Who will not be buying any AoE toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    My Transformers funds are going towards Generations - the good toys I actually care about.

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Movie designs are not my preference but hey some people dig them so cool for them. I don't mind saving money.

3. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    I thought about it, but the AOE stuff isn't really doing it for me so I'd rather put my dolla towards the Generations, 3rd Party and miscellaneous stuff I really want.
    Although I might buy that Optimus Prime Evolutions 2 pack just for the Classics Optimus.

4. xdmisato

xdmisato Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me. I'm focusing on MP now. Might get a few Generations figures that I find interesting but the AOE line is a pass for me.

5. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've thought about getting the Dinobots and a few of the evo packs, but with all of the money going for the MP's and FT Dinos as well as the Generations Fembots (not to mention Star Wars Black 6" and figma and SHfiguarts), there just really isn't the money to buy any movie stuff. Perhaps if I can get them on clearance right before the holidays or after, then I may get some. I'm already buying way too much this year, so movie figures are out.

6. Rork

Rork Fruitloop Multipuck

I'm not a big fan of the movie aesthetic in toy form, although there are one or two with neat tricks.

It's G1 MPs for me with a very select range of Generations if they're really something special (Windblade is tempting right now).

7. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Here. MP and Generations all the way right now. I think some of the AOE Dinobots look ok, better than expected, but none of them are must-gets. Maybe around Christmas when they are all on clearance at Amazon for rock-bottom prices... but even then only maybe.

8. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Me.

Haven't we done this thread already?

9. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I started off as a movie collector in 2008 and amassed a big collection, as in-scale as possible, but I dumped 'em all last summer for the MP line. I'm a G1 guy at heart. I've never been happier as a TF fan than I am now. Each MP is a dream come true and the AoE movie line couldn't be more unappealing to me if it tried, which is exactly what it seems to be doing. Happy for those who are digging it, but it's not what I want and can't hold a candle to the previous movie lines, not even DotM.

10. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought Crosshairs, and that's pretty much it for me...until these guys start showing up at Five Below.

11. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Even tho I am pretty much over the whole Movie Optimus and Bumblebee collecting,I have to say those Movie Dinobots are Pure Eye Candy and as soon as my Walmart restocks them with the new price change of $9.97 I will most likely get 4 of each one,meaning 1 for Robot Mode,1 for Dino Mode,1 to keep MISB,and 1 to customize to be more G1,and don't crit me as I think the Movie Dinobots could fit in with both Movie and Classic Collections.

But speaking of that I do still love my Classics and they all have there own space in my room just like my fave movie designs,so I say to the OP you shouldn't exclude people that like both since we are all part of the same TF Fandom.But I like you started a thread about it.Later

12. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
  13. Rork

Rork Fruitloop Multipuck

Yup.

Perhaps this is the book version.

14. CKSpawn

CKSpawn 666 The Beastformer

So far I haven't kept any of the ones I've bought for myself Slug I picked up for my friend and Scorn I disided to take back I want EV Mode Optimus but I need to git a job to afford all this

15. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

I'm not going to touch anything from the current movie line until the entire trilogy is over.

Just look at what happened with the last trilogy, how many movie "perfect" versions of Prime and Bumblebee did we go through? Bought 2007 Prime, well here is a premium version. RotF Prime, sorry but here comes Buster. Oh the DotM voyager Hasbro Primes not working out, that's fine here comes 3 retools of the RotF/Buster mold.

Done? Too bad, Asian Premium Series 01 Perfect Optimus is here...which is only the "perfect" movie Prime if you prefer the Striker Configuration to Buster Prime's. Oh did you want a jet pack, sorry pick either Amazon or Takara Jetwing.

Also once you settle on a base "Perfect" Prime, don't forget to check out FWI and UFO for that final pu sh of movie accuracy.

Yeah I'm skipping that mess and just waiting until the dust settles on this one. I like tue movie aesthetics but I'll wait until all options are out. I'm perfectly happy going MP only until then.

16. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Fair enough but repaints and redecos are kinda what toy companies do to recoup money on the molds. Doesn't apply to just Bayverse only. The only AOE figure I bought so far is Takara Evasion Mode Voyager Optimus Prime and he's actually pretty darn cool. Definitely will get Lockdown, Hound, Galvatron, and Drift (all from the Takara line) but the other characters honestly don't interest me much. I have zero interest in the Bayverse Dinobots oddly enough, though Grimlock seems OK to me.

17. sawwheeler

sawwheeler Gundam Meister

I already am buying the AOE toys, I like them quite a lot.

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I most likely will not be but its possible i might snag a deluxe Grimlock and the beast era repaints.

19. Geezertron

Geezertron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I won't be buying any either. I think they look good, and I'm pretty tempted to get them. But a while back I decided to narrow my collecting down to Generations/Classics and MP. Otherwise I'd be buying more stuff than I've got room or money for.

20. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am going for the Generations stuff the Dinobots look great but I can't open the gate to all that dinosaur stuff it would be too hard to stop.

Maybe if they would have made Cyberverse I would have got them.

I a not saying the designs suck or anything else just don't want to regret buying them later.

Me too about the evolution Prime set but might keep that Evasion mold.