Why are legends scale so expensive?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MonsterMash, May 27, 2020.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, sort of. They've seen what collectors will pay so they've upped the complexity of their figures and are charging more accordingly. I like it well enough but I'd prefer they stick as close to that $30 per figure mark as possible. When they start getting into $45 territory, I feel like I could live with simpler figures.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mold costs are simply the easiest thing to focus on in these sorts of discussions.

Like, heaven forbid the people who spend a ~year of their time designing and developing these things actually get paid for that time or anything.

KO outfits can run smaller margins because they're cutthroat and cheap. They do practically none of the R&D work themselves, so there's little overhead in that regard. They can afford to be sloppier with their construction, so they can use sub-standard molds. Or better yet, just steal the molds from someone else.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Meekutron

Meekutron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Think mass production just like fast food chains. Legends figures aren't fastfood. Now to order some burgers

• Like Like x 1
  4. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Completely agreed

That said, I do think that even taking this into consideration, a company like IF is sometimes too expensive compared to other Legends producing companies. But since IF figures are very often in high demand, it does make sense.

Last edited: May 28, 2020