Who's got the best Combiners: Autobots vs Decepticons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ErickCruz, Jul 17, 2019.

?

Who has the best team of Combiners

Poll closed Jul 17, 2020.
  1. Autobots

8 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Decepticons

144 vote(s)
    94.7%
  1. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Sorry, I just look very gouda. That was cheesy.

I like the Decepticon combiners more as I think they are cooler than the Autobot's combiners, with Bruticus being my favorite Combiner.
    I am hearing people mentioning Reflector, but that's a bit of a stretch, as he can't really be considered a combiner, but he does combine so whatever...

2. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i'd include tripredacus and magnaboss in any combiner tally, too...

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Liokaiser and DinoKing FTW!

4. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Decepticons hands down!

Bruticus, Devastator, & Menasor just seal the deal for me. :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    I think another thing that pushes the Cons firmly into the win column is who makes up the teams. We have construction vehicles, all different from each other. Beasts, all different. Sea monsters, all different. Actual monsters, all different. And... cars... with a truck (I don't like Menasor).

The autobots have... 5 planes. Five rescue vehicles. Five futuristic vehicles. Okay. decent. But not as fun as 5 animals turning into a winged hunter. The autobot combiners don't have coolness factored in... not until recently. Volcanicus, Optimus Maximus, and Orthia correct this by giving us emotional connections and/or coolness. Five dinosaurs. The Autobot Leader and for of the most famous Autobots. The first five female transformers we ever saw.

I was recently thinking about Sky Reign and how he's such a GREAT looking torso... and it is a shame about his limbs. As an autobot he just gets random limbs. Maybe you pair him with the extra members... Alpha Bravo, Rook, Jet Blast Off, Offroad. I personally go with 4 white autobot limbs: Rook, Alpha Bravo, Groove (as I don't own Defensor as I don't like the look of him at all), and Jazz. But if he had been a G1 decepticon? We'd have gotten a team of 5 vehicles that turn into animals that then combine into Sky Reign. Because the Decepticon combiners have a theme, each member is wildly different, and they are cool.

...except Menasor. Ugh.

• Like Like x 3
  6. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Another thing that leans in the Decepticons' favor is unified color schemes. Devastator, Predaking, and the Seacons all have nicely unified colors, so when they combine their gestalts don't look like walking rainbows. For the Autobots there's less of that. JRX and maybe Superion are kinda the only ones I can think of who are color-coordinated.

7. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    I'm firmly in the Decepticon camp as well, for the reasons you're listing. The rescue vehicles could have also made great Decepticons, as twisted inversions of their original purpose: Inferno the pyromaniac fire engine, Blades the psychotic rescue chopper (so canon G1 Blades as a Decepticon), Flatline the malevolent doctor ambulance, and Movie Barricade twenty years early. Your Sky Reign idea would have worked very well, I think.

Menasor's one where the total is less than the sum of its parts.

That's another good point.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:

Make Inferno into a new decepticon firetruck. Blades into Blackout. Flatline. Barricade. Flamewar. The evil rescue team.

With Sky Reign I just more and more would love limbs that were like Lynx. Heck, use the basis from RID... a car that turns into a wolf, a tractor that becomes a deer, so on.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about Computron?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scorponok

Scorponok Kindness is no virtue and cruelty is no vice

The Decepticons have Predaking. Need I say more?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Honorbound

Ebay:
    WRT evil Defensor, that's pretty much exactly what I'm thinking. Evil Sky Lynx would have been a perfect fit in RID15. Just have Steeljaw, Thunderhoof, Underbite, and Bisk or Clampdown as the limbs.

12. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

[​IMG]

Man, now you reminded me that Crazybolt woulda made an rather awesome torso bot. His robot mode face would form the Chest piece.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Honorbound

Ebay:
    Works for me. RID15's animalistic Decepticon theme is one that I liked, even if I couldn't get into the show itself. That theme is one with a long history in this franchise, going all the way back to later G1.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nibiru8722

Nibiru8722 Destron sympathizer

The Cons win just for Devastator and Bruticus.

• Like Like x 1
  15. greboguru

I consider Bruticus and Abominus probably the worst combiners. I did forget that the technobots have fairly well-coordinated colors. Hmmm.

16. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I don’t think a unified color scheme is a complete lock for a good look on these combiners. Bruticus is not unified and looks great.

Are we now submitting most boring combiner picks?

Then for Autobots I pick Defensor. It’s not terrible but it’s the least interesting of the other ones.

For Decepticons it’s Menasor. She’s like the youngest sister with four older and much more attractive sisters.

If Menasor was on a sitcom, she’d never land a boyfriend. Not even in the series finale.

Menasor is the kid who accidentally gets left behind when you stop for gas on the big family road trip. You don’t notice he’s gone until you’ve driven for 4 hours.

Menasor is that employee who kinda half-asses at work but not bad enough to get fired and not worth the effort to help out. He just coasts along.

If Menasor was the high school bully, the junior high kids would punk him after their first encounter. He’d become a pariah and maybe join the group of younger kids as a friend. Maybe...

Menasor won’t get married until he’s 36 and his wife will have to work really hard to make him responsible and no longer be a manchild.

Menasor will eventually become a mid level manager at the rock quarry and get a nominal amount of respect from his subordinates. But they won’t ever invite him to hangout and will make fun of his gnarly ear hair and questionable grooming habits.

Menasor children will be super smart and successful and everyone will wonder “how’d that happen?”

When Menasor dies, Bruticus, Devastator and the remaining Conehead (Thrust?) will be the only Decepticons who will bother to go to his funeral. They’ll give loving but backhanded compliments.

Okay, I’ll stop trashing Menasor. For now.

• Like Like x 3
  17. greboguru

It's fair. Menasor does suck. Well, except for the really stunningly cool Fansproject Intimidator. Ungawa.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Decepticons, and screw all of you, Menasor was awesome. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  19. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sky Lynx is superior to all of them just ask him he’ll tell you himself :D 

• Like Like x 3
  20. lordsmurf