Why all the hate on Ehren Kruger?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

Let's have James Gunn and James Roberts take over. At least they 'get' Transformers, instead of turning Optimus Prime into Dirty Harry.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

Goddamnit, I admit I would pay full price for a movie ticket just to hear Optimus Prime say "Do you feel lucky, punk?"

3. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Were you not impressed with Ironhide? :) 

4. starscream1234

starscream1234 Well-Known Member

I just didn't like that Ratchet died, even though it was the most emotional scene in all the 4 films. I also don't see how Megatron survived, but no other deceptions did. Why didn't they use Starscream's immortal spark like the other generations have?

5. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Ratchet's death was purely to invoke upon Optimus' anger with humanity.

Megatron survived by, well, seeing as though it's brought up a lot, Scalpel put the Allspark shard on Megatron's head in ROTF?

They didn't have to use Starscream's immortal spark. It wasn't used in TFP and it looks like it most definitely won't be used in RID 2015, but time will tell.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    He did just fine on DoTM. AoE however was a complete inexcusable mess. RoTF quality horrible.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

Yeah. You totally should have written the films, if the fact your comic versions were better than the actual films :lol 

8. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    In all fairness (and I'm not using this as an excuse) the apes were all mo-capped which makes the film-making process easier whereas all of the Transformers' actions have to be physically made and animated which more of a time-consuming process than applying CGI over a human model.

Bare in mind that if making a full CGI movie, there has to be a lot of detail added into make characters alive; they have mannerism for example which is easy to mo-cap but difficult to create from scratch.

9. grindcore138

grindcore138 Strong children! Childlike fish! Seacons!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I keep seeing this "Transformers don't use mo-cap so the CGI is harder/more expensive to make" but does motion capture actually make any difference in terms of time, difficulty and money?
    I don't have a massive understanding of how it all works, but just looking at behind the scenes stuff of various movies, it's pretty clear there's just a teensy bit more work behind motion-capture than "put character model on actors movements". There's still designing the 3D models, which of course need to be designed with movement in mind, which I can't imagine is all that different to designing one that's to be animated from scratch. Then there's manipulating features/size to suit whatever is meant to be shown on screen; tweaking movements that might not be natural/exact for whatever is meant to be being portrayed, ala Groot; The Hulk; Apes etc. Also, paying the actors, and probably a ton of stuff I know nothing of.

If anyone's properly clued up on this I'd be intrigued to find out what the differences are between the two beyond the obvious.

10. MegsLITTLE

MegsLITTLE Autobot soldier

Because he is a bad story teller period; he has these creators in the fourth after the transformers were explained in the other movies how they were created. I am passing on any more movies until Hasbro gets their act together with who is handling these movies.

11. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Hold on it was mentioned the Allspark is how their race was born not who created them.

Epps: If God made us in his image who made them?

If you have this complaint then you'd be disappointed on G1 cartoon origins which is pretty much the same. Vector sigma was the means that gave Transformers life but they had creators that showed up later, the Quintessons.

12. TheYearIs2005

TheYearIs2005 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

People bring up CGI costs as a way to defend the amount of screentime that the Transformers have, however Ehren and Paramount on more than one occasion have said these films are from a human perspective hence why Transformers don't have enough screentime.

- AOE had a estimated production cost of $210M
    - Pacific Rim of around $190M

So in hindsight Costs have got nothing to do with it, If they wanted to they could easily make a film with Transformers as the lead characters, but that is not their direction.

13. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Points to debate here:

1 - If that was right then he would have learnt of S7 and Project Iceman. It was contrived to enable a spy ring and make a Con-Human connection. The sad thing is the tie-in media do their best to smooth things over but don't really succeed.

4 - I think Sentinel was older than Megatron, since he predated him and Optimus.
    But the Sam-Dylan fight should have happened earlier on (preferably inside his apartment), he had done his part as a human Decepticon and didn't really deserve to make it to the end of the film.
    I was okay with him, but when he started telling the Decepticons what to do I started to loathe the character. Any human who tells Cons what to do deserves to be squashed by them. This is opinion though.

5 - Que was the most armed Bot, and he didn't get to use his weaponry. It was an emotional scene, yes, but it doesn't work right when the character being executed is a walking armoury. At least Hound had his ammo run out and was in definite danger.

6 - Opinion here. It could probably flow with the Creators making the Allspark as a seed or something... But it still comes off as contrived.

7 - If they were smart they should have figured it out sooner. Arrogance could not have anything to do with it.
    They could have worked it out that Megatron was there, but instead have him kept under supervision so that he doesn't try anything.

8 - He knew someone was on his ship, which would lead to him keeping a sharper eye on what was going on inside and thus he would have known about the segment detaching.
    But I guess since it wasn't his own ship in the first place, he wouldn't know all its workings... which brings up the question of how Optimus knew of the ship.

10 - Agreed. But some more Transformers should have come to fight Lockdown. I wanted to see the Dinobots fight Lockdown! I wouldn't have minded if they even killed him in revenge for locking them up!

14. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    To be fair the other series contradict them selves as well, as well as the entire Transformers canon itself! Just look at the whole "Primus or Quintessons?" debate of G1.

15. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it the cartoon that claimed the Quintessons built them, and the comics that said they were created by Primus?

Those technically function as two different continuities.

The movies are supposed to be just one continuity.

16. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    Your right, good point. :redface2: 

17. JayEm

JayEm オートボットさん

False.

The TF films dont have all amazing actors. Tessa and Shane were both represented by poor actors. Mark and Tucci were fantastic. Everyone else was either meh (Bingbing who was just eye candy...though no complaints there) or they were shitty...

Plot holes are big deals because they jolt you back to consciousness. You stop focusing on the story and start focusing on the flaws before you.

Michael Bay can direct well. He has a beautiful style and I love the cinematography of the films. His years shooting commercials really benefits these films.

So yes...the worst movies have the most plot holes and worst acting. Transformers films have a lot of that. Bay is the only thing that saves them...him and Mark and Tucci. Oh and Bingbing >;3

18. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I don't. Seriously, I am telling you that I don't pick upon the plot holes and stop focusing on the story. I don't know why? When I come back to the TFW2005 boards, that's when I notice them!?

19. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    1. Soundwave did know of Sector Seven. I truly can't remember at this time if he learned about Megs, but he did eventually learn of Shockwave (albeit by 2009).
    4. Oh, yeah, totally. I didn't mean to say Megs was older, but he was in much worse shape than Sentinel was. Sentinel was old as hell but a one man army. Megs still had the strength of a Megatron, but he was in such bad shape he had to catch Sentinel by surprise to unleash it.
    5. Being the most heavily armed doesn't make you the best fighter. Que was very obviously more of a kindly old scientist than anything, but he couldn't hang back at base for this one.
    6. It did feel strange at first, but my current guess is the Creators made the AllSpark as well, and it's simply legend that it existed "before time began" and all that. Knowledge of the Creators seemed rather limited, but this is also due to the fact that this is a retcon of sorts, adding in more of the backstory and world-building, as the previous films did.
    7. Smart? Sure, they "cracked the code" and all. Smart? No. Issac Sumdac was extremely smart but extremely dumb at the same time. You can have book smarts but you may be the dumbest person on the planet without said book smarts. They're absent minded professors, of sorts. Absent minded assholes happily melting down innocent Autobots who they were told were evil Decepticons.
    8. Well, he was in a hurry to get off the planet. He didn't enjoy his stay and Mark Ryan says he was very exasperated by his hunt for the "Knights" at that point. He probably just thought "eh, screw it, I'll send the dogs and some mercy but I'm out."
    10. The Dinobots would've easily torn Lockdown to pieces, and as satisfying as that may have been, the final fight with Lockdown and Attinger was to serve as the culmination of Cade, Tessa and Shane fighting together as a family, as well as the final nail in the coffin of Optimus' arc of remembering the good in humans. So it was a very personal fight, it was. Besides, the following scene proves that the KSI drones weren't entirely wiped out by the first Dinobot charge, and they needed all the protection they could get for the Seed over the bridge.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wolf

Wolf old school bot