Why are we hating on Transformers 4? (already)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fallen_revenge, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Trust me, these are things that Overlord would never, ever do. This guy is all about the bloodsports, hunting, mass graves, torture and genocide with all the theatricality of a comic opera. He is a grade A, certifiable nutcase and he likes it that way. Megatron has a goal, Overlord just loves to kill dudes.

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Each film had focus on the humans if he cannot do the other films right then how can we expect the fourth Transformers film to be what 'us' the fans deserve.

Lets not forget that Bay was the one who made it so DOTM killed off Megatron because he said he wasnt going to do another seeing as there was no way to make it work as anything other than a reboot - yet we get a sequel.

Oh and lets also remember how Bay constantly has lied and made promises to fans of the Transformers and other franchise in order to get them to watch the film - this includes the recent Ninja Turtles remake where Bay changed them to aliens and misnamed half the characters with April and Casey being the main characters - Bay cannot be trusted.

Nothing Michael Bay has done has been what the fans wanted other than the inclusion of Shockwave and that was forced upon him by Hasbro. Did you know for example Bay intended Sentinel Prime in DOTM to be Ultra Magnus? (A complete change of what the character is)

Simply put, Michael Bay has never done anything in the interest of the fans - why should we trust him to give us a good fourth film in a series he has already made a mockery of.

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    There are those who are quick to hate it before it starts and declare it a fail;

But on the flip side, there are those who are just as quick to love it before it starts and declare it the best thing ever.

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    You two are as bad as one another.

5. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

Don't forget prime! (If you're into it, but considering you hadn't mentioned it, you aren't.)

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Even with the humans it felt like the movies had a tough time with a focused story for the humans instead just sort of jumping from character to character almost on a whim. Sometimes it felt like several disjointed human stories going on at once and then an attempt at the end to smash all the various stories into one story.

People complain about robots that just disappear from the film universe but there are human characters that just get dropped as well since Maggie Madsen seemed like an important character in the first movie and she was liked by the fans only to completely disappear.

7. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Yeah let's totally have them use a villain that nobody knows or gives two shits about. That'll rake in LOADS of money.....

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Hey now, if they can make a $2.6 billion trilogy consisting of poor pacing, awful toilet humour and confusing/contradicting plots, then I don't think "using a lesser known villain" can hurt their chances of repeating that financial success. :lol 

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There is no Overlord but Overlord and Mega and Giga are his Powermasters.

10. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I think we're all still too close to the forest to see the trees. Everytime I went to see all three films in theatres people laughed and had a really good time. Some crowds cheered at the end at different screenings. I don't ever remember seeing that.

I think "hating" on the transformers movies is now fashionable, as I see even celebrities or tv "personalities" (whatever you call them) calling those movies terrible, as if they knew a single transformer besides Bumblebee or Prime.

Many of us, and not just TF fans, don't make our own opinions, we simply copy whats fashionable. Whether or not we actually like a film, we think it's cool to hate it.

I personally don't really care one way or another. I'm just glad another film is coming. These movies pump fresh energy into the TF universe. Do you really think TF: Animated, TF Prime, WFC, or FOC would have been made had the trilogy not existed? I'd say it's questionable.

As far as I'm concerned, these movies are 50% of the fight when it comes to seeing new material made for the TF universe. I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, but there are FAR worse outcomes that could have come from the trilogy.

11. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Haha yeah but at least classic characters were in it.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yeah, what was that robot movie several years back that introduced some bad guy called 'Megatron' to the general public who had never heard of him before? I'd probably find it easier to remember if that film hadn't bombed so badly and the movie franchise of it quickly vanished without any sequels or anything to follow...

Like I already said just a few pages back concerning an exact same baseless claim as yours:
    If the success of any movie is predicated on people knowing about who the bad guy is beforehand then all movies that introduce a new character, bad guy or otherwise, would utterly fail. Who was that Darth Vader guy in that space movie? Never heard of him before. So that movie will undoubtably fail because of it.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Agreed.

Tragic - Darth Vader, complete monster - Palpatine.

I think tragic works for a forefront antagonist but evil for the ultimate big bad.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to have to disagree.

We had so many cartoon series and toy lines between G1 and the live action movies that I don't think having more Transformers ever depended on having a live action movie. The movie might have gained the attention of adults but kids where still playing with things like the Transformers Cybertron figures long before there was word of a live action film.

It's really hard to find any of the 80's cartoons that have been on the air in some way and been on toy shelves for a long as Transformers. While many brands faded away Transformers remained.

When Dark of the Moon made less money in the US than Revenge of the Fallen it kind of says that maybe all that making fun of the Transformers film series is having a toll.

I'm also going to disagree that people only "hate" the movies because it's the cool thing to do. When famous people trash the film they are just tapping into the feelings that people already had.

15. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

On the tragic villain thing, I also think you guys are mixing things up, a villain can be both tragic and completely batshit insane without having a noble side.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    So long as you can find a way to make him sympathetic to the audience, yes. Of course, subtlety of that kind is not exactly something the Bay films have been good at.

17. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Possibly, but I could argue FOC, WFC, and Prime would not have been made. I don't think it's possible for us to truly recognize how large the new fanbase is from the movie-verse. Just look at this forum section, filled with many new fans that otherwise would not have cared about TF. If you're implying the A/E/C series' were keeping transformers alive, I think most would argue they were a decline in material for transformers in general.

I think Animated is absolutely amazing, and I have yet to see the entire series. However, the dynamic to Animated certainly flowed from the dynamic set forth from the movie trilogy, to some degree.

I think it will take years, and multiple new movies, for the entire fanbase to recognize and grasp what Michael Bay did for transformers. I'm not saying what he did was good or bad, I'm just saying it's a massive contribution that can't be ignored.

18. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Well, there is DOTM-Megatron and Sentinel Prime...

19. TheSwipe95

TheSwipe95 TheSwipe95

News Credits:
    Sorry, I'm not the best with words. What I mean by it is I hear more 'hate' than 'love' for the movies is all.

20. TheSwipe95

TheSwipe95 TheSwipe95

News Credits:
    I'm not the best with words, I'm afraid. Like I quoted to before, what I meant by it is that I hear/see more 'hate' than 'love' for the films. It just SEEMS to me like I'm part of a minority sometimes.