Who won Botcon 2014? Hasbro or Third party

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Who won?

1. A Voyager Optimus Prime

17 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. A Toyworld Orion

145 vote(s)
    63.3%
  3. B Deluxe Arcee

109 vote(s)
    47.6%
  4. B MMC Azalea/iGear Delicate Warrior/Perfect Effect RC

94 vote(s)
    41.0%
  5. C Legends Powerglide

121 vote(s)
    52.8%
  6. C X-Transbots Glider/iGear Red Baron/Maketoys Bomber

39 vote(s)
    17.0%
  7. D Voyager Brainstorm

113 vote(s)
    49.3%
  8. D Fansproject Smart Robin/Toyworld Brainwave

86 vote(s)
    37.6%
  9. E Legends Bombshell

77 vote(s)
    33.6%
  10. E FansProject Stormbomb

93 vote(s)
    40.6%
  11. F Leader Megatron

56 vote(s)
    24.5%
  12. F Toyworld Hegemon/Megasteel Megatron/Boldforms Dark Emperor

117 vote(s)
    51.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lycanthropic Tendencies

Lycanthropic Tendencies Well-Known Member

Imo, Hasbro won, because I like more this year than I have the whole time since Animated ended.
    As for specifics.

A. Hasbro. It's not especially my thing but imo it's way better than people give it credit for, and I think more pics will change some minds at least.

B. Delicate Warrior. But I'll still get Hasbro's too, so it's not like they failed.

C. Legends Powerglide. Not getting any PG, but the new one looks fun and the lower price means I am more likely to impulse buy it.

D. 3rd Party. The official one just doesn't do it for me.

E. Legends Bombshell. Pure Awesome. Never liked the third party version.

F. Leader Megatron. Nice mixture of G1/IDW, working tank tracks and an Armada homage repaint.

2. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

IMO..

A Voyager Optimus Prime
    A Toyworld Orion

toyworld looks the part hasbro looks like the hunch back of iacon ver or some shat..winner toyworld

B Deluxe Arcee
    B MMC Azalea/iGear Delicate Warrior/Perfect Effect RC

if i had to get one(which im not im geting both) it would be MMC..the design is better and more complex..not to say hastak is bad its great just not my fav of the two...winner MMC....barely

C Legends Powerglide
    C X-Transbots Glider/iGear Red Baron/Maketoys Bomber

i picked XTB/MT but upon another look i like hastak more...winner hastak

D Voyager Brainstorm
    D Fansproject Smart Robin/Toyworld Brainwave

this is the toughest of the decisions that is posted (IMO)
    hastak is AWESOME,alt mode is good from what i can tell..and big..just the way i like my bots..TW ver while it has the size, lacks in the alt mode and Fp lacks the size but its alt mode is sweet...winner hastak....barely

E Legends Bombshell
    E FansProject Stormbomb

Fp easily...no doubt

F Leader Megatron
    F Toyworld Hegemon/Megasteel Megatron/Boldforms Dark Emperor

another good battle..i like the size of hastak..but Hege is sick and that DE looks sicker!!!...winner TW/DE...

the one thing i noticed about hastak voyagers/leader class bots that have been shown is i see a lot of hollowness...and i dont like it..i dont care if its hollow inside as long as there isnt a gaping void thats noticable...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  3. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Hm...

Optimus- 3rd Party
    Arcee- 3rd party (Mastermind's)
    Powerglide- Harsbro
    Bombshell- Hasbro
    Megatron- 3rd Party (Megasteel)

4. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

For my part, Legends Bombshell, Shrapnel, and the eventual Kickback will be joining the TRU reissue Insecticons as Insecticon clones. The Reissues would have been originals and the FP versions clones, but the size factor tipped the balance towards FP.

5. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A. Neither. Both miss the mark by a wide margin

B. Delicate Warrior looks the best, but Hasbro's is more than serviceable.

C. Hasbro. Never cared for any of the 3rd Party Powerglides outside of Maketoys version. for the price Hasbro in a landslide

D. Hasbro. Smart Robin is probably the best engineered, but I love Hasbro's headsculpt. Toyworld's is a brick with wings and doesn't capture the spirit of any version of the character.

E. Fansproject by a wide margin. But again it comes down to price. $10 vs $60? I'll take Hasbro.

F. Hasbro's Megatron has grown on me, but the 3rd Parties still won this one. Even with this I won't purchase them, but Hasbro's is a maybe.

6. The New Guy

The New Guy Well-Known Member

A. I'm not a big fan of Orion, but he still edges this for me. I'm hopeful the Hasbro one has more to it, such as combining with something.

B. Hasbro for me. Not a big fan of the backpack, but I really like the car mode and that's enough to sell it for me.

C. Hasbro. I have iGear Powerglide and like it, but I prefer the look of this one.

D. Smart Robin wins this. The Hasbro figure looks nice, but Smart Robin just has such an amazing transformation.

E. I think the Hasbro figure makes for the better Bombshell. Stormbomb is a great figure, just doesn't feel like a great Bombshell.

F. I've never really liked Megatron's design enough to pay third party prices for him, so if I get any if will probably be Hasbro. On pure looks I think Megasteel wins though.