Who'd love to see a Live-action WFC trilogy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Rodimus Maximus, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I would see it and to justify it being live action instead of fully CG here's my idea.

The characters would be CG like in the movies but set pieces could be scale models, practical effects ad stuff that would blend the CG with live action.

I think they did something kind of like that in The Lord of the Rings movies with some set pieces being scale models?

I think a mixture of real life practical effects like that along with CG would help give it a real world feel.

2. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Yeah......no. It's a great style for a comic book or animated film but it just wouldn't hold up to a live action style setting. The art direction is very exaggerated.

The movie-verse designs are not the be-all end-all version of live action transformers. There are an infinite number of design directions a live action Transformer could take. Bay's version is not definitive. But without major tweaking (enough that they would no longer look like WFC), the designs in the game wouldn't "fit" in live action. They're simplified and exaggerated, and it suits the game extremely well.

If the designs were upgraded and rendered high-poly and high-texture res, as live action CGI models are, they would still look out of place. It would be like taking a real human, dressing them in an extra colorful outfit and dropping them into a world styled like a mario game. They would obviously not belong. It would be jarring and distract from the experience.

As an abstract art piece, it might look pretty cool. As an actual live action feature film, it would just not fit...

3. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    I'm all for an animated feature film, but I doubt it'd see the light of day.

4. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Live action baaaad!

Dreamworks goood!

5. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I would like to see the Exodus version of the story done in CGI at a level like the intro movie or better. 2+ hours, I'd pay 50 bucks for that on blu ray without blinking.

6. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

You're thinking a CGI movie with WFC character models with settings that are high def like Starwars...

That'd take a while

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I can't really see how it would be live-action if it takes place entirely on Cybertron, although I would definitely like to see a WFC movie in some form.

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    it wotn be lvie action if the whoe lfilm si at cyebrtron, it would be a CGI Film

9. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

If they made WFC into a movie id pay to see that without thinking... It would take a long time to make..... And prob. be expensive... But hey dont you think they have made a lot of money off a Live Action they might think about it... Id say if 3 brings in the kind of money 1 and 2 did then they might actually consider it..

But id rather see the movie more like the game ... So itd be more along the lines of G1ish i think...

10. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

That's still not really "live action" though. That's kind of like calling Nightmare before Christmas a live action film. If all characters are animated, then it's an animated movie. It doesn't matter if the set actually exists.
    It's not live action unless you are filming characters in real time. Which, as far as I know, can only be done with live actors.

This is something a lot of people in this fandome can't quite seem to come to grips with. The whole draw of making a true live action Transformers film is the concept of seeing real people interacting with realistic robots transforming from real life vehicles.
    I know a lot of fans would rather just have a movie with no human characters and all robots, on Cybertron, but that just wouldn't be a "live action" film. It'd be an animated film. Which isn't a bad idea for a reboot after the current films, but as for the concept of a live action TF movie, as long as they're going to make them, they'll always have humans as part of the main cast. That's just the way the live action genre works.

I know most usually refer to the "general audience" as being unintelligent, but I don't think people are quite that dumb.
    As for being "uncool and too different" that's a matter of opinion.

11. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Maybe in sort of Avatar quality they could have it. But live action wouldn't make sense.

12. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

that'd take 10+ plus years and have a basic plotline but have epic special effects...

yeah I said that :rip 

13. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    but Cameron's Avatar is mostly CGI, the environments and the Na'vi. yet it's considered a live-action movie. the scenes where there were only the Na'vi and Pandora's environment is what i'd like to see for Cybertron and the Cybertronians if ever WFC and Exodus become feature-length movies..i want all these elements-the characters, environments, locations-to set grounbreaking breakthroughs in special effects and photorealism and that can be considered film classics.

14. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

That's cause the film also had a decent amount of scenes with live actors. That's the part that makes it a live action film. If the whole film was just the Navi shit, it'd have been an animated film.

I don't think you'll ever see that happen. Even if they did make those kind of movies, Avatar already broke the ground on that sort of thing. It really wouldn't be that big a deal to most people.
    And still...Not live action.