Who would win in a fight? TFA megatron or TFP megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by mn_128875, Oct 11, 2020.

?

Who would win?

1. TFA megatron

54 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. TFP megatron

36 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who would win in a clean fight no power ups like the allspark or dark energon. It would be a close call but TFA megatron might win but TFP megatron will definitely put up a good fight

2. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    While I prefer TFP Megatron, TFA is probably tougher.

EDIT: After other posts stating facts, I have changed my vote to TFP Megatron.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  3. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Using feats TFA. Stats equal TFP

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I actually like Animated more, but he's more cunning and manipulative than straight up brute power like Prime Megatron. Not to say Animated Megatron is physically weak, I think he would still put up a decent fight. But Prime Megatron was a gladiator and is strong against equally powerful Autobots not just smaller weaker Autobots like Animated is.

Now there's a good chance that Animated might be able to out wit Prime. The main reason I like him more is because there's more to him to than just sheer physical power. He isn't the type physically fight his way out of every situation the way Prime Megatron is. Animated knows his limitations and will switch tactics when brute strength alone isn't enough. Prime Megatron we've seen when he was being over powered that he doesn't do anything different, he just relies entirely on brute strength and his skills and experience from his gladiator days.

So in a straight fight... I honestly believe Prime Megatron is the stronger and more skill fighter of the two. I don't believe Animated can beat him in a straight physical fight. Now if intelligence comes into play then yes Animated is going to out wit Prime Megatron easily maybe even use Prime's own power against him turning his only advantage into a weakness.

Animated Megatron I believe is one of the most intelligent incarnations of the character in any media... Maybe even more so than Beast Era or at least on par with him as Beast Era Megatron was also quite cunning and manipulative rather than just physically powerful.

BTW I'm not saying that Prime Megatron is stupid or anything, he's just more average in terms of intelligence. He's smart enough to recognize Starscream is too much of a liability to keep around which is more than I can say for some dumber versions of Megatron. But that's not enough to out wit the likes of Animated Megatron.

• Like Like x 10
  5. optimalsupreme

optimalsupreme Well-Known Member

Man such ******s voting here.

TFA Megs body was torn apart by the entry into Earth's atmosphere. Whereas TFP Megs body was fully intact from an even greater drop.

TFP Meg is more durable.

Plus TFP Megs was a confirmed gladiator with lots of combat experience. But we can't say the same for TFA Megs.

There's no denying TFP Meg was the faster of the two with his cybetronian jet mode. TFA Megs on the otherhand was just a whirlybird.

I mean I can't believe this. We've actually seen TFP Megatron punch a mountain-sized Unicron avatar into rubble! But some delusional nitwits honestly think TFA Megs can do the same!

• Like Like x 3
  6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I mostly agree with you but Animated Megatron was not "Just a whirlybird" he also had a Cybertronian jet mode before that and Transformers have often been shown to be able to do things beyond the limits of their Earth modes. Optimus Prime being able to turn on a dime when those big rigs have a turning radius, Starscream and other Jetformers being able to go into space when jets actually can't produce enough thrust and don't hold enough fuel to be able to leave Earth's atmosphere. Almost all flying Transformers are capable of vertical take off despite what they actually transform into. So there's no reason to assume that a helicopter Earth mode would make him slower if they aren't even limited in the same way that the actual Earth vehicles would be.

And the name calling is really unnecessary. Again I agree with your opinion but I don't support the rude way with which you've chosen to express it.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    After these two posts I changed my vote.

8. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now after thinking about it TFP megatron is stronger

• Like Like x 3
  9. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoy TFA Megatron more, but I can definitely say TFP Megatron in a simple 1v1 slug fest.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    My vote goes to TFA Megatron. Not only is he physically larger, and evidently faster as we've seen him knock Prowl's shuriken out of the air, but he's also incredibly cunning. He's far more manipulative and intelligent than TFP Megatron, who regularly squandered advantages and apparently didn't have any sort of security aboard his ship. TFP Megatron is more of a brute than anything else, while TFA combines that with a formidable intellect.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Destron Enforcer

News Credits:
    Whoever the author decides would win.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    I'd say TFP Megatron has the upper hand when it comes to overall strength and fighting capabilities. However, TFA Megatron is far more calculated and intelligent, which he could use to his advantage. Also, I think TFA's has the more powerful fusion cannon.

• Like Like x 2
  13. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    As a fictional character, TFA Megatron destroys TFP Megatron.

In a clean fight based on what went on the show, probably TFA Starscream. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  14. optimalsupreme

It's like you didn't even watch Prime. He had sound wave monitoring the ship. TFP megs was cunning as a fox. He actually manipulated others into his schemes i.e. Orion pax.

He's far less durable than TFP prime and we never see him use close combat techniques like tfp megatonlike how he judo throwed the much larger predaking

• Like Like x 1
  15. ironhidepunk

ironhidepunk Active Member

I have to go with tfp megs in direct one on one combat, but with the decepticons at there control, it would depend on whether soundwave is there and if starscream is on megs' side.

16. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Here are some feats of each we know of:

TFA:
    • Easily took on all the Autobots (Even while being injured by Starscream)
    • Can easily one-shot a bot (see Starscream)
    • Can go toe to toe with Wing Optimus (who is the same strength if not stronger than Ultra Magnus)
    • (Intellect) Planed a large scale Decepticon revolt with no Autobots noticing or catching on.
    • Very proficient with sword combat.
    • Took the planet-destroying Lugnut Supreme explosion point-blank and continued to fight.
    TFP:
    • Proficient in blade combat
    • Can easily one-shot a bot (see dreadwing)
    • Can go toe to toe with Optimus Prime
    • Proficient with Armblade and Dark Starsaber.

If we were doing a purely base TFA vs TFP Megatron, Which means no Allspark for TFA Megs and no Dark Energon or Forge for Megs, under those circumstances, I think TFA Megs destroys TFP Megs.

Throughout TFA, we first see Megatron taking on all the Autobot at once while severely injured and continuing to simply walk through most foes until the final battle with Optimus Prime. We also know from his fights that TFA Megs is much more thoughtful and calculated at combat compared to TFP Megs who mostly goes into combat and wings it. This is a big downfall of TFP Megs, because of his arrogance (which TFA Megs also has lots of) and confidence in his own ability, it leads him to lose fights against Optimus, have an Insecticon get the upper hand in a fight, and get demolished by Prediking.

Based on smaller feats, I'd say TFP Megs has the stronger fusion canon (literally ripped through Dreadwing) while TFA Megs showed superior swordsmanship. They are also most likely equal in physical strength in their base forms as well. Where I think TFA Megs takes TFP Megs and get the win is durability, TFA Megs kept fighting through mountians of damage, with the biggest feat being the point-blank Lugnut Supreme explosion. By comparison, TFP Megs was nearly taken offline by a very similar space bridge explosion that put him in stasis lock, while TFA Megs kept fighting after his.

Overall, in each of their base forms, I say TFA Megatron wins due to higher feats of Intelligence and Durability.

(Also, for those who are saying TFA Megs is less durable because he partially burned up in earth's atmosphere while TFP didn't, I'd like to remind you that Megs was already heavily damaged at that point and taken by surprised being kicked out. The Lugnut Supreme compared to spacebridge explosion is a much better indicator of their durability)

Just a friendly rebuttal here, but to refute some points you made:
    1. When he was launched out of the ship, his body was covered in damage and was missing an arm, compared to TFP Megs who was perfectly intact.
    2. The fall from space I find inaccurate to durability as Prime Megs was in a much better state than Animated Megs was in. Prime Megs and Animated Megs took a very similar explosion (Lugnut Supreme and Spacebridge respectively), Both being at the same condition (with Prime Megs being stronger than his base w/ Dark Energon) and it nearly killed TFP Megs while TFA Megs was very much damaged but still kept fighting.
    3. Yes, TFP Megs was a gladiator, but the first Cybertrionian war had already happened (w/ Megs as leader) meaning by the start of the series, he has an equal amount of combat experience, if not more.
    4. Yes, in alt mode, TFP Megs is faster, but TFA Megs has been shown numerous times to be able to fly at a similar speed in Robot Mode.
    The Unicron avatar was just rocks, while TFA Megs is weaker, I still believe he can do a similar feat w/ either his swords or fusion canon.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  17. optimalsupreme

If we're gonna do feats then here we go:
    • TFP megs: took on 3-4 autobots and dominated. Said autobots could take down scores of vehicons and ibsecticons and go mano el mano with other named decepticons like dreading or starscream.
    • Megs took on 5 autobots. But you have to scale them down they were maintenance crew not seasoned vets, they didn't even have firearms. Do TFP megs wins
    • TFP Megs survived an exploding spacebridge at point blank range. Only knocked him out. No outerstructure damage other than an exposed spark chamber. Also TFP megs is able to shrug off blaster fire from other autovots and continue charging.
    • TFA megaton was bombed by stsrscream and lossed most of his arm. The explosion was not powerful enough to destroy the ship. Also he survived an exploding lugnut supreme but was badly injured with heavy structural damage, fought optimus and was quickly taken down. So TFP megs wins for taking less structural damage.
    • TFP megaton has a cybetronian jet mode which. Cybertronian technology being vastly superior to earth tech. He was able to intercept and blitz stars cream before he could attack optimus in the antarctic
    • TFA megs has a helicopter mode. Able to keep up with jets but not overtake them. TFP megs wins again
    • Weaponry. In close quarters TFA does have a longer sword so in a sword fight he would likely win. But in terms of long range it goes to TFP. His fusion cannon tore through bumblebees armour deactivated him. He also one shouted insecticons and stars cream clones. TFAs cannon could burn through ship playing but over time. He could kill stars ream in one shot but not in rapid succession like TFP. Also he blasted optimus who quickly got up and hammered him down. So possibly a draw, it depends
    • Figting skills. TFP was a former gladiator and a champion in the pits of Kaon. Capable of throwing larger opponents like predating. He was strong enough to demolish a mountain sized unicorn avatar.
    • TFA megs only fought smaller opponents and used his size to his advantage. Has demonstrated know martial arts techniques unlike TFP. So TFP wins again
    • TFA does have two advantages over TFP megs. 1 his sword can be held either hand. 2 he can fly in robot mode.
    But when it comes to scaling and comparisons in universes, TFP megs faces tougher foes and wins whereas TFA megs fights with far weaker opponents who don't have firearms and mainly use tools.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    No structural damage...o_O 
    [​IMG]

The point I was making about comparing the two explosions was that, after taking a similar explosion, TFA Megs could still continue battling while yes, TFP Megs looks less beat up (harder to change 3D models like 2D models)but he nearly died from it.

Agreed. Personally, I give TFP megs the edge in fusion canons cause it is shown to tear through bots faster than the TFA one, while I give it to TFA Megs in swordsmanship/close-quarters as he is shown to dominate hand to hand, and with his sword abilities compared to TFP.

True about TFP Megs, but TFA Megs has also fought large opponents and has plenty of experience from the first Cybertronian War, and we at least know that he overthrew the former Decepticon leader who was equal to him, Megazarack. He was also able to one-punch-kill Starscream twice. While they are not equal, TFA Megs is still stronger than you portray him to be.

Again, He is shown to be much faster in Robot mode which he frequently uses over his alt-mode for combat.

One KEY thing that you are ignoring here is TFA Meg's intelligence. TFA Megs was shown in many fights to rely on outwitting his opponents, giving him the victory. TFP Megs just brute forces his way through every fight, with him losing many times due to this.

• Like Like x 4
  19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Soundwave wouldn't make any difference. We're talking about Megatron, by himself, no other back up or support.

And Orion Pax doesn't really make him a master manipulator. They were already friends before the war, Optimus simply forgot the war ever happened and believed they were still friends. There was no real manipulation required. That just shows he can take advantage of a situation. He wasn't even that great at convincing Orion they were still friends as he constantly doubted Megatronus and the Decepticons pretty much the entire time he was with them allowing the Autobots to easily get Optimus back almost immediately. Maybe if that arc had gone on longer and we'd seen Megatron ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING to convince Orion to stay you might have a point but all he did was take advantage of the friendship they use to have to temporarily put a Decepticon insignia on Optimus. Orion doesn't even really fight the Autobots, he just talks to them while they fight amongst themselves.

Animated Megatron's Manipulation of characters actually has them doing things they wouldn't normally do otherwise. Issac Sumdac helped Megatron regain a body thinking he was helping another Autobot, had he known Megatron was leader of the Decepticons he'd still be a severed head. The Dinobots, Soundwave, Nanosec, and several other things that only exist as a direct result of Megatron's manipulation would never have been created. What did Prime Megatron's "manipulation" of Orion Pax actually accomplish? A whole lot of NOTHING. He mildly inconvienced the Autobots for 2 episodes that's pretty much it.

Prime Megatron... honestly isn't even that smart. There's an episode where Megatron was being over powered, he could have died, and the only reason he survived is because Dreadwing disobeyed orders and helped Megatron out even though he was perfectly willing to keep fighting till either he won or he died trying, and it certainly looked like he was going to die trying. This doesn't show that he knows his own limitations and can adapt to different situations. He ignores the advice of Dreadwing and outright refuses to give up the fight out of sheer stubbornness. Something Animated Megatron wouldn't of done.

And keep in mind... again I said this before... I'm not saying that Prime Megatron is an idiot. None of this is to say he isn't smart. He's one of the only Megatron's who was smart enough to see through Starscream's BS and cut him loose rather than keep him around for seemingly no reason. Compared to G1 Megatron who knows Starscream wants to kill him in the first episode and doesn't do anything about Starscream till he's Galvatron in the movie, Prime Megatron almost immediately decides to kill Starscream who isn't even openly traitorous. I mean he's still a traitor he just doesn't say that to Megatron's face like G1 does. Prime Starscream PREDENDS to be loyal to Megatron's face and plots against him behind his back, but Megatron wasn't fooled, he knew what Starscream was doing thanks to Soundwave having surveillance over the whole ship. So compared to G1, Prime is a freaking genius! But he's far from the only Megatron to do this. He's just kind of average.

It's like you never seen Animated. He actually does use Melee fighting techniques. His helicopter blades do actually turn into a pair of swords. Prime Megatron only has the one sword. (Dark Star Saber doesn't count, no power ups. Even with that we only ever see Prime Megatron use single sword combat techniques never dual blades like Animated Megatron.) That said more swords doesn't automatically mean better fighter.

Prime Megatron's single sword is similar to that of a broad sword which means realistically he should be slower but be able to hit harder with far more force than Animated Megatron. His twin swords are lighter allowing for faster movement but they're going to inflict less damage in a single blow. Due to how Prime's Sword is designed I think it could slice through Animated's twin blades leaving him unarmed for melee combat. Though I'm sure Animated Megatron would get a few hits in before he's disarmed I doubt he do much more than Scratch Prime Megatron.

Basically Prime is still going to be better but Animated isn't completely incompetent as a melee fighter. He just isn't as skilled as Prime and while he does have those twin swords, they're inferrior weapons to Prime's arm mounted blade that deploys from under his fusion cannon.

That's another advantage Prime has... He can stab you and shoot you at the same time delivering a pretty devastating combo move with both his weapons. Animated Megatron's twin swords are hand held and there's no real easy way to blast and stab at the same time.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5