Who's NOT watching football today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MegaMoonMan, Feb 3, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Need I say anything to that?

And until recently, didn't anybody think that NASCAR being sponsored by Busch endorsed DUIs in some way?
    Then again, who would go to the Busch Series MADD (mothers against drunk driving) 250?

Professional Bowling isn't athletic- some of those guys have beer guts to make the Strange Brew guys proud.
    and what about Pro Darts???? what the holy heck is that?

I didn't watch the game btw.
    the iron man trailer was short, but looked good.

2. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Well... To put that into something you can understand... It's like saying that the Speed Racer Live will win the Best Picture of the Year and crush Transformers as the best remake ever.

3. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

I didn't watch cuz I had to go to work saddly..... :cry 

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Yes. Next question?

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I did not watch. Rather, I enjoyed some mind boggling homework. The only thing I feel I may have missed are some better-than-average commercials that air during the Super Bowl. Youtube will fill in the blanks for sure.

6. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't watch awards shows either.

7. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Really ?
    Well just like the other guy.....you don't like NASCAR, it's possible you don't follow NASCAR, which leads me to believe ....you know nothing about NASCAR yet your statements sound like you know what you're talking about...?
    Anyway, I might take your comments a little more serious if you 2 actually knew anything about the sport, instead of constructing insults on the spot - just cause you can...real mature.
    Me and the rest of the fans will get along just fine with out yuhs...;) 

It's called the Nation Wide series now ! ...:D 

8. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Like what was the Winston (like the cigarettes) Cup being renamed to the Nextel Cup. It could've been worse. It could've been named the Spandex Cup, or the Kelloggs Cup, or above all else, the Cotex Cup.

Also, refer to various factual details in this post:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1888383&postcount=97

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  9. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
  10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    because its a sucky sport imo. now give me real fotball ( or soccer as you call it ) or hockey.

11. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure it was excellent for someone who is actually a fan of the game. But, for someone like me who doesn't like the sport, an "excellent" game of football is still pointless and boring simply by virtue of being a game of football.

I see where you're going with the analogy but, like Rodimus Major said, I don't watch awards shows either.

12. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

What is that supposed to mean? I would take a child to a Nascar race way before an NFL game. NFL games have become downright dangerous and violent and there is a ton of profanity and fights going on.

You don't see that at NASCAR.

13. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I watched it, thought the first three quarters were boring, but the last quarter was good. The commericals sucked this year, IMHO.

I would consider a multi-car crash at 150 MPH pretty effing violent. And how many football games have you watched where fights break out? Better still, how many games have you watched period? I'm just trying to guage what it was that made you come to your conclusions.

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I didn't watch the super bowl. I went to the CC Club, one of my favorite neighborhood burger spots. It was dead and the server was all pissed off cause she wasn't going to make shit for tips with nobody there. Almost slugged a drunk who was insulting my friends, w00t. The game was on a TV in the corner and we ignored it except to made fun of Tom Petty's lame old ass doing 35-year old "hits" for the halftime show.

Then the gf and I went home and watched Die Hard 4. We made fun of Bruce Willis's lame old ass and the hacker douchebags and played the "Spot the retreaded Die Hard Cliche" game. Double w00t.

Oh yeah, and while the pre-game was on, I finally got around to watching the first episode of Her0es. Triple w00t!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  15. GuppyMN

GuppyMN Evil little fish

I played World of Warcraft. Got my Shadow Priest to 58...yeah I'm a dork.

16. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of NASCAR nor do I follow football, but I certainly won't insult anyone who enjoys them.

Which I think is where the greatest irony lies. So many people here are insulting fans of these sports while at the same time being offended when they get wierd looks for not being a fan. As was said earlier in this thread, as sports nerd is still a nerd, and as "nerds"(and yes we're nerds if we're posting on a forum about toys and cartoon robots) ourselves we should know better then to look down on others for enjoying something we don't understand. With all the bitching and moaning about Transformers events that go on here, I can't believe people are looking down on others for enjoying something that's just as insignificant as our hobby.

And LOL at the person who considers Chris Jericho more of a "real athelete" then football players. They all bust their ass to be where they are and they're all as "real" of an athelete as you can get.

Now as I said before, I don't follow sports. In fact I only saw one game this entire season and that was because I was at a friends party where I knew two people and it was on TV (ironically it was the last Giants vs Pats game). But I did watch this game, while playing my MMORPG and fiddling with my Transformers (I had to transform some and put them away to make room for dinner), Because this was a unique situation. It was an undefeated, record breaking, team going against a team that was the lowest ranked team to ever make it to the super bowl and yet still have a shot at winning. I was watching in hopes of seeing an entertaining game and in the end that's exactly what it was(Tom Petty at halftime was pretty kick ass too). It was like one of those crappy sport movies, the model of the "cinderella, come-from-behind" types stories where the underdogs pulled out a big surprise win in the last moments of the game. And if I'm a somehow less intelligent person for watching and enjoying this particular sporting event then I'll gladly revel in my own ignorance.

17. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I did not watch the Super Bowl yesterday, not even on my brand new HD LCD - I put a bunk bed together and went out to dinner with my in-laws.

18. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    i played halo CE

19. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    I wouldn't take any child to a race track, no. They'd have to be at least 13. They should be able to withstand loud noises, long walks, a full day without sitting down, the drunks etc...

It's not really that violent. All those cars are very safe. Kids these days think of worse when they're playing with toys...

20. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Well the obvious answer is yes since you posted even that much. What you ment by posting that I don't know, but Jericho is a real athlete. Your right the Iron Man trailer was good.