Why are we hating on Transformers 4? (already)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fallen_revenge, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :D  I think that sums it up....

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

According to this story Michael Bay's leaked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles script is full of bad ideas and other places that got a look at the leaked script it was confirmed the Turtles were going to be aliens. Alien turtles just seems to be the tip of the iceberg when it comes to bad ideas that were crammed in there to make it nothing like the Turtles people would remember from their childhood.

Turtle co-creator Peter Laird said
    I'm thinking Turtle fans really dodged a bullet this time since the changes to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was going to be so great it would make the live action Transformers movies seem like G1 by comparison.

3. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    You're kidding me right? You are pretty much saying that it's ok to kill off let's say...a cool stereotype (Jazz), but it's ok because they replaced him with Skidz and Mudflap. Yaaay! And considering that Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave, and Soundwave are possibly THE four most popular Decepticons.... and who doesn't like Ironhide?

EDIT: And just like the guy above me said, Bay is pretty darn good at "making franchises his own". The only movie of his that was ok was an original movie and not rape of a franchise.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

That whole script is actually unconffirmed to be official, or even something else that a random first draft that looks nothing like the final movie [see Avengers].

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    No, Bass is saying that's how characters are APPROACHED in the films, not that it's a good thing to do in a general sense. I know that doing so ties into a number of the biggest issues people had with the Bay trilogy, so I think he's being critical of that attitude.

6. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Yeah in general it's already bad enough. But taking out the main villains isn't doing any good either.

7. Overlord Balder

There are other villains...Unicron, Straxus, Overlord?

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    But can Hasbro be able to bank of them? (Unicron probably) but Straxus and Overlord haven't made their ways to the cartoons yet.

9. Overlord Balder

We can only have faith my friend, we can only have faith.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Considering we're always told that TF fans that already know of these characters account for so little of the movie ticket take compared to the general audience I don't see using a character that's not so well-known as being much of a hurdle. If you take all the people that went to see the first BayFormers movie knowing nothing about the characters beforehand then them encountering Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee and so on for the first time didn't seem to harm things any. And when you think about it Bumblebee hadn't had much of any exposure since G1 and now he's one of the poster boys for the movie franchise and the first movie featured him heavily. If the requirement for using a particular character in these movies is that he has to have been decently known beforehand then Bumblebee really shouldn't have been in the movie at all. He was almost Hot Shot at one point, who at the time of the first movie was a much better known character to more recent TF fans than Bumblebee was.

The movies are not only for promoting toys of long-established characters but also for making bigger names of lesser known ones or even brand new ones, so in that regard it's a perfect forum for using guys like Overlord and Straxus and introducing them to a wider world.

And when it all comes down to it is introducing a barely-known TF character as the new villain going to cause the movie to bomb or really affect it negatively in some way? I seriously doubt it.

11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    My only objection to using Overlord is that I really don't think the movie's backers would let the writers really let Overlord cut loose. The guy is a raving, sociopathic sadist and lacks a grand plan or overarching desire other than to fight Megatron to the death.

I mean he's as good a guy as any to use, I just don't think they'll let us have the complete 'Overlord experience'.

12. Ash from Carolina

Yes but when have the movies ever been bothered by how characters used to act in the Marvel comic books or on the G1 cartoon? Just take Bumblebee, he used to be a little VW who was brave but not much in a fight, now he's a sports car robotic version of GI Joe's Snake Eyes that can act as a one bot army.

If we get Overlord it will be likely that the only thing we will get is the name. The look is likely be designed by someone who's never seen a drawing of Overlord before and the production team will likely feel like they are above reading old comic books.

13. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

Oh please, it's just going to be another Megatron resurrection and then the movie will go on the same way as it has for the last three of them, only with a different human cast taking up the running time.

You KNOW you know it, don't even try to think it'll be different this time.

14. TheSwipe95

TheSwipe95 TheSwipe95

News Credits:
    I think I might actually be one of the few people out there who actually ENJOYS the movies. First one was great, second was a bit of a let down, but the third, IMO, is the best yet! Why can't anyone give TF4 a chance? Just because the previous three weren't good "in your eyes", doesn't mean the fourth one will be. Give it a chance!

15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure if we saw Overlord, Michael Bay would make him the "Florist of Cybertron"...

16. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Don't pull that one of the few bullshit. People obviously enjoyed them or they wouldn't have made such mad bank: some of us just feel (some more passionate than others) that they need a shift in character focus and tighter writing

17. Ash from Carolina

I'm going to have to disagree about the whole "one of the few people out there who actually enjoys the movies" thing. We have plenty of people who post here who feel like they got exactly what they wanted out of the movies and really enjoyed the film series. If people where completely honest I'm sure everyone here knows someone who enjoyed the movies even if something kept them from enjoying the films themselves.

Plus it's way too optimistic to say if you were disappointed three times in a row that a fourth time will magically turn everything around for you. If someone got kicked in the tender bits three times in a row it's not likely they will like getting kicked in the tender bits a fourth time just because the person doing the kicking is wearing different socks this time with the steel toed boots.

18. Overlord Balder

I think both Gordon, I think they do need improvement in various areas, but that they're already pretty damn good as they are.

I think otherwise, see, the movies have a love for sociopathic mass-murderers [Megatron in TF1, Laserbeak in DOTM]. Megatron had something of a justification [wanting to revive Cybertron], but the first movie made pretty clear he was going to wipe out Earth for very little reason other than "For the lulz". Laserbeak then, could be named Overlord's pet. The damn thing just loves to kill. No justification. at all.

You can put The Fallen in there to, his plan was to destroy Earth. Not much else [you can see how he really doesn't give a flying fuck to any of Megatron's "Save Cybertron" stuff when they talk, he just brushes that aside and talks about revenge].

So Overlord would be a logical next step for the movies [though maybe not, considering Sentinel Prime was a Tragic Villain Well-Intentioned-Extremist].

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Let's have a villian be an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole. Sometimes bad guys don't need a big justification like revenge or going about a possibly good/noble thing but in a very bad way, or even just wants more power. A bad guy who wants nothing but to do shitty things for the sake of it is scary simply because he's not got an agenda that can be reasoned with. Time for a proper 'evil' Decepticon.

20. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Like an evil Decepticon survivor living deep in the jungles of Africa who has risen to the ranks of 'leader' and works with human terrorists to make/sell anti-Cybertronian weapons purely for the sake of wiping out the Autobots for good? :D 

</whoringoutmypersonalwish>