Why are we hating on Transformers 4? (already)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fallen_revenge, Aug 28, 2012.

1. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

Fixed that for you :) 

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I agree with you, but I have always said villany is not so "simplistic" like that. A well-intentioned Tragic Villain [see Sentinel Prime, who has been surprisingly well-received by the fanbase] can work just as well as a Completely batshit insane psychopath one.

But yes, I do agree, it would be nice to have a Chaotic Evil decepticon.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If we could get something like Laserbeak evil it would be nice. We often heard about how evil the Decepticons were, but sometimes they just didn't feel that evil. You get to Laserbeak and it's not just saying he's evil they crafted some good scenes that make him the most evil Decepticon in the series. Just something more evil about taking it down to the personal level instead of I'm going to kill Sam, some soldiers, or take out the Earth because I don't care about the place.

4. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Balder's about to loose his shit on you son. Believe you me, you ain't got no hope of winning that battle.

5. Overlord Balder

Well, I think the Decepticons were definitely vicious in the movies [though I think that's because they can kill people off, unlike most animated series]. Case in point? Attack in Chicago. That was some straight out brutal stuff.

I think you remember Laserbeak that way not exactly because he was vicious, but because he was disturbing, the movie really made an effort to make this character scary [See the "Kill 'em all" scene], giving him a Serial Killer-esque vibe.

Oh and that whole thing about him probably having murdered a child..

I am a merciful person, I shall spare him from my BIBLICAL WRATH!

Now go, peasent, and don't bother thy king again!

6. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, I, uh, er...*cough*

No comment.

Unless you pick the Spy class and put the knife in his back at every opportunity(ie:whenever he's alive).[/teamfortress2joke]

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Trust me, I do this all the time, it works. Usually.

8. Overlord Balder

Don't make me destroy both of you.

9. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Junkion

News Credits:
    Who said all of us are "hating"? But I agree, people should start judging until theres a trailer or at least some real pictures..

10. butchrecon72

butchrecon72 Well-Known Member

One mans version of Transfomrers Lore. Its entertainment. I rather enjoyed the movies.

11. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    This..

Look, Bay did a pretty good job but he only gives a few robots a time to shine. While the rest just sit in the backround and mumble a few words and they either die or they are cut from the movie (Jolt, the Twins) or some don't even talk at all (Jolt, Topspin) which annoys me.

The 4th movie Ill most likely see, but I'm not excited for it unfortunately..

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Same here.

13. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'll just be happy to see some stuff blow up and watch robots rip each other apart, even it costs me 15$ and an hour and a half of irritating dialogue.

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    As I understand it, Overlord was based a little on John Simm's incarnation of The Master from Dr. Who (or at least according to Roberts, thats who he sounds like) and his whole motivation was basically being as evil (moustache twirlingly so) as possible so that Megatron would come and try to kill him.

Of course we could borrow this, and indeed the movie could start on Garrus-9 or some other forgotten Autobot outpost that Overlord has turned into his torturer's playpen and he hears the news: Megatron is dead. This angers him and he gathers his army to go and glass the planet Earth and the Autobots who robbed him of his prize. So yeah, no scheme to re-energise Cybertron: he's out to do what a Phase Sixer does best: genocide planets.

One advantage to this is that we can grab some of the G2 characters like Stalker, Sky Quake, Snare and the other Predators and give them some larger exposure.

15. Overlord Balder

That and Caligula [in both physical appearence and personality], which accounts for his sadistic streak and "batshit insane tyrant" thing.

Adding to that, we could have a new Autobot who escaped out of Garrus-9.
    Hell, we could even have their main objective being freeing everyone from Garrus-9.

Good opportunity as well.

16. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I'm in it for the toys. as long as the TF4 toys are decent,i'll be happy.

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Y'see, I'm a bit bored with tragic villians, where they're only bad guys because something bad happened to them or they've had to take that route because they felt it was the only way to achieve their noble ends. There are lots of people in the world who are just bastards because they're uncaring and selfish shits and if it wasn't for the law and the possibility of being locked up and left to pick up the soap in the shower would happily stab people in the face anytime they annoyed them.

These days bad guys all seem to have to need something good or noble at their core and while it was good wriring fodder for a while it's kinda lame to me now that the bad guy must also have an element to them where they're just misunderstood or misguided or whatever. Bad guys having a 'grey area' can sometimes make them lose their evil edge. The moment I hear anything along the lines of 'I became this way because *something* happened to me and it's all your fault' the bad guy tends to lose his threat a bit because he's revealed he was weak at one point and he's not doing *whatever* because he's proper evil, but because somebody kicked his puppy once or sent him to bed with no supper and we're supposed to feel sympathy or pity for him as he sets fire to the elderly. 'He's evil, but - Awwwww - it's not his fault, bless him'.

For once these days I just want a bad guy that simply decides 'I want to rule this place because everyone else is weak and I like killing stuff' or 'That place is nicer than my place so I'm going to just take it and stamp on the owner's balls if they try to stop me'. It may be considered a one-dimensional character but not every big bad guy has to have some grand deeper motive for their nasty actions.

Megatron got by fine for years on just 'I'm going to rebuild my planet into a giant roaming weapon and attack shit and rule it all'. Now he's a once-downtrodden miner that fought back and wanted to take over to make things better (peace through tyranny) and then lost his way.

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well Overlord fits that idea like a glove.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Bring him on then. As long as they don't then have him cry after ever kill or yell 'This is for poor dead Fluffy'' as he rushes into battle.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I agree the occasional tragic villain like Magneto is okay. But it seems like Hollywood has gone overboard with the concept.

We also need just down right evil characters with no good in them like Joker from the Dark Knight. A great movie villain, because he doesn't want money, he doesn't want righteous revenge, or any of that mess, he just wants to watch the world burn because he's evil to his core.