Who's bigger?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideways77, Nov 8, 2012.

?

?

1. Metroplex

91.7%
  2. Trypticon

8.3%
  1. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I had a quick question. Who is the taller and more beefier Bot?

Metroplex or Trypticon?

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    They're basically the same size.

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Trypticon is beefier, Metroplex is taller.

4. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I'd say it's safe to assume it's Metroplex, considering Trypticon, according to in-game WFC credits, is roughly the same size as Omega Supreme, who was only about 6 Brawls taller than Megatron in the boss fight.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

A while back I compared Optimus to Omega while playing To the Core and I think he came up to the top of circles on Omega's foot. And we know how big OPtimus is compared to Metroplex as he held Optimus in his hand. It also looks like Trypticon was about the same size as Omega.

While I don't think Metroplex is as big as he was said to be in an interview, (eight times bigger than Omega Supreme) I do think Metroplex is a lot bigger than Trypticon.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    That credits sequence was not to scale. People have found the models for the game. Trypticon is much much larger than Omega. That sequence played with perceived scale.

7. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Maybe it's just me, but my mind went elsewhere when I saw the title name.

8. bigbadblue

bigbadblue "Fortress Maximus has come himself!"

Metroplex.

9. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    From my own post here:

"Credit to Kouri:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to the "Epic Heights of FOC" GMANIFESS provided we know BB is ~20 feet tall (which sounds unusually tall for him, given his muscle-car Movie counterpart is still only 16 feet tall, but whatever).
    [​IMG]
    ... which means Omega Supreme is ~300 feet at the top of his head.
    [​IMG]
    ... and Trypticon is ~680 feet to the top of his head.

Of course, Optimus there should really only be ~25 feet tall, which doesn't sit well with the >30 feet the "Epic Heights of FOC." I know he has a different body between the two games, but 5+ feet is a sizable change."

Metroplex is *only* 600 feet tall, meaning Trypticon is currently the largest TF in the _____ __ Cybertron games.

10. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Omega was about 300ft.

11. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I think that credits sequence was presenting them as they would appear side-by-side (ie if they were in the the same vicinity, in a level within the game they'd be roughly equal in scale) with some fudging in size, as there's no way High Moon would take into account someone finding the in-game models where Trypticon is technically larger. Otherwise, the credits bit would have shown the size disparity shown in this thread.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Dude, no. Even in game Trypticon is obviously meant to be MUCH bigger than Omega Supreme. If they wanted Trypticon to be smaller, they would have just made him smaller. Remember, the Airalbots were flying inside Trypticon. Also, when you defeat Trypticon his hand smashes onto the platform you are on, and that hand is similar in size to Metroplexes.

They did the thing at the end credits because it was cool or funny. This is also the same credits sequence where the entire Autobot cast climbs out of Bumblebee Clown Car style. And to top it off, I recall a developer saying something about the Omega vs Trypticon thing explaining they are completely different sizes (but I have no proof of this so you may disbelieve this).

Continuing to argue that Omega Supreme and Trypticon are the same size because of how they appeared in a non-serious credits sequence despite all the evidence against it is just being bull headed.

13. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Taking into account that in FOC, Metroplex is REALLY small compared to what he is portrayed as, you can't really judge their size based on their animation models. If they intended Omega Supreme and Trypticon to battle at one point, they'd probably shrink Trypticon, or double Omega's size, otherwise it wouldn't exactly be fair.
    My point is, we don't really know how big Trypticon, Omega or Metroplex is.

14. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

If that scale is accurate, then I do not blame Megatron for turning Trypticon into a spaceship after he was almost destroyed by a couple of normal sized Bots.

Also, when I thought he was the same size as Omega Supreme, I always thought the amount of mass shifting Trypticon must have done to turn into a space station was ridicules. This explains it.