Why aren't there any other 3rd Party MP cassettes?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Gojira101, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Gojira101

Gojira101 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Aside from KFC whom leave one wanting, why aren't there more original MP cassettes. I'll take something as simple as a snake with guns at this point. Just give me maybe a little diecast here and there. A scorpion perhaps, an elephant, jet, tank, gorilla, ship or whatever. I'm game for anything.

Heck I'd even support Fans Toys or anyone at this point other than KFC's, it's not like you'd have stiff competition at all. Let's be honest they only cornered that market because there's a lack of competition. Then when your exhausted there give us some Breastforce or something. Maybe some original designs too, just go crazy in the end. Please let someone hear my plea because Soundwave and friends could use some new playmates.

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not what you want to hear, I know, but I had heard KFC is revamping their cassette line to make it more in line with the style of MP. Consider their old cassettes more CHUG cassettes. Guys like HiFi and Fader are the newer style that are closer to MP.

3. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MMC is doing Ravage. If that goes well maybe they will do more.

4. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

I'd definitely be into high-quality cassette bots...

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    True, though it's way too big to go into MP Soundwave.

6. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just look at it as the opposite end of mass shifting then what we normally get. I have plenty of cassettes to stuff into Soundwave, I could use cassettes worth displaying in non-cassette mode.

7. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

You can't sell a cassette bot for $60-80 bucks, and it can take just as much work to design.

Also, smaller means more fragile, and when you've been roasted over for coals over legit (or unreasonable) QC issues, you might say screw that small, fiddly crap.

I'll admit pre-emptively that this joke is pretty crass but I find the setup irresistible and have no ill-feelings if it gets modded.

Well Ravage is a black Decepticon after all.

8. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that I really think about it, Soundwave can only fit 3 cassettes anyway. I got Hasbro MP and KO Ratbat. That is plenty for my needs. For most (I won't presume to say everyone) other people I think they just need some with the right color for deploying shots. It has been one of the biggest weaknesses of cassette bots that they are constrained by the feature of fitting Soundwave and Blaster. It would be nice to have one set of the cassette figures that don't worry about that, like MMC's Ravage.

I actually feel the same way about combiner figures. I would love to have 1 set of them come out without the combining ability to just focus on great individual bots.

9. robh

robh Decepticon

Ravage does look bad ass. I'm starting to lean towards liking the size too.

10. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    Tomservo did a few new designs. There was a rat and scorpion that looks to be down though.

Tom Servo's Used Robots by tomservo - Shapeways Shops

Whodagoose did some nice work on these too. Only did maybe 5-6 runs of each figure though. Was before 3d printers I believe. So he cast himself.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ttes-raptor-sea-turtle-casting-3-auction.html

There also this interesting one off design

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...057711-making-soundwaves-custom-cassette.html

Eagle also did a swoop cassette that had a nice little run. He also did the steeljaw and ramhorn mold that KFC later used. Steel jaw and ram horn only had a limited run and wer unpainted.

Eagle’s ESW – Fall of Cybertron Cassette SWOOP! | Pax Cybertron

Also company a few years ago called BTS released a few cassettes. They never really did it for me though. Hope info helps. But yeah would love seeing more and more designs. So far I think TomServo has done the most original concepts/designs, all just my personal opinion. Always loved what Eagle did too, loved that steel jaw and swoop - two of my favorite molds. Still love what KFC is doing with cassettes. Have all except a few of the newer ones. Can't have enough cassettes....

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The KFC Eject/Rewind mold is utter perfection. Fader is great. The rest could use a second chance.

12. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Seconded.

13. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Well it'd be hard to track them down, but iGear & TFC(?) did their own takes on Autoscout. While certainly more simplistic, of the 3, I prefer the iGear version. It gets the colors right, and also doesn't have one side looking like a cassette & the other for bot mode.

14. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

I'd love to see some other 3rd party company take on Ravage.

I thought the MP Laserbeak is FLAWLESS (and MP Soundwave himself is damned amazing), I couldn't even have imagined it turning out that well, but their Ravage always left a lot to be desired.

15. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Agreed on that point. I love how Ravage's transformation keeps everything symmetrical, but the resulting robot mode doesn't fully capture the cartoon's look.

I do think if somehow he had a different headsculpt, that's all the figure really would have needed. Something with a jaw that can open & close, as well as a more too accurate face.

I know Fanstoys had a Ravage design in the pike, but as I recall we only saw the silhouette of it. Maybe we'll see it in full one day.

Also, slightly on the subject, I just remembered some other 3rd party tapes. Specifically the ones that were meant to go with Sonicron. BTS Toys(?) made them. Can't comment on their quality, but if really interested they are another 3rd party tape figure.

16. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I would like to see a 3P tackle Slugfest and Overkill. I have KFC's version, but the size is a little small for me. I wouldn't mind them just a tad bit larger, like at least the size of Ocular Max's upcoming Ravage.

17. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the screws on the tape face just killed that mold for me. Also I know they come with multiple heads, but if there is one I like I haven't seen it yet. I'm still waiting for my first Autobot MP Cassette to be created.

Just keep transforming Overkill, it should get bigger eventually. He just has a flaw in his circuits that prevents him from regaining all of his size when he returns to "bot" mode sometimes. Based on the wording I assume that means it works sometimes.

18. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

A real cassette tape has screws and screw holes on it.

19. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Lmfao .. Wonder if anyone caught that >__>

20. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Word.
    [​IMG]

I dig their Ramhorn and Steeljaw too.