why classic universe ultra class?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mat`amit, Aug 13, 2008.

1. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    sorry if there is already a thread for this but couldn'd find it.
    just wondering why :
    1) they chose poweglide, onslaught and silverbolt as ultra class? are there any specific reasons?
    2) both silverbolt and onslaught suppose to be the leaders of the arielbots and combaticons? or are they different characters?
    3) are they going to make the rest of the teams that can combine to become superion and bruticus?

2. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

1) Hasbro=random
    2) Yes they are the G1 Special Teams Leaders.
    3) There are no plans as of now.

3. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

they probly put powerglide because they figured no plane is the same size as a VW bug. onslaught is supposed to be a big effen squad tank thingy and silverbolt is a plane so they're too big to combine, i guess. they probly won't make combiner sets cuz that'd make them huge (that would be cool though). its just hasbro bein hasbro (i don't like it either. i don't plan on getting any of the ultras or voyagers for that matter)

4. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Because they can.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think it's mostly that in the early development stages they look for vehicle types which would be fun to play with having electronic lights and sounds and such, and go with characters that fit the forms.

Of course, you'd THINK something like Galvatron would be a great idea for a big kid-friendly toy with electronic lights and noise, but... :p 

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  6. Mirage_26

Mirage_26 Well-Known Member

This is exactly the reason I won't be getting Galvatron the amazing shrinking robot!

7. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    1.) Powerglide no clue as to why, barring the fact they haven't done a plane like that in that scale before. Onslaught and Silverbolt seem to be to make all the gestalt leaders larger since there are no plans currently to do the full on teams or combi's. Though it's still possible with how they transform, it'd take some thinking to make the limbs that would match up and still be cost effective. (Limited repaint options.)

2.) Same characters, just no plans for gestalts as of yet. (Various reasons behind this, probably including the limited interest in the Energon gestalts, though that was their own fault for releasing half scouts to build them, then months later the other half. That was frustrating as all hell for collectors and kids alike! And the limited amount of reuse/repainting they could do with new molds.)

3.) No plans for right now, but if financial means permit, or they find a way to make them work while being cost effective and allowing for multi-use of the molds for other figures, maybe in the future.

4.) Many of us wanted a deluxe Galvatron, since he's in scale to G2 Megatron, Hot Rod, Titanium Rodimus, and titanium Ultramagnus among other various reasons.

In another forum I went kinda indepth with how they could have done it. ( http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/2299131-post15.html ) But alas, that hadn't crossed their minds as being cost effective, or feasible at this point in time. Though personally I just think that's double speak for 'we don wanna, cause a line we release screwed showed us the sales aren't as good as the fans promised.'

8. Nemesis_Prime22

Nemesis_Prime22 Dark Emperor

1) Because I believe the theme theyre running on is gestault leaders, and they want to portray them in a better way(and therefore better size) than their G1 counterparts.
    2) See above post
    3) No, probably not.