Who's officially a Skrull?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Omegatron, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

I haven't actually been reading the secret invasion comics but my brother at college has been and he has been telling me about it. Here is my theory regarding Skrulls and the death of Cap A. I think that Cap A wasn't the real Cap and he was really a Skrull and so Punisher and Spider-man knew this. So Punisher sniped him and Peter shot him in the street. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!:D 
    I know that this has been pretty much disproven in the comics but I still have fun saying it.

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Word.
    Right but it's a comic book. Death can't mean anything at this point; not from the big 2 at least. Like, we all knew Superman was coming back. And Jean Grey. And Logan. A big death like that doesn't have any bearing anymore. You kill off Pepper Potts or Jarvis? Those types of death have more of an impact and are less likely to happen in a large crossover.

I disagree because the very nature of the name implies she'll always come back. In the Phoenix Endsong she had her best resurrection yet. She's always going to be the character everyone brings up when debating death in comics; for both sides.

Agreed. Doesn't mean they weren't tied into mega events though; which is the point I was demonstrating. Countdown is possibly the worst comic I read right now but Supermanboy Prime and Kyle being there are directly spun out of SCW. That's all.

I know but it's the exact same as above.

I believe it was mentioned shortly after in Uncanny but I might be wrong. Doesn't change the point though; a character was brought back in Astonishing and it had an affect on the entire X-Universe. It's not like Colossus just wasn't in the other books. Astonishing is the comic that brough back their sweet ass suits too!

I'm not even sure what my point is really. Just that on the topic of mega crossovers you don't have to read the tie ins. they just do their best to chow the impact the event is having on the whole universe. A lot of times lately they don't even affect the main books some characters are in, they just get little self contained minis.

You don't have to get Fantastic Four: Secret Invasion (Marvel's marketing is going to disagree) but if you do you're going to see how Marvel's First Family is dealing with the Skrullyness.

We can't really have it both ways. The main run of the Fantasitc Four is not going to be interrupted, the FF: SI tie in is likely to be self contained so if you want to read it, it's there. If not not, no harm no foul.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Very true,you can't read comics never expecting major deaths to be some how resurrected. Though at least with the Marvel, you kinda hope that eventually we'd get a Supergirl or Barry Allen every now or then.

Phoenix will always return not Jean Grey. It'd be one thing they kept coming back to the idea that the Phoenix would return, but it ruins the concept always being Jean Grey IMO.

[/QUOTE]

4. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Ja, but as we learned back before X-Men 100, the one where Scott and Jean went o Alaska with the other 3 core X-Men; Jean and the Phoenix are one being. They also go more into detail during Morrison's run and the Phoenix Endsong story. So Jean's constant resurrection has very bothered me personally.

5. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Anybody else think marvel will redo famous marvel covers "skrull-ized" ala
    the marvel zombies trend? I really hope that the secret invasion 1 cover homage to new avengers 1 cover is the only one. After a while it just isnt orginal.

6. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    They've already announced many, many SI tie-in remake covers.

7. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

That figures.....

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    crap...that might actually get me to buy more comics then i normally woulda cuz i like covers like that...however i'll probably try to resist and just download the covers instead and use them as a screen saver...

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    You would think so but no. They killed off 2 supporting Iron man characters. One was Runiko Fujikawa whom if anyone remembers the 2099 universe, her family bought out Stark International and it was explained in Iron Mam volume 3 that this happened while Tony was presumed dead during Heroes Reborn. Later she gives the company back to Tony and gets killed in the Avengers Disassembled Tie-In. She lasted a good 80 issues and no one remembers or cares.

That I can deal with. This one I can't.

The Death of Happy Hogan. He has been a staple in the Iro nman books for as long as I can remember and they offed him recently. However, they never mention it and I barely even remembered until the other day. He was such a meaningful character to Tony, like Jim Rhodes, and he's just gone. Hell, Jim doesn't even apear in Iron man anymore.

Now I forgot the point I was making...

10. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

I hate the fact that a famous character will be a skrull, but they will do away just like they did with spidey's life.

11. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    What?

Spidey is dead?

12. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    He meant the Brand New Day retcon, marriage never happened, Harry's alive, big confusion, I'll forgo the four-letter expletives I could also use to describe it.

13. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    KA. :D 

14. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't hold it in... let it flow, man...