Who was your favorite Beast Era character?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Blackarachnia1996, Nov 4, 2019.

?

Who was your favorite Beast Era character?

Poll closed Nov 11, 2019.
  1. Savage/Noble

1.4%
  2. Botanica

1.4%
  3. Tankor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jetstorm

4.1%
  5. Waspinator

8.2%
  6. Megatron

34.2%
  7. Rattrap

6.8%
  8. Dinobot

43.8%
  9. The Oracle (bonus)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. The Vok (bonus)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Blackarachnia1996

Blackarachnia1996 Goddess of Chaos

Sorry for the 2 week delay, folks... hopefully there’s still interest in this.
    When all the precursor polls ended, I was gearing up for TFcon, and when I got back I had to work 6 days straight... so this is the first chance I’ve had to dedicate time to this :lol 

Anyway, so pretty self-explanatory... for those of you who weren’t around three weeks ago, I ran 4 separate polls asking people to vote for some of their favorite main characters spanning the predominate portions of the Beast Era (Beast Wars and Beast Machines)... I left out fiction like Dawn of Future’s Past and TransFormers: Universe (2003) because it just gets convoluted at that point, and the endgame is really just see who the overall fan favorite major character is.

Anywho, so I took the top two winners from each of those polls and am combining them so we can finally get that answer! And these choices span THE ENTIRE SERIES... so from Theft of the Golden Disk all the way through The Wreckers. If we use Cheetor for example, you would be voting for his character arc from when he was a Clocker repaint on the Axalon, through Beast Machines, ending with his storyline in The Wreckers Finale as your favorite character arc... now we’re still voting for favorite character and not necessarily plot device, but I want to make it clear we’re not only talking about Beast Wars. So if you loved Rattrap in BW but couldn’t stand him in Beast Machines, then you may want to vote for a different character ;) 

And just so I could fill out the poll to its maximum capacity, I threw in a couple of bonus options for anybody who’s favorite character may not be represented and they want something different to choose ;) 

Alright, let the good times roll!

2. Blackarachnia1996

Oh wow, I thought this would do a little better than what it’s doing :( 

3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So many great choices, but I still have to give it to Megatron. As far as fictional villains go, he’s not just my favorite character in BW & BM, he’s one of my favorite characters in anything.

75A58C7E-1414-4AF0-BD7F-1499E0672D39.gif

• Like Like x 5
  4. Blackarachnia1996

That’s how I feel about Blackarachnia... sad she didn’t make the cut :cry :cry :cry 

5. Blackarachnia1996

Alright folks, we’re almost at 2 days in and we only have 13 votes... even the Beast Machines Maximal thread had double that amount :eek: 
    I’d love it if we could match the Beast Wars Maximal poll and get 66 individual votes, so spread the word if you can! I’d love to see a strong variety in results for this :D 

6. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    No Rampage? How dare you Sir! How dare you!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    You should have posted a link the second you made the thread, dude. Thats the only way someone like me would ever know about it’s existence.

Anyways, all voted. I’m starting to wonder if maybe my vote would be different I you asked for the ‘best’ Beast Era character as opposed to my favourite...
    I think that ‘favourite’ has me voting with my heart for who resonated with me most and who’s story was most impactful on a personal, emotional level whereas ‘best’ would have got me to think more objectively and consider the writing, motives, their influence over all wider TF fiction etc.
    I was torn between two characters and it’s that choice of wording that told me who I had to go for.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blackarachnia1996

Thank you for participating!!!

I do want favorite... I’m curious to know who the overall character is that most people have a fondness for. The character that some people may go out of their way to pick up extra figures of because they’re their favorite. Not wanting an objective or critical evaluation of the show... vote with your heart!
    I also had a split vote... almost went with one character for “reasons,” but then thought “I just like the other character more...” so I went with them :) 

9. Blackarachnia1996

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Waspinator for me, followed closely by Inferno. Dinobot and Megatron are up there too. Really, most of the Beast Wars characters are all awesome thanks to great writing and character development.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I voted Megatron, but I should've voted Botanica just to give that criminally under-rated and underused character some love.

• Like Like x 3
  12. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

While Dinobot fits my favorite character archetype (villain with an ultimately good heart), I had to vote Megs out of the choices available. Smart and hella ambitious... an EFFECTIVE bad guy.

Inferno was my #1, at least until he was reduced to Waspinator Beta in season 3, but he wasn't a choice.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blackarachnia1996

I was in the exact same spot with Botanica, but I like Dinobot more and just felt it was necessary to be 100% accurate to me feelings

14. Nope

Nope board man gets paid

News Credits:
    Went with Jetstorm even though I love Megatron and Dinobot just as much. My favorite (Inferno) wasn't there anyway, so I figured I might as well show a BM guy some love.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blackarachnia1996

Waspinator beat out Inferno by just a few votes in the preliminaries :cry 

16. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I voted Megatron but I always liked Inferno and Terrorsaur. I've never understood Rattrap's popularity. I never liked his design and found his voice grating voice.

I thought he was a smart arse jerk but I know most people seem to like him.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megs or dinobot

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love that Megatron & Dinobot are neck & neck. They really were two of the best characters this franchise ever produced.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Blackarachnia1996

I agree with Dinobot, but I always found Megatron and Optimus to be the standard villain/hero tent pole (at least until Beast Machines, which then I will clamor for them)... I always found their subordinates to be a lot more interesting since most of them were independent and free thinkers and not like the typical group of army grunts

20. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Dinobot, of course.

Sunset-4893.jpg

"The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic... for I now find that I have no choice at all! I am a warrior... let the battle be joined."

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3