final dream that the Dinobots have and that becoming their combined form is the necessary push that snaps them out of their dream.

3. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

That's a nice interpretation. I like it. Certainly helps it to fit into a preexisting continuity.

Though it's not like everyone who makes something takes a second look to judge on whether or not people will find it terrible or not. If that was the case, things like Supreme Cheetor or the Combiner Wars web series wouldn't have been released for the fans to "enjoy."

The author's defense was that the comic was understandable for people who don't expect exposition, and how his limited page number made the incoherence in writing inevitable. Obviously, he's been proven wrong by countless writers.

4. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    if a combiner is the only way we'll ever see the dinobots get modern toys, then sure sign me up.

granted i'd rather see a new batch of dinobots as a combiner team, not grimlock and co.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Megano

Megano Well-Known Member

Interesting views, this could be possible ANYWAY, Personally i only really liked the PCC version e-e

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    This right here. I'd be on board for this, especially since by necessity there'd only be one voyager.

7. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ehhhhh....... my ideal Dinobot setup is Deluxe Swoop, Voyager Grimlock, Slag, and Snarl, Leader class Sludge. So i'd reckon that with that layout they'd need to be sold as A Devastator style Titan Boxset.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

This... As a Beast Wars fan knowing the Predacons got their name from the G1 Predacons but there are no G1 Maximals. I keep thinking what a G1 style Maximal team would even be if they were combiners like Predaking. And since I think they have to be animals, the Dinobots are always the first group that comes to mind.

9. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

I like the idea that the Dinobots are so damn powerful as a team that they don't need to combine. I wouldn't be crying over a combiner team, and if the bots are cool on their own without sacrificing much just to form an arm, leg, or body then awesome, but IMO it's not necessary for these characters.

• Like Like x 3
  10. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

I would go with a strong meh, don't really want one but if they made a cool one I would be fine with it.

11. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:
    What would they turn into?

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Both the 3rd party one look too much like Grinlock wearing the other Dinobots as limbs...I'd rather see a different take on them (maybe have Slags Dino head on the chest like Predaking...)

13. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Meh. I wouldn't mind seeing a Dinobot Combiner but I can do without it.

14. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. I always though that making them into a combiner team took something unique away from them: That they were tough enough to take on a Combiner without needing to be one.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Only if its Grimstone.

Fuck The Beast.

16. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

I think the big reason is because it would finally mean the whole crew released all at once for the first time since the originals. No having to sub different lines and 3rd parties to make a team

• Like Like x 1
  17. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Combiner Wars is the only reason we got SkyLynx at retail, in my humble opinion. If Hasbro thought the only way to get the Dinos on the shelves was to make them a combiner and the possible mold mates to the beast combiners we're missing, then that's how they'd hit the shelves. And like I said before, as long as there's an official release that actually fits the CHUG aesthetic, I don't give two flips what the gimmick is. I don't need slavish following of G1

18. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf Mushroom Samba

The idea of a Dion bot combiner has always been cool to me.

just don't make it like the one in the Beast within.

19. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

A giant robot.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

So the original G1 Dinobot group shouldn't become a combiner. They're awesome and iconic as it is. A combined mode/figure would diminish the individual figures and also be diminished combined mode. Plus, it just seems very similar to Predaking. And Predaking is perfect. The non-combining G1 Dinobots are perfect. Sometimes these ideas sound exciting at first but when you really think about it, they're not. That's just my opinion.

Not everything needs to combine. The G1 figures are perfect as is (IMO). Some 3P company made a combining Dinobot team which looked really great (had lousy stability/posability) but I still wasn't a big fan of it, despite the fun design.