Who would like to see Ultra Magnus in TF7?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by HawaiianBro808, Apr 22, 2017.

1. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Banned

You're missing the point entirely. Every Magnus had at least something in common with every other magnus, if nothing that just the overall look of the vehicle mode. Same with Hot Rod every version ever was a red sports car with yellow flames or yellow details to imitate flames and something resembling exaust pipes on the forarms. The movie version is a black car with the Boushh head.

The new Ultra Magnus has more chance of being a orange motorcycle than a white & blue truck. The movie-verse work on the Unicron trilogy nameslap methodology.

Again because you obviously can't read, movie Ultra Magnus will not look like any previous Ultra Magnus, will not have any connection or gimmick like any previous Ultra Magnus and everything you maybe like about Ultra Magnus won't be in the movie. So asking for an Ultra Magnus or any character for that matter is pointless because it will be a completely new character with no connections.

You are actively only asking for a NAME. I just don't get the connection some people have to NAMES of characters as opposed to actual characters.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I think you're forgetting that some of the movie characters besides Optimus do share some connections to the past versions. Bumblebee is still a yellow car,Jazz still has his visor and head wings and a sports car,Ratchet is still an Emergancy vehicle,Starscream's still a jet,Shockwave retains a lot of design elements form his original design,Ravage still evokes a jaguar,Hound is still a green military truck,Drift is still a samurai based character,Galavatron is Megatron reincarnated,Grimlock still being a barbarian that turns into a T-Rex,etc. You can still have connections to a past version of a character even if it's not visually obvious like how TFP Arcee still has some pink on her and her head design retain some of the G1 helmet,TFA Prowl having the G1 head crest and police vehicle,TFP Breakdown having a red face,TFP Predaking's color scheme having the colors of the G1 Predacons,just to name some examples, so even if Magnus doesn't look like his G1 design or have his personality 100% from G1 that doesn't exactly mean he won't be anything like the other versions of Ultra Magnus so saying that he won't be anything like the past versions just by basing it off of one character like Hot Rod who looks very different feels funny because even then Hot Rod's personality is said to be a lot like the past version so isn't that still a connection to the past Hot Rods?

• Like Like x 2
  3. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Banned

By that logic Ironhide is exactly the same as G1 Ironhide because both have blue eyes.

I doubt that when anysay "I want Magnus in the movie" that they mean "I want a robot that maybe has big shoulders". If you want a character in a movie that means that you have a previous connection to that character and that you want to see that in the movie. That's simply not happening.

A minuscule detail doesn't mean a connection, it's a minuscule detail.

Hell Sentinel Prime was originally going to be Ultra Magnus. Now please tell me how DOTM Sentinel Prime is totally like Ultra Magnus I'm dying to hear that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I'd argue that both Movie Ironhide and G1 Ironhide have more in common then people think because they're both powerful tough guys with imposing vehicle modes and are close friends with Optimus. So if anything those are the exact opposite of minuscule details.

• Like Like x 3
  5. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Yes

6. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Banned

G1 Ironhide is a fucking van that's the least imposing vehicle mode in existence. There are no indication that he's close friends in the movie. Zero. Movie comics don't count because they are non-canon and fan-canons don't count either. Hell Optimus cared more about Ratchet than Ironhide.

The connection is "they are powerful tough guys". So? So is Brawn. Hell you could easily name Movie Ironhide Brawn and nothing would change, at least they'd both have the same alt mode so it's be an improvement actually.

7. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well Movie Ironhide has more in common with G1 Ironhide as opposed to Energon Ironhide who's even less like the original Ironhide when it comes to personality that's for sure. Also one version of Ironhide's original Diaclone figure was colored black so if you're still looking for a connection between them there's that.

8. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Banned

There you go again with bullshit miniscule connections that mean nothing. Stop trying to bullshit an argument out of nothing.

I have nothing against bayformers. They've proven their right to exist by the insane amount of chinese money they pour into Hasbro's pockets. But stop trying to make connections between Bayformers and other parts of the franchise when there is none beside the most basic one like Optimus leads Aubots, Megatron leads Decepticons they fight.

Bayformers is just like RID, just like Armada, just like Energon, and just like Cybertron. A collection of nameslaps that maybe have some miniscule connections to the originals but not really. Nothing wrong with it, you only end up looking stupid when you try to squeeze out any way to connect them.

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Like how you're trying to leave out pretty obvious connections that most of the movie characters have with their past selves even if it's not visually obvious? It may not be much true but it's still a connection one way or another so isn't it better to find some connections even if it's not much as opposed to just saying there aren't without really bothering to see any first? I'm not saying that's what you're doing and if it comes across that way I apologize but still I don't see the point of saying someone like Ultra Magnus won't have any connections to any other version for him when for all we know he could actually end up having more connections then we thought. If there's one thing the movies have been very consistent about it's that they know how to surprise us in some way or another.

10. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Banned

What connection?!?!? You keep piling on unimportant minuscule details and trying to pass it off as connection. It's like saying that Barrica is totally movie Prowl because they are both cop cars with bad tempers.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017
  11. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Funny thing about the Prowl and Barricade comparison is that Prowl was originally going to be in the movie as part of the Autobot line up but was later developed into Barricade as the film makers love the idea of an evil cop character. It's not meant to be a jab at you it's just funny that it's been brought up.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017
  12. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    He can't deal with that right now!

In all seriousness, I'd love to see Ultra Magnus in the movies. Personally, I'd like a version of the character that strayed away from the norm. Something inspired by Robots in Disguise Ultra Magnus would be interesting to see in the movie continuity, though I'd be open to other ideas. If the knight theme continues for the next few movies, then I could see Ultra Magnus being a knight.

I'd hope that his design would evoke the Optimus design from the original trilogy. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if he was simply a white Optimus Prime. Originally, I thought that Evasion Mode Optimus Prime was Ultra Magnus in the filming stages of Age of Extinction.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    Sure, why not?

14. ricanhornet

ricanhornet Well-Known Member

I think it would be awesome to feature UM in the Bumblebee movie. Maybe he dies heroically at the end. But it would be great to see him in there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jmannrock

jmannrock Failed Knight of Primus

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    IMO namedropping Mags would be sick. It would be sicker if it was TFP Magnus (in personality)..... I don't know why, but he just stuck with me

16. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After Movie 1, I kept on asking for UM to show up. Then we began to talk, speculate, wanting him to show up in Movie 2, 3, 4, now at 5, still a no-show. So, now I got tired and just stop, lol.

17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I might get flak for this but I sort of want to see an Ultra Magnus as a female. Maybe like have her wear armor that disguises her gender but when it falls off it's revealed she's a fembot. Kind of like a warrior lady wearing a suit of armor in disguise and would make for a twist. sort of like Saber from the Fate series.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hotrod94573

Hotrod94573 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh God...saying shit like this is like saying Miles Morales isn't spiderman when he really fucking is. Why has everyone turned into a bitch lately

• Like Like x 1
  19. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure the way Optimus, Ironhide, Jazz, and Ratchet talked to each other in such a casual, informal way in Movie 1 during the Hiding at the Witwicky House and Observatory scenes as well as how Ironhide pounded on Optimus' roof when he was giving the silent treatment indicated they have a friendship.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

No because characters in the films never look or act how they do in the existing lore. What with these movie fans wanting all these G1 characters in the films when there never nothing like how they are in the shows and then everyone starts complaining. Just introduce "NEW" characters not ones we know.

• Like Like x 1