Who Would Be The Best Voice Actor For Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by daniel 97, Jan 11, 2014.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Friedle for sure, tired of the radio personally.

2. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I'll be honest. I thought the radio was used really well in AOE.

3. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Bee should have a voice and he has to be voiced by Will Friedle, I'm tired of the radio thing too, Mark Ryan is a great voice actor, did a great Jetfire and Lockdown -this is my final state

4. random dude

random dude Well-Known Member

Neither. Bumper Robinson all the way man. For the movieverse probably better he use his normal voice though.

5. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So red text is your final form?

Mark ryan or bust.

6. TheMixmaster

TheMixmaster Master of Mixin

I liked Bumblebee's voice from the first movie, whatever happened to that?

7. Apocalyptic PhD

Apocalyptic PhD Adamite

AoE Bumblebee actually gave the impressions of a teenager more than a young adult to me really, Optimus even described Bee to Cade as this guy who went all "Yeah Optimus, Amana Wash these dishes but f**K You!" as this hormonal teenager bot. TFP Bee described a humble Kiss-Ass but really likable young Teenager Bot. TFP and AoE just took other aspects of the Teenager Bee gimmick. Like them both just the way they are.

Teenage or Sub-Adult and age groups is subjective in Transformers, but both Bee's appear to be in the same class age respectively to each-other.

8. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Which suggests that Will should voice him!!!

9. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought you had said your final state.

10. Apocalyptic PhD

Apocalyptic PhD Adamite

He's just responding to my last post with no quotation.

11. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I lied!:ev: 

12. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    You're tired of it. I'm afraid it's most likely here to stay. This is the movieverse Bee, it's not G1, TFP or RID. The radio is Movie Bee's gimmick. Why should they alter the gimmick to suit a handful of people's needs?

I admit I wouldn't personally mind him talking but as I've said, he gets the screen too himself too much. Better off if he was dead already. His radio was used very, very well in AOE.

13. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Come on, Will Friedle makes a better Bumblebee than Mark Ryan. Who would want an Autobot who sounds heavily British?

14. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    HANDFUL? You surely have missed most of the posts in this thread, many people want him to have a normal voice, who cares if it is a gimmick, didn't the film makers want to introduce new things to this franchise, didn't they want to please the fans, didn't they want to develop the characters even more, man seriously! Just because a handful of people still prefer the mute Bee this doesn't mean he should still be mute, dozen of people are tired of it.

Wait, didn't the fans complained about the robots having alien faces, now in AoE the movie makers decided to hear what people want, fans were complaining about less robot screen time and robot development and here you go you have it in AoE, I completely disagree Bumblebee should stay mute, he's a young character and a young man needs to express himself, I can see it if it was an old Autobot, but please this was a stupid mistake, which I don't see why they don't fix and keep ignore the fans' requests!!!!!

15. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Jetfire, Leadfoot, Roadbuster, and Crosshairs, as well as many, many more Autobots from pretty much every continuity including most of the cast of MTMTE, all wave and say 'What-ho old bean?'

Calm down. You've stated your case several times now, we know your stance, there's no need to respond so vigorously every time someone doesn't share your opinion.

I think one thing you may have overlooked is that Movie 'Bee is able to communicate perfectly well to both all characters and the audience using his radio soundbites. TF Prime 'Bee and his binary blooping needed a translator, be it another Autobot or Raf. They needed to bring a voice actor in eventually. I've not seen the conclusion to Prime so I'm not entirely sure of the circumstances that he got his voice back, but I'm guessing the plot needed him to be able to actually communicate with the audience and the impact of what he needed to say would have been lost if they had continued with Raf's 'What's that 'Bee? Smokescreen's got stuck down the well?' schtick. Movie 'Bee has no such problems, there's no pressing need to give him a normal voice.

16. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Maybe because I'm a teen and I kinda place myself in his shoes and it is really embarrassing, it's like a infirmity, whenever I think of this voice problem it starts teasing me and as shown in TF: Prime it affects the self-esteem of Bee himself and I don't know, I'm really bound to his persona and I would like it even more if he gets a normal voice, man look, people don't want him to be a special character anymore and I totally agree, but it is this voice issue that makes him special, just give him his voice back and make him a normal bot, just like Jazz in 07 movie or Dino in DOTM, also I think little kids will be more happy if they have a 'talking Bumblebee' toy and Hasbro will sell more toys?
    His real voice will make him even more friendly

17. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    People in this thread are the HANDFUL out of so many TF fans that don't care or don't mind.

18. Apocalyptic PhD

Apocalyptic PhD Adamite

I didn't exactly write that to support your view really, basically I pointed out that the personalities of AoE and TFP Bee diverged at Age of Extinction and the Beast-Wars movie. AoE Bee turned into a Hormonal Pissy Teenager who gets pissed off at Constructive Criticisms from Drift "He's like a Child" TFP Bee in Beast-Wars movie reminded me of those young kiss-ass noble goody two shoes protagonist teenagers I frequently see on media (My best shot at defining it) with a character praising them (Smokescreen). Not that I have problem with both of them though.

They both appear to represent a certain teen stereotype or trope in the media, that's all. As with all Bumblebees. Just so you can get a feel as to why they can't have the same voice actor because they fill different personalities now.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  19. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:

Fair point, but still Mark Ryan doesn't sound like a teenager

20. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ugh, because Movie Bee is not a teenager. He acts like one because he's just an overly sensitive man child. That's just his personality. That doesn't mean he's physically a teen and should sound like one.