Who wants to see them make a transformers prime movie in theatres?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by bchorean, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

I thought the show came AFTER the movie

2. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

This, as long as it's not (gulp) live-action.

3. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

As Optimus Would Say "NO"
    Sorry I wouldn't Want this :) 

4. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Maybe they could do a series finale Movie . . . you know . . . so that the show could go out with a bang? They could make more money by selling the final season, and the movie separately?

I dunno. I like Prime. How many episodes is it supposed to have 165? I don't remember, but let me look it up quickly . . . so I still didn't find what i was looking for, but I remember reading something, before the show started, that they had a contract for an "X" amount of episodes.

5. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, no; I don't want TFP to be in the movies.

6. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

That's really a question I could only answer in retrospect, as it completely depends on how well it was done. Making a movie isn't like making a TV show, and the transition can be hard. If the writers were to do a really good job, I would love to see Prime on the big screen. If they didn't do a good job, I'd think it was a terrible idea. So only after I see it could I made the judgment should it have happened.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

The live actions films suck. People can flame me, hate me, argue with me and I can even appreciate them but honestly, they suck.

I would by far, prefer a Transformer Prime movie over another live action film. I know they will even fail at a reboot of the live action film. While I will rewatch the first trilogy I will not see any more TF films with Bay doing any role, Spielberg doing any role or the writers of the first three as writers.

I hope they make a Transformers Prime film at one point. Or maybe even make a trilogy instead of a second live action one.

8. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I would say you are wrong about your own opinion. You WOULD watch movies with the same writers as the first two movies because the writers for those two movies are the head writer's for prime. However, I don't think Orci and Kurtzman had full control with the live action movies, as I'm pretty sure Bay was very specific about what he did and did not want to see. They also wrote the new Star Trek movie, which lacked the insanely dumb humour of the Transformers movie. At no point in Star Trek did anyone start eating special brownies.

I do not blame Orci and Kurtzman, and I'm sure you would watch a transformers movie written by them, but with a different director. They are in charge of prime, and the writing is miles above the writing of the live action movies, showing they have much more potential than they exhibited.

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

They are producers, not writers in Prime but you could be right. I did enjoy Star Trek and it got me into the franchise, a bit. I also like the first TF film a lot more because(amongst other things) while it still had some weird humor, there was a lot less. But I am still uncertain after TF2 if they can put in enough character development.

10. Rodan75

Rodan75 Active Member

News Credits:
    I ABSOLUTELY want a TFP Movie! I didn't see the Animated Movie in theatres in 1986 (also because in Italy it came direct-to-vhs, sadly) and I want my animatic TF experience on the big screen, after the Live Action Movies.

I beg Hasbro to pursue it!

11. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    As I have stated before in other threads on this subject, I could see it happening as a Tie-In with the Show like how they started Clone Wars

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The first film was a general release.

13. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

From what I can think of off the top of my head, Star Wars:The Clone Wars is the most recent animated film connected to a regular series. Star Wars:TCW was in theaters in the summer of 2008.

The first Pokemon movie, if not any of others, was in theaters. The first one was in theaters some time in late 1999/early 2000.

That was 2007. Star Wars:TCW was in theaters the following year.

To actually answer the question at hand, I would absolutely love a feature length Transformers: Prime movie (in theater or DTV).

14. Optimus1984

Optimus1984 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    as long as they don't get bay in and don't stray form the good writing we have had so far id be in.

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If they can pull it off then teriffic!

16. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

G1 had a theatrical movie, after a few years. I think TFP is too inspired by the Bay movies to have a theatrical flick.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I would be perfectly fine with a made-for-TV movie, but at the same time would love to see a TFP movie make it to theaters. Since they've got three seasons planned out story-wise, maybe do one after season 3 is over, and then go from the end of the movie straight into either a fourth season or a new show within the same continuity (sort of like a Beast Wars for Prime).

18. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits:
    A theatrical release would be bad for me, since i live in Australia we haven't even started airing Prime yet. So i would have to wait about at least 3 months before we got sight of it, and if i was going to watch it earlier online like all the other episodes i would have to watch a poor quality 'handycam' version.

19. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    The multi-episode arcs work in lieu of a theater film for me. That format makes them feel more legitimate, I think. Like, the importance of a five-parter in the context of 30-minute episodes is massive, but the importance of an animated kids feature in theaters in the context of live-action features with higher budgets... loses a lot of its flare.

I've never seen an animated movie based on a series that made me feel otherwise, except perhaps Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

20. Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell yeah! I'd kill for a Prime movie!

To hell with Michael Bay and his ass-tastic films. It's all about Prime!